71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

The more I see this set the more I like it. Good figs, good and many pieces, ghost sharks, nice detail, no stickers. Plus a good price for all of these, especially considering the licensed nature. The box cover is really unfortunate though as it somehow fails to convey the value.

• Like 2

Agreed. Finally saw the ship in person at my local Lego Store and its much more impressive in person. As long as the film isn't the most hated one in the series, I'll probably pick a couple up during a good promo event. Double points and free Christmas item, anyone?

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Lego tax hitting us hard in Spain this year as RRP here is 230 euros. Even the Dutch and French get it for 220.

I guess the Snowspeeder will be the same.

Judging by the lacklustre performance of Red5 and the current drop in values of R2-D2, I'll only get one Snowspeeder for my collection and this will be hopefully during 2x VIP plus a good promo set.

At least the Silent Mary is a little cheaper in the UK at £179.99. I'm trying my best to like it, but I don't think I ever will - sorry. I just hope that a complete ship will be forthcoming as I'll definitely be interested in that.

I have to admit I'm floating somewhere in Limbo Land with this Jack Sparrow figure in mind.
There is a lot of talk about Jack Sparrow chest piece controversy and the color of his upper chest part.
We call it flaw when we see it grey, but there is no a single review out there with "correct" colour.
The only source showing tan color on chest is Lego, marketing and press releases, box and website.

So who is wrong?

22 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I have to admit I'm floating somewhere in Limbo Land with this Jack Sparrow figure in mind.
There is a lot of talk about Jack Sparrow chest piece controversy and the color of his upper chest part.
We call it flaw when we see it grey, but there is no a single review out there with "correct" colour.
The only source showing tan color on chest is Lego, marketing and press releases, box and website.

So who is wrong?

Sounds like a simple call/email to LEGO CS to get it settled, especially if the figure is different from the box.

Those counting on the figure becoming rare because it'll get fixed might have a let-down when LEGO decides the box is wrong instead :)

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Sounds like a simple call/email to LEGO CS to get it settled, especially if the figure is different from the box.

Those counting on the figure becoming rare because it'll get fixed might have a let-down when LEGO decides the box is wrong instead :)

So does the box become a super rare collectable?

• Like 1

So does the box become a super rare collectable?

Nope... there have been some notable misprints on boxes on printed tiles and none of them are any more collectable.

The BTTF Delorean had a misprint on the Flux capacitor tile.

Artic Batman was printed on one box.

Some boxes have had incorrect piece counts.

There are of course those who try to sell for a premium of a super rare misprint collectible but generally speaking they don't fetch a premium since there are literally thousands of them. It's not the same as trading card misprints which tend to be extremely rare and even then it has to be on someone noteworthy or it can be worth less.
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Buyers are so fussy these days that the box is far, far more important than the contents! People constantly asking me about box condition is really starting to do my head in.

Edited by TabbyBoy

On 23/03/2017 at 1:51 PM, Val-E said:

Lego tax hitting us hard in Spain this year as RRP here is 230 euros. Even the Dutch and French get it for 220.

I guess the Snowspeeder will be the same.

Well, apparently they reversed the Lego tax for both models between Spain and Netherlands... ;) Snowspeeder at €230 in Netherlands/Belgium and €220 for you in Spain.

Oh well, some you win, some you lose. Though the Germans are always on the winning side when it comes to Lego pricing... :P 

When I saw The Silent Mary in person recently, one of the first things I thought was what a great playset Ewok Village has been in direct comparison. I mean, apart from not being an appropriate ship for display purposes, there ist relatively little room on deck for playing purposes either. I have no idea who is supposed to buy this...

Edited by Frank Brickowski

I've found on Australia Ebay that Pacific batch is correct in terms of torso color for Jack Sparrow, but EU seems to be flawed.

Could anyone from US/NA show the Jack's minifig to determine the shade of the shirt/skin torso element for your region?

38 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I've found on Australia Ebay that Pacific batch is correct in terms of torso color for Jack Sparrow, but EU seems to be flawed.

Could anyone from US/NA show the Jack's minifig to determine the shade of the shirt/skin torso element for your region?

Scroll up to the Jangs review and cue to 10:20

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Scroll up to the Jangs review and cue to 10:20

there are minifigs on ebay with correct tan color, that's why I'm asking community here for feedback.
called CS today and they seem to be as confused about this problem as I do.

1 minute ago, Pietro said:

If someone at TLG is reading here, it will be very easy to identificate you as a reseller scum, won't it?

who said I'm a reseller, do you really think all of the people here are resellers? majority yes, but not all of ppl here.  Please find any of my posts under thread "what set did you sell today" and will soak you in liquid gold.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shewie said:

who said I'm a reseller, do you really think all of the people here are resellers? majority yes, but not all of ppl here.  Please find any of my posts under thread "what set did you sell today" and will soak you in liquid gold.

That sounds mildly erotic so in for 3. There was that ebay listing with the 2 Super Heroes sets in the photo, wasn´t there?

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2