71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, kumas said:

Anybody investing in this wreck ? according BL demand is not very high, I have 3 and might buy 3 more but It would probably be dead money for a long time

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, this is a prime turkey if ever there was one. I'd need at least 50% off this to be even remotely tempted. For me, it's a complete ship or nothing. A Destinys Bounty will sell for more in a couple of years time.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I think this is going to be a dark horse.  I'll only buy in at 30% off though.

A bigger Black Pearl would've been an absolute winner and it's about time one was released. I'm still waiting for an Imperial Flagship, but it breaks my heart to pay more than RRP ?

53 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

A bigger Black Pearl would've been an absolute winner and it's about time one was released. I'm still waiting for an Imperial Flagship, but it breaks my heart to pay more than RRP ?

I tried ordering an Imperial Flagship when it was call to check, years ago... they were sold out though...

I missed the boat...

*mic drop*

It's actually quite a painful memory ? 

• Like 1

Been on $150 perma sale in the US for a couple months now. Even with a $10 gift card included target could not sell it out. It does seem to be gone from amz and wm. 

I am passing on this one. Could be a sleeper if everyone else passes too. The set looks like a mess but I kind of want to build it. 

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Been on $150 perma sale in the US for a couple months now. Even with a $10 gift card included target could not sell it out. It does seem to be gone from amz and wm. 

I am passing on this one. Could be a sleeper if everyone else passes too. The set looks like a mess but I kind of want to build it. 

$150? That'll be £200 after 11th December! You're right, it does look like a mess. I've seen better looking decomposing badger ribcages on the roads.

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Strange set.  I kinda like it, but I don't think it displays well.  Might be a sleeper because of lack of interest, but then again, if people don't care now, why will they care about it in two years?

The set also has to sail on its own merits in the US since the movie's domestic box office won't float it. Might be a sleeper elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Strange set.  I kinda like it, but I don't think it displays well.  Might be a sleeper because of lack of interest, but then again, if people don't care now, why will they care about it in two years?

A Scheels store in my state has one of these in a glass display case with nice lighting. All I can say is that it looks incredible. I was so-so on the set before, but seeing it in person changed my tune. I picked up a couple shortly after at $150.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, waddamon said:

I think it will do great, bought at a discount.

Same thought here. 

It’s a great build and displays pretty well.  

Additionally, I think it will be helped by being radically different than anything else before it (especially Pirate themed).  Both dead sharks are icing on the cake if the mold isn’t used again for a while. 

Guest TabbyBoy

I remember when somebody built this and submerged it in a fish tank. Seriously, that's the best way to display something that looks utter cack otherwise.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I remember when somebody built this and submerged it in a fish tank. Seriously, that's the best way to display something that looks utter cack otherwise.

It has its moments.  Under the right conditions like a fish tank or display case with lights, it will probably look great.  

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Legojona said:

It looked pretty awesome in Jang;s display:

Very cool.