71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

This set is growing on me.  Not a fan of the Pirates movies but I could see making a cool underwater diorama using this ship as the centerpiece.  Might consider buying and selling off the minifigs and doing this (or just buy the ship off someone parting it out).  This little guy would look cool exploring it:  

51bmoKn7xuL.jpg

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Ted said:

Another possible theory is that one box is listing the number of pieces and the other doesn't. So one box art for Eu side and one for US side? probably?

The brothersbrick's review shows EU box (without # of pieces) and the art is the same as picture 1 (2 sharks behind Jack's rowboat).

13 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Yeahh no, afaik those don't exist for D2Cs. I think it's either a trick by LEGO or another regional thing.

I think LEGO is zeroing on you :devil:

5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Here is the first proper review I've seen and it has some nice images of the build/pieces as well.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/03/09/lego-pirates-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-71042-silent-mary-exclusive-review/

I know I'm being a Debbie Downer here, but the more I see of the actual ship the more I get disappointed.  I want to love it, but as an AFOL it feels too toy/play like than display worthy when compared to previous POTC ships.  Especially at $199 retail when others were at much less.  My non-LEGO friends (yes I know unfortunate) would definitely put this in the toy category.  It is a very difficult ship to recreate in LEGO form and I think they did the best job possible.  On a positive note I do love the minifigures and zombie sharks!

• Like 2

I guess the reviewer at The Brothers Brick cannot emphasize enough on this Silent Mary. "it is important to remember that this is a decaying amd damaged ghost ship and not a pirate ship." No less than 5 times?
Ship looks ok to me, although i don't really like the brick build cannons, not a deal breaker, i can always get some cannons and put it in myself if they fits through the openings first.

Brick vault had a live build on this set little while ago. I just tried watching it (got notice on my phone for the video) I go to click it and shows no longer a available...maybe to soon to show it?

I got lucky and watched most of their live stream. From the unboxing to completing the build. I guess you just missed it.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:25 PM, exciter1 said:

Do we have prices or leaked info for the POTC movie sets?  Is anything priced where a proper ship could be in the lineup?

I thought the only other sets are the Brick Headz. Are there any others?

Edited by inversion

On 11/3/2017 at 1:03 AM, Lego Templar said:

Brick vault had a live build on this set little while ago. I just tried watching it (got notice on my phone for the video) I go to click it and shows no longer a available...maybe to soon to show it?

• Like 2

Interesting 7cm shorter then the Imperial flagship but weighs more SM 2960 grams Imperial flagship 2590 grams not sure if that includes the box will have to check when I get home.

I would think the solid hull pieces would weigh more.  They may look better in the finished product but not much to the build other then 4 technic pins or some 2x6 blocks.

Either way QFLL on this doesn't look that great:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-71042-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Dead-Men-Tell-No-Tales-The-Silent-Mary-3-17-/222438122870?hash=item33ca586576:g:66cAAOSwuxFYwVjP

19 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Silent Mary available from tomorrow for VIP customers only, but first come first serve because they will have very limited amount in London, 1 per customer only.

Is this an in store thing or also available online?  What about the US?  Can't seem to find anything advertised.

29 minutes ago, Shewie said:

Silent Mary available from tomorrow for VIP customers only, but first come first serve because they will have very limited amount in London, 1 per customer only.

I cannot imagine that a lot of people is buying this crappy set on 1. day, without any discounts or bonus polybags... Only fools...

8 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

I cannot imagine that a lot of people is buying this crappy set on 1. day, without any discounts or bonus polybags... Only fools...

After looking at the review the set is not crappy, just different, and I like it. I would be a fool to buy from the first batch though as the Jack Sparrow fig has production issues in all copies I have seen to be reviewed. His skin-colored hairy chest (as shown on the box) is grey.

However, if you want to open it in the near future and are sneaky enough, you can buy it and ask for a replacement fig when they fix it. Ensured way to get a dupe fig.

Edited by inversion

11 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I agree.  I would wait for free promos  and 2x VIP.  

I would wait for 50 % discount + the price of the zombies and sharks on bricklink must be over 50 eur. Because the rest of the set is just a garbage, including the non-zombie figs. Otherwise I f**k this bad joke.

Edited by fantomas007
  • Like 2