71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

5 minutes ago, kumas said:

first I thought: wow, so massive; but I see I would have to add a lot of pieces to build a regular ship out of it, I feel a bit of disappointment right now

Better not look at the SW 2017 summer range then!

This and the Nexo castle seem to be the most impressive things on show. Waiting for the Snowspeeder but it seems it won´t happen.

Guest TabbyBoy

What a load of futtocks!

Sorry guys, I'm so disappointed and gutted as I was hoping for an "intact" ship to display. C'mon LEGO, release a proper complete ship, it's been a lomg time... please!

With sets like this, not buying has become easier than I thought ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Yes...it's not an intact ship....it's based on the movie not what you want....

Maybe watch the trailer again so you see this ship.

I know where you're coming from, but call me a completionist with OCD ;-) I just hope that LEGO release another intact ship like they did with BP and QAR. Don't get me wrong, I love LEGO's classic ships and this does seem a little out of place to my mind. IMHO the Sea Cow is the best ship that LEGO has ever produced and it's a shame that the aftermarket doesn't share my enthusiam. Yes, I'm a classic ship fan more than a POTC fan.

I like it, not because it's a pirate ship, but because it is pleasing and something very different from Lego. There were complaints that pirate ship ambush wasn't ghost/dark enough and you can't say that about this effort.

I also agree with other posters that I still want a full ship to build and look forward to a future release but this will satisfy me in the meantime.

• Like 2

Groovy ghost ship, and the cannons I believe are mainly a couple of this Technic piece pinned together. In the third shot of KvHulk's post, you can see the open slot at the side on a few.

In the photo with the price point. You can see 3 different "cannons" which are all made from technic pieces. The ones on deck are a technic/cheese slope combo. No new pieces.

Looks pretty cool i think. At first i thought i'd prefer a full ship, but now that i think about it this actually would look awesome next to my completed ships. Adds a bit more variety!

I've gone from buying no sets (for personal collection) to the past 6 months or, to now needing to fork out $500 for this and the Snowspeeder ?

Edited by Sandwraith

7 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

I love it. It's completely original. Many people here criticize Lego for rehashing sets. This is certainly no rehash. We should support this set to encourage Lego to take more chances in the future. It would have been easy to make a standard ship set but they didn't. They should be applauded for that. 

Wholeheartedly agree. Most of us that would build this are probably going to display it, and this ship looks interesting. It's not going to blend in with some other ships.  I would have been ok with a traditional ship and it took a minute to come around on this, but it is really growing on me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

What a load of futtocks!

Sorry guys, I'm so disappointed and gutted as I was hoping for an "intact" ship to display. C'mon LEGO, release a proper complete ship, it's been a lomg time... please!

With sets like this, not buying has become easier than I thought ;-)

I don't get people's dislike for the sea cow. Sure it has a high poop deck and maltese falcon almost junk rig sails, high freeboard, but with a few modifications it could be awesome. I would buy a SC at retail over this any day. Its a ship so I like it and is quite original and will display well, the colors are unfortunate to my taste. You could add a proper hull using the traditional boatbuilding technique of slopes and plates on frames method as seen in this beautiful fishing boat.

fishing1.jpg