71042 - Silent Mary

Alpinemaps

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Hey, Seacow was the strongest performing retired set of 2015 in some US states during a couple of weeks in 2016

You need to stop with the constant negativity...  Come on, Sea Cow, Emmets Mech, and the DD Couch are 3 sets from the Lego Movie that are going to rise in value.  It may take some time, but as more lego films come out, people are going to start having cravings for some of the older sets.  For the record, the Sea Cow is not heavily hoarded compared to many other sets out there that retired around the same time.  It's going to do superwell, once more lego films come out.  Just watch.

• Like 8

You guys know about the new lego Pirates of the Carribbean Ship lego 71042? Well, anyways you will find that the ship looks weird because it is a wrecked ship and it is wrecked by the kraken also included in the set. Meaning in the movie the kraken comes back to life like the shark does in the set(zombie shark). Let's find out what else is included in the set!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fossilrock said:

You need to stop with the constant negativity...  Come on, Sea Cow, Emmets Mech, and the DD Couch are 3 sets from the Lego Movie that are going to rise in value.  It may take some time, but as more lego films come out, people are going to start having cravings for some of the older sets.  For the record, the Sea Cow is not heavily hoarded compared to many other sets out there that retired around the same time.  It's going to do superwell, once more lego films come out.  Just watch.

I´m telling you how it is and was and you are telling me how you hope it will be in the future. 2 totally different things.

Let´s see how this new PoC set affects the performance of the older PoC sets. It could go 3 ways.

• Like 1

I will skip this if its a play set with a Kracken in the middle with a play set around it with figures. I just want display models and not play sets that lego seems to have a unhealthy love for. I love sets like Big Ben but those are coming out fewer over time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Armor said:

I will skip this if its a play set with a Kracken in the middle with a play set around it with figures. I just want display models and not play sets that lego seems to have a unhealthy love for. I love sets like Big Ben but those are coming out fewer over time. 

Wait, what? 

The AFOL in me understands your underlying sentiment, but you can't honestly blame LEGO for producing too many, and I quote "play sets that LEGO has an unhealthy love for."

l like the big display sets as well, but they are indeed a TOY company. It's not a stretch to think some kids might get more enjoyment playing with their toys than starring at them in a display case.

_________

Also, in reference to not seeing any sails on the box "art",  I will leave you with this image of the Dying Gull snapped during the filming:

IMG_5445.PNG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Armor said:

Come on, Bro. Get some extra pieces and MOC it out until it's a display piece worthy of your tastes.  That's one of the great things about LEGO. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, scuttfarkas said:

Come on, Bro. Get some extra pieces and MOC it out until it's a display piece worthy of your tastes.  That's one of the great things about LEGO. 

If I were running TLG, I'd want to make both groups happy so I'd make it with a breakaway midsection so you can display a full ship or get some Kraken action. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...