LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if this has been talked about, but w/ all the madness and the insanely low prices I'm seeing these sold for, what are you guys shipping these in when sold individually?
Even a fun pack will only fit in an 8x6x4 if you fold the top, an 8x6x6 might fit diagonally. I hope we're not pulling a kmart with bags unless stated clearly.

I haven't shipped any yet, but have been strategizing. Four Fun Packs, in the original case stays under a pound, so you can still ship USPS First Class. I'm in agreement that selling individuals won't be the best strategy any time soon.

43581912598928cec7c7de76f171f0ad.jpg
  • Like 3

If I had any 99cents stores in FL I would have bought all the packs. Open them and just sell them as opened (keep them in the sealed bags) and just ship them in a padded envelope. Shipping would still be like 2.XX so would need to sell them for 5 to make any profit. Or do as people mentioned a value pack of 4 for like 15 or something. That would make more sense and less work.

• Like 2

If I had any 99cents stores in FL I would have bought all the packs. Open them and just sell them as opened (keep them in the sealed bags) and just ship them in a padded envelope. Shipping would still be like 2.XX so would need to sell them for 5 to make any profit. Or do as people mentioned a value pack of 4 for like 15 or something. That would make more sense and less work.

Yes, you and the other thousand people doing that too. I'd have flipped in quantity and let someone else get stuck holding the bag. There is clearly not enough end-user demand for these, so unless you want a Cragger army, emmet construction company, or an entire bad cop police force, i don't know what you'd do with them. The bttf, jw, and doctor who should be fine, but there were less and they seemed more popular already.
  • Like 1

I have been selling these in lots of 20 or more, so we agree there. But, I think in 6 -9 months most of us will be wishing we had more of these. Demand for a particular item is greater at a lower price than at a higher price. The fact that demand was much lower than anticipated at a price point of 11.99, doesn't mean there isn't sufficient demand to completely wipe out the supply if the price point is $5 each. I am staying away from the Chima packs of course, but I can't imagine there is going to be much of a bag to hold if you're buying packs like LOTR, Lego Movie, Ninjago, etc.

• Like 4

The best way to get Dr. Who, BTTF, or JW in any meaningful quantity (1000+) was to contact the store manager before the shipment even got to the store and offer to buy the entire pallet.  That method is virtually closed now, so your best bet now is to swoop from the shelf, which is getting very hard to do, or ask the manager to bring out a box from the stockroom, if they even have it anymore.

IMG_1320.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, dmc said:

I have been selling these in lots of 20 or more, so we agree there. But, I think in 6 -9 months most of us will be wishing we had more of these. Demand for a particular item is greater at a lower price than at a higher price. The fact that demand was much lower than anticipated at a price point of 11.99, doesn't mean there isn't sufficient demand to completely wipe out the supply if the price point is $5 each. I am staying away from the Chima packs of course, but I can't imagine there is going to be much of a bag to hold if you're buying packs like LOTR, Lego Movie, Ninjago, etc.

The Homer level pack at the going rate on Amazon FBA is selling 3-400 per day.  The sales rank for this at the moment is 46. Similar with Portal and Scooby. The lowballers should be cleared out in a few weeks or so, and profit margins should increase accordingly. Of course, if 99 only store keeps pumping these level packs out in the next month, then that won't happen . . .

Edited by tunnelvision
  • Like 4

On 2/3/2017 at 7:30 PM, deanearp said:

I am starting to think that regions are getting certain ones and not others.  Here in central Texas I have not seen any Homer, Bart, Bad Cop, LOR, UniKitty, etc that are popping up on the West Coast.  I have seen a bunch of Krusty, Portal, Scooby.  It seems that west coasters aren't seeing Krustys.

I do think that the shipments are starting to die down--managers I talked to today said they are seeing less come in.

Anybody in Texas seeing any of the BTTF, Jurassic, Dr. Who?

I have not seen those in Houston, but I only checked 4 stores

• Like 1

New Dimensions spotted at a 99c store in LA:

Harry Potter

Gremlins

Ghostbuster

Sonic

DC

Adventure Time

Wonder Woman

Mr T

Cyborg

YMMV. Keep an eye out.

EDIT: Simply sharing information from another Lego forum, I have not personally seen them (yet).

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 3