LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are about 350 of these stores nationwide according to their website.  With the volume we're seeing per store, that is a ton of cheap Dimensions on the market.  I wonder how this will effect future waves?  Will LEGO cut back production big time and will buyers back off knowing there's a good chance they will have steep discounts?  I don't have many of these, but the ones I did acquire for 50-60% off don't seem so great now.

• Like 1

So, those of you who have encountered a limit, have you been able to ascertain if it's a limit of 9 a day? 

First store I hit had it marked in fine print on the signs "Limit 9 per customer". Should have photographed it. I will at the next store.

Don't know if it's enforced. Selection was small and what I already had.

• Like 2

The clerks in the two stores I went this morning did not even mention it.  I bought 11 at one store, then 16 at another store and both clerks didn't say anything.  

However, most places don't have much left only Sensei Wu, Bart, bad Cop, Cragger with some leftover Benny, Jay and Nya which were the ones I bought.

• Like 3

The three stores I hit were pretty barren today.

Store 1's truck was there when I got there yesterday. They hadn't unpacked until after I left. What they did get was a small order, with just some Fun Packs. Stock was small this morning. So if they got much of anything it was gone.

Store 2 was also barren. This was a store I was told (my a 99c Store manager) is a slow store that had tons. Hardly anything there and they said they hadn't gotten anything the last couple of days.

Store 3 had told me yesterday that they were expecting another big shipment for today. I got there and either they had been ransacked this morning, or more than likely, had sold through 90% of their stock yesterday and didn't get anything today. They had maybe two shelves of an end cap left.

So either stock is drying up, shipment didn't come when expected, or shipments might be coming in over the weekend. Or, we're done a few days earlier than we thought.

• Like 1

There are still thousands in the Sacramento area, but man, the limit really kills this for me. Maybe your 99 cent stores are much better than mine, but at mine, I have had to wait in line anywhere from 5-15 minutes each time. Add that to the time involved in driving to the store and it's no longer a good deal. It was a good use of my time when I was buying 100 - 150 at a time, but it doesn't makes sense for 9 packs. 

Has anyone seen large quantities of BTTF or Jurassic packs? The situation in my local stores is this -

300+ Homers received

120 Portal 2 packs received

48 Jurassic/48 BTTF received

So it looks like they're only getting a fraction of what they got for the previous waves.

Edited by pete411

5 hours ago, dmc said:

There are still thousands in the Sacramento area, but man, the limit really kills this for me. Maybe your 99 cent stores are much better than mine, but at mine, I have had to wait in line anywhere from 5-15 minutes each time. Add that to the time involved in driving to the store and it's no longer a good deal. It was a good use of my time when I was buying 100 - 150 at a time, but it doesn't makes sense for 9 packs. 

You didn't happen to hit Stockton, did you? :P They told me a couple bought 500 before the limit. I'm aiming high trying to land 1 Jurassic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deanearp said:

Do any of you that have gotten some BTTF or Jurassic World want to trade for Portals or Scooby's.  I'd also be open to trading for some Homer's if available.  If so, please PM me.  Here in Texas I haven't come across any of  these and I'd like to get  some of them.

The way they've been popping up with new inventory every few days, it might be worth waiting a little bit more. I was about ready to ask someone about BTTF and found a few today. We'll have to hit the trading section when the stores are down to nothing but 1,000 Barts & Bad Cops. :P Mine are about there already (not my doing).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

The way they've been popping up with new inventory every few days, it might be worth waiting a little bit more. I was about ready to ask someone about BTTF and found a few today. We'll have to hit the trading section when the stores are down to nothing but 1,000 Barts & Bad Cops. :P Mine are about there already (not my doing).

I am starting to think that regions are getting certain ones and not others.  Here in central Texas I have not seen any Homer, Bart, Bad Cop, LOR, UniKitty, etc that are popping up on the West Coast.  I have seen a bunch of Krusty, Portal, Scooby.  It seems that west coasters aren't seeing Krustys.

I do think that the shipments are starting to die down--managers I talked to today said they are seeing less come in.

Anybody in Texas seeing any of the BTTF, Jurassic, Dr. Who?

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

You didn't happen to hit Stockton, did you? :P They told me a couple bought 500 before the limit. I'm aiming high trying to land 1 Jurassic.

IMG_20170203_175112.thumb.jpg.2cd99f600955badfa35447aa417bef2b.jpg

I went to this store on the way to work, no JW. Hit the same store after work and bam, my JW prayer answered. I think one of you threw me a bone and planted it there. :D

• Like 3

I apologize if this has been talked about, but w/ all the madness and the insanely low prices I'm seeing these sold for, what are you guys shipping these in when sold individually?
Even a fun pack will only fit in an 8x6x4 if you fold the top, an 8x6x6 might fit diagonally. I hope we're not pulling a kmart with bags unless stated clearly. :P

I apologize if this has been talked about, but w/ all the madness and the insanely low prices I'm seeing these sold for, what are you guys shipping these in when sold individually?
Even a fun pack will only fit in an 8x6x4 if you fold the top, an 8x6x6 might fit diagonally. I hope we're not pulling a kmart with bags unless stated clearly.

I can't speak for everyone else. They're too busy trying to figure out what's in the box, but I have yet to sell one individually with prices this low. Just not worth the hassle. I've sold a few lots, but that's it. Holding on to the rest till the dust clears.
  • Like 2