LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

8 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

You'll be thanking him!

It's actually a lot of fun! Being a AFOL is just an added bonus. Be warned though there are only 2 paths for you.

1. Get just a few (only the ones you need)

2. You buy every last one...even if you don't like the minifig/character.

unfortunately I am number 2 and have every Dimensions released to date.

Side note I am 80% sure we see SW/Marvel next year around this time.

lol yeah I played a small bit of the base game and have loved it! With these crazy deals it's hard to pass them up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my mom bought my boy this for Christmas.  Quick question, is there a list out there for all the lego dimension sets that are about to retire?  I figure these will have a 2 year run, correct?  I stayed away from this theme like the plague, but now i'm kinda being suckered into looking deeper into what is out there, and after we set it up, my boy loves this system.. and so, here we go....  It's now one of his favorite things he got. 

Any lists?  I've looked around, and other than seeing a lot of out of stock on lego.com, it's hard to gauge what is going and what is staying.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

So my mom bought my boy this for Christmas.  Quick question, is there a list out there for all the lego dimension sets that are about to retire?  I figure these will have a 2 year run, correct?  I stayed away from this theme like the plague, but now i'm kinda being suckered into looking deeper into what is out there, and after we set it up, my boy loves this system.. and so, here we go....  It's now one of his favorite things he got. 

Any lists?  I've looked around, and other than seeing a lot of out of stock on lego.com, it's hard to gauge what is going and what is staying.

I'd start at places like FiveBelow ... gets you a bunch of them cheap. There are a few exclusives, such as Jay,which might be difficult to find right now (not to mention Adventure Time Marceline, which got recalled from TRU). Then keep checking Amazon, they rotate through discounted level packs all the time. Your son's set should have come with a poster displaying all set waves (until wave 5 I think) - then try to hunt down the early wave stuff. I'm not sure if these retire at any point, given that they are all unique in game characters. Thon if they do, this would be good for us scum.

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'd start at places like FiveBelow ... gets you a bunch of them cheap. There are a few exclusives, such as Jay,which might be difficult to find right now (not to mention Adventure Time Marceline, which got recalled from TRU). Then keep checking Amazon, they rotate through discounted level packs all the time. Your son's set should have come with a poster displaying all set waves (until wave 5 I think) - then try to hunt down the early wave stuff. I'm not sure if these retire at any point, given that they are all unique in game characters. Thon if they do, this would be good for us scum.

Yeah, a lot of the first few waves are ok.  I could care less about chima, or ninjago, lego movie, simpsons etc.  But, it seems that wicked witch, ghostbusters, and harry potter could be on their way out.  So, just wanted to try and grab those before they are truly gone.  I know how this game goes..trust me.  Not looking at it for investment, just to have for my son to play. 

Some of the sets like ET, ATeam, Back to the Future, some of the superhero versions, I admit are pretty darn fun. 

Now, the question is when will Star Wars be a part of this world. .. ?  Now that disney infinity is dead... they might as well move it over.

• Like 1

Yeah, a lot of the first few waves are ok.  I could care less about chima, or ninjago, lego movie, simpsons etc.  But, it seems that wicked witch, ghostbusters, and harry potter could be on their way out.  So, just wanted to try and grab those before they are truly gone.  I know how this game goes..trust me.  Not looking at it for investment, just to have for my son to play. 

Some of the sets like ET, ATeam, Back to the Future, some of the superhero versions, I admit are pretty darn fun. 

Now, the question is when will Star Wars be a part of this world. .. ?  Now that disney infinity is dead... they might as well move it over.

I think SW is the most likely of the three big Disney franchises that could come in Year 3.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to finish the main game of Lego Dimensions, but keep getting stuck caused by glitches/bugs in level 12 (Prime Time, Endless Sea of Possibilities). I've already tried this level some 5 times, and each and every time I get stuck at a different point when something should happen to continue but doesn't happen. Very frustrating that you can't save mid through the level so if the game glitches you can reload a save and continue from there. Now, every time I get stuck I have to start the Endless Sea of Possibilities again from the beginning of the level. :( 

By the way, my Lego Dimensions collection now consists of:

• the Starter Pack (obviously) for my Wii-U
  • The Simpsons Level Pack
  • Portal 2 Level Pack
  • Doctor Who Level Pack
  • Ghostbusters Level Pack
  • Midway Arcade Level Pack
  • Cyberman Fun Pack
  • Gremlins Team Pack
  • E.T. Fun Pack

I am trying to finish the main game of Lego Dimensions, but keep getting stuck caused by glitches/bugs in level 12 (Prime Time, Endless Sea of Possibilities). I've already tried this level some 5 times, and each and every time I get stuck at a different point when something should happen to continue but doesn't happen. Very frustrating that you can't save mid through the level so if the game glitches you can reload a save and continue from there. Now, every time I get stuck I have to start the Endless Sea of Possibilities again from the beginning of the level.  
By the way, my Lego Dimensions collection now consists of:
  • the Starter Pack (obviously) for my Wii-U
  • The Simpsons Level Pack
  • Portal 2 Level Pack
  • Doctor Who Level Pack
  • Ghostbusters Level Pack
  • Midway Arcade Level Pack
  • Cyberman Fun Pack
  • Gremlins Team Pack
  • E.T. Fun Pack

If it's a glitch, it could be the platform rather than the game. You'd have to check a gamers forum to see how common a problem it is.

9 hours ago, donbee said:

If it's a glitch, it could be the platform rather than the game. You'd have to check a gamers forum to see how common a problem it is.

Yeah, I am afraid it's related to the platform, i.e. Wii-U, that I'm using. Wouldn't be surprised if the amount of working-memory of the Wii-U (or lack thereof) is the culprit. In combination with bad coding of course.  Always the problem with cross-platform games which are programmed on one platform and then ported to another. 

Oh well, I have yet to play through the Doctor Who and Midway Arcade Level packs, and then explore all the Adventure Worlds that I have access to. :) 

• Like 1

What is the general expectation of the EOL value of retired sets? I bought quite some as they were getting dumped 50-70% on Amazon.fr, so seemed like a safe bet.

Dimensions seems like a risky investment. I like to buy them on sale, sell the Toy Tags, minifigures, and minibuilds separately. I keep some of the minifigures for my personal collection and some to sell later. The minifigures will always have some value. The Toy Tags will only be valuable as long as the game is popular. Here in the US, some Level Packs and Fun Packs have been widely discounted at $1 each. I am apprehensive about being left holding a bunch of these a year from now and may only buy for resale if I can find them for $1.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, randrace said:

Dimensions seems like a risky investment. I like to buy them on sale, sell the Toy Tags, minifigures, and minibuilds separately. I keep some of the minifigures for my personal collection and some to sell later. The minifigures will always have some value. The Toy Tags will only be valuable as long as the game is popular. Here in the US, some Level Packs and Fun Packs have been widely discounted at $1 each. I am apprehensive about being left holding a bunch of these a year from now and may only buy for resale if I can find them for $1.

Yeah, the $3.75 Target Cartwheel deal from April 2016 isn't looking so good for Lego Movie figures anymore, since some people spend $3.96 on each set of 4.  I'm glad most of the others I have multiple of (and haven't already resold) have not been in this deal.  There might still be value in the figures that will never make it into normal set production (Sonic, Gremlins, Mr. T., E.T, etc), but even that goes away if they get blown out for $1 by the thousands next year.  Too risky.  I'm only buying for myself going forward.  Unless of course they come with a free polybag I can sell for $50.  Then I'm in for them all!  Anybody still need a Green Arrow? :)

Edited by Sfcommando14
  • Like 3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lego-Dimensions-Bart-Simpson-Fun-Pack-71211-Factory-Sealed-/112280677371?hash=item1a24732bfb:g:OO0AAOSwjDZYiE8N

Sooooo...Bart Dimensions pack for 0.99 + 3.50 shipping = 4.49.

buy cost: 0.99 + 0.08 tax = 1.07

eBay fee: 0.45

PayPal fee: 0.43

postage: 2.61

packaging materials: Let's assume $0.

4.49 - 1.07 - 0.45 - 0.43 - 2.61 = -0.07.

The seller is losing 7 cents on each sale. That's not accounting for gas and time. Am I missing something here?

Also, the seller has the shipping method set to USPS Priority Mail instead of First-Class, which I'm just going to assume is a mistake.

19 minutes ago, Jackson said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lego-Dimensions-Bart-Simpson-Fun-Pack-71211-Factory-Sealed-/112280677371?hash=item1a24732bfb:g:OO0AAOSwjDZYiE8N

Sooooo...Bart Dimensions pack for 0.99 + 3.50 shipping = 4.49.

buy cost: 0.99 + 0.08 tax = 1.07

eBay fee: 0.45

PayPal fee: 0.43

postage: 2.61

packaging materials: Let's assume $0.

4.49 - 1.07 - 0.45 - 0.43 - 2.61 = -0.07.

The seller is losing 7 cents on each sale. That's not accounting for gas and time. Am I missing something here?

Also, the seller has the shipping method set to USPS Priority Mail instead of First-Class, which I'm just going to assume is a mistake.

probably YAs...may be it his loss leader?

This might be bubble talk but to all the people buying 100+ dimensions , make sure you are not left holding the hot potato. Merchandise in the video game industry are not produced like other lego items i.e. hundreds of thousands, they are produced in millions upon millions. If there showing up at 1 dollar stores, make money fast and don't get greedy, as there will be a crap load more inventory on the way.