• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TLKC said:

Can get a few green arrow limited polys 20 each - all in or walk away

Just now, Lego Templar said:

I'll buy one and cover shipping to the US

Heck, I'll buy a few, cover shipping to the US, and then anyone from the US that wants one that cost can get them from me.

I'm serious @TLKC - I think there's enough of us on here that would like to get one that I'll be the US distributor, :lol:

• Like 2

I often wonder since there is a strong dislike for Chima, how come those fun packs never get the deep discounts as we see on some others....

IE: Doc Brown, Cyber Man, Sensei Wu

Back in like march there was a Target Cart Wheel that had the 3 Chima sets and Lego movie sets at 70% off. They were the first to get heavily discounted.

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

Note the "up to" and the fact that they've lopped Dimensions in with Skylanders (discontinued) and Amiibo .... curious to see if Dimensions will get even close to 70% off.

Sale prices are up at Best Buy. Dimensions (current releases only) at 50% off. With the extra 20% GCU, I just finished out my brother's collection with a 60% discount. :) 

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Heck, I'll buy a few, cover shipping to the US, and then anyone from the US that wants one that cost can get them from me.

I'm serious @TLKC - I think there's enough of us on here that would like to get one that I'll be the US distributor, :lol:

My brother and I would each like one of those if there's enough to go around!

Man, this is how they suck me in!  I just bought all of this for $98 after taxes using the Gamer's Club discount and VISA checkout $10 off:

Xbox One Starter Pack

Simpsons Level Pack

Midway Arcade Level Pack

Dr. Who Level Pack

Scooby Doo Team Pack

Wizard of Oz Fun Pack

Stay Puft Fun Pack

Slimer Fun Pack

Cyborg Fun Pack

Ok, I'm new to Dimensions and the current Best Buy deal w/ GCU has peaked my interest.  I fully admit to being a bit lazy here and not going all the way through the thread to research this but.... what's the resell potential for these packs?  Are they issuing waves and once the current wave is done it is gone forever?  Does it make sense to buy them at the deep discount now with the intent to sell them down the road for a return?  Thanks in advance.

Ok, I'm new to Dimensions and the current Best Buy deal w/ GCU has peaked my interest.  I fully admit to being a bit lazy here and not going all the way through the thread to research this but.... what's the resell potential for these packs?  Are they issuing waves and once the current wave is done it is gone forever?  Does it make sense to buy them at the deep discount now with the intent to sell them down the road for a return?  Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't look at any video game as a investment. These won't work by end of 2018 (this portal board, characters have a 3 year life span) I will say the game is surprisingly good and fun to play (it's the only game my girlfriend knows what she's doing...) I have all current released fun,team,level packs. After its all said and done odds are I will display the mini figures (secondary value you to me) fun to play and collecting them...anything other than that? I doubt it.

That being said this game is getting bigger and bigger with each new IP they add they add new customers. If it gets VERY BIG there could be a resale market. As far as like series 1 (now 2) will 1 be available when 3s coming out? Highly unlikely....

22 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

I wouldn't look at any video game as a investment. These won't work by end of 2018 (this portal board, characters have a 3 year life span) I will say the game is surprisingly good and fun to play (it's the only game my girlfriend knows what she's doing...) I have all current released fun,team,level packs. After its all said and done odds are I will display the mini figures (secondary value you to me) fun to play and collecting them...anything other than that? I doubt it.

That being said this game is getting bigger and bigger with each new IP they add they add new customers. If it gets VERY BIG there could be a resale market. As far as like series 1 (now 2) will 1 be available when 3s coming out? Highly unlikely....

Thanks for the info.  I'm not thinking long term here.  I'm just considering that if a Midway or Simpson back retails at $30, and if I can pick them up for $12-13 with GCU, could $40 be a possible target once their wave is over, say for Xmas 2017.

1 minute ago, jaxman said:

Thanks for the info.  I'm not thinking long term here.  I'm just considering that if a Midway or Simpson back retails at $30, and if I can pick them up for $12-13 with GCU, could $40 be a possible target once their wave is over, say for Xmas 2017.

It really depends how long they continue to make these.  If you're going to invest, I like the level packs the most.  Any character from a theme can open the world, but only the level pack unlocks the linear level.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

It really depends how long they continue to make these.  If you're going to invest, I like the level packs the most.  Any character from a theme can open the world, but only the level pack unlocks the linear level.

Thanks.  I've got $15 in Best Buy rewards that expire in 8 days.  I'm going to roll the dice on a couple of these level packs.

• 4 weeks later...