What did you do today?

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

A week ago it was 11° here with a windchill of minus 5, today it was 66° and sunny. So I went kayaking and it was amazingly isolated. On the way home I hit up a Walgreens for 1 more 60% off 75298, and then home to rake leaves. 

914C5A6F-5307-487D-998D-A9DCE9D69304.jpeg

It reached 72 here after being -1 with -20 wind chill just a week ago. Crazy!

On 12/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, Thanos75 said:

Working on this. Almost there

16719201839823148350739256011554.jpg

I am sure you already know this, but just in case, you will be able to get everything to complete this next week except for the black torso which is only available used good for $20. The new CMF takes care of brown, the new CNY set has the purple helmet I think for the first time ever and the Blacktron GWP has the rest. 

On a side note, if I was going to the Lego store today looks like the new SC Nissan and the Birdhouse will make good flips. 

• 4 weeks later...

Our main TV died a couple of weeks ago when the power flickered a couple of times during a heavy storm. It was a ten year old 55" Panasonic Plasma, so it was already on its last legs. Going to pick up an 77" LG C2 OLED but have not been able to decide on a sound system. We don't currently have one.

I want a soundbar with Dolby Atmos and have narrowed it down to the LG S95QR system or the Sonos Arc system. Best Buy has the LG on sale at $1300 but if I buy it with the LG C2, there's an additional $300 discount, so $1000. The Sonos system is $2000. 

The LG is good but the Sonos is amazing. The LG will probably do fine since we don't have a current sound system, but if I'm already going to spend $1000, why not spend an additional $1000 for the Sonos and be super happy? We can afford it, so that's not an issue. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the extra grand. #firstworldproblems

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Our main TV died a couple of weeks ago when the power flickered a couple of times during a heavy storm. It was a ten year old 55" Panasonic Plasma, so it was already on its last legs. Going to pick up an 77" LG C2 OLED but have not been able to decide on a sound system. We don't currently have one.

I want a soundbar with Dolby Atmos and have narrowed it down to the LG S95QR system or the Sonos Arc system. Best Buy has the LG on sale at $1300 but if I buy it with the LG C2, there's an additional $300 discount, so $1000. The Sonos system is $2000. 

The LG is good but the Sonos is amazing. The LG will probably do fine since we don't have a current sound system, but if I'm already going to spend $1000, why not spend an additional $1000 for the Sonos and be super happy? We can afford it, so that's not an issue. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the extra grand. #firstworldproblems

I upgraded to Atmos last year and added two Atmos speakers to my 20 year old Cerwin Vegas. I’ve been going cheap on TV’s the past few years, since I can’t notice the difference. It still sounds amazing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

The C2s are phenomenal.  Since I picked up my first OLED I wont ever go back unless it's for a high failure rate area (garage).

I'm running the Sonos system and am very happy with it.  Have a couple Ones for the rear with Alexa built in so I can play music easily.  Only issue I have is Sonos may decide to EOL stuff at any point.  After the whole debacle they had a couple years ago I'm hesitant to buy more Sonos products.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Ha!  Our Panasonic 60” Plasma is still going strong!  Still have a 50” Pioneer Plasma in the bedroom going strong too.  Only downside there is it makes our room too hot during the summer.  If it ain’t broke, why fix/upgrade it.

I could try and talk you into full separate speakers with overhead Atmos but honestly if you think the Sonia and/or soundbar sound amazing go with that.  There’s always something better so just get what makes “you” happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scratchdesk said:

The C2s are phenomenal.  Since I picked up my first OLED I wont ever go back unless it's for a high failure rate area (garage).

I'm running the Sonos system and am very happy with it.  Have a couple Ones for the rear with Alexa built in so I can play music easily.  Only issue I have is Sonos may decide to EOL stuff at any point.  After the whole debacle they had a couple years ago I'm hesitant to buy more Sonos products.

This is the first time I've looked into sound systems in 10+ years. What was the debacle? Is it Sonos ending software updates for their older models?

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

This is the first time I've looked into sound systems in 10+ years. What was the debacle? Is it Sonos ending software updates for their older models?

They were going to brick a few of their older models. Basically giving the owner 20% off a replacement product and removing all functionality of the old device. Customer base lost their ****. But I don’t know what the final resolution was. 
side note. Saw adorama has the white arc for 20% off tonight. 

34 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

They were going to brick a few of their older models. Basically giving the owner 20% off a replacement product and removing all functionality of the old device. Customer base lost their ****. But I don’t know what the final resolution was. 
side note. Saw adorama has the white arc for 20% off tonight. 

Removing all functionality on old devices? Crazy. I'd go apesh*t too!

Just checked Adorama but didn't see any discounts on the arc except package deals where discounts are between $60-$100. 

8 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Removing all functionality on old devices? Crazy. I'd go apesh*t too!

Just checked Adorama but didn't see any discounts on the arc except package deals where discounts are between $60-$100. 

https://www.adorama.com/soarcg1us1.html?sdtid=16409791&emailprice=t&sterm=xe-SrmRhaxyNR7M2A6xuCwRTUkA1ZYRVy1y7zE0&utm_source=rflaid62905&utm_medium=affiliate

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Going to pick up an 77" LG C2 OLED but have not been able to decide on a sound system. We don't currently have one.

The C2 is freaking ridiculous.  Bought it over the holidays.  Playing PS5 on it is unreal...  Looked at Sonos Arc but honestly we opted to just save the money.  Our TV is in a room with only a wall on only one side, otherwise completely open and vaulted ceiling... Enjoy your setup!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oneknightr said:

We upgraded to this same system last fall (2022). LG C2 77” and Sonos surround setup (Arc, two One’s as surrounds, and the sub). I’ve had much, much more expensive home theater setups in the past (think Bowers & Wilkins speakers, Rotel and Denon amps and processors, high end cables, etc.), but this might just be my new favorite. You’re not going to get the quality of separate components, but it is awfully good. I’m a professional musician by trade, so sound is super important to me and I’m a very critical listener. The Sonos Arc, etc. provides and emersive sound field in three dimensions and excellent quality for music and film, all without wires (for the sub and surrounds), and with relatively easy setup, for about $2000. After living with it for a few months now it would be a no-brainer for me. I’d buy the exact same thing again in a heartbeat, including the LG C2. It’s also excellent. My previous TV was a Pioneer Kuro 50”. I’ve had it for about 13-15 years now and it’s still going strong as our living room TV. I love my Kuro, but the LG blows its picture out of the water. I waited all this time to upgrade because I never have liked the image quality/style of LCD or LED flat screens. To me, they have always looked too much like video, and not enought like film. Clean and clear, but not lifelike at all. The C2 OLED is a great combination of both realism and clarity. I love it and I love the Sonos Arc/One/Sub combo. For what it’s worth, I think the extra $1000 is small potatoes for the quality that the Arc system provides. My last receiver cost me over $4000 by itself, so $2k for the whole thing (minus the C2, of course), and it’s easy to set up, and it’s mostly wireless? Highly recommended!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Chormeister said:

We upgraded to this same system last fall (2022). LG C2 77” and Sonos surround setup (Arc, two One’s as surrounds, and the sub). I’ve had much, much more expensive home theater setups in the past (think Bowers & Wilkins speakers, Rotel and Denon amps and processors, high end cables, etc.), but this might just be my new favorite. You’re not going to get the quality of separate components, but it is awfully good. I’m a professional musician by trade, so sound is super important to me and I’m a very critical listener. The Sonos Arc, etc. provides and emersive sound field in three dimensions and excellent quality for music and film, all without wires (for the sub and surrounds), and with relatively easy setup, for about $2000. After living with it for a few months now it would be a no-brainer for me. I’d buy the exact same thing again in a heartbeat, including the LG C2. It’s also excellent. My previous TV was a Pioneer Kuro 50”. I’ve had it for about 13-15 years now and it’s still going strong as our living room TV. I love my Kuro, but the LG blows its picture out of the water. I waited all this time to upgrade because I never have liked the image quality/style of LCD or LED flat screens. To me, they have always looked too much like video, and not enought like film. Clean and clear, but not lifelike at all. The C2 OLED is a great combination of both realism and clarity. I love it and I love the Sonos Arc/One/Sub combo. For what it’s worth, I think the extra $1000 is small potatoes for the quality that the Arc system provides. My last receiver cost me over $4000 by itself, so $2k for the whole thing (minus the C2, of course), and it’s easy to set up, and it’s mostly wireless? Highly recommended!

Thanks for you opinion! I appreciate it. Last night while trying to fall asleep in bed, I decided to go with the Sonos Arc. haha

• Like 1

Just now, Chormeister said:

Sonos will sometimes put things on sale for 10-20% off on their website too if you keep an eye out for it. I want to say the Arc went on sale sometime before Christmas.

30 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Sometimes adorama will match a sale price on a different color. Or so I’ve heard. 

Thanks all, yea they had like a 20% off refurbished Arcs sometime around Black Friday or so that I missed out on...

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Thanks for you opinion! I appreciate it. Last night while trying to fall asleep in bed, I decided to go with the Sonos Arc. haha

I seriously don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Just keep in mind that there is a break-in period. At first (maybe the first month or two) the sound seemed a little “tight” to me, but now it has really opened up and I’m enjoying it a lot, especially the low end. Highs are clearer now too. Dialogue has always been clean and easy to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, scratchdesk said:

Thank you for the link! Was this a personalized offer/link? I ask because when I do a regular search on Adorama for the Sonos Arc in white, it shows the regular price of $900, but when I use your link, it's $700. 

I placed an order using your link and paid $700, but when I clicked the product link on my order confirmation email, it takes me to the product page with the $900 price. Very odd, so I'm hoping it ships.

7 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Thank you for the link! Was this a personalized offer/link? I ask because when I do a regular search on Adorama for the Sonos Arc in white, it shows the regular price of $900, but when I use your link, it's $700. 

I placed an order using your link and paid $700, but when I clicked the product link on my order confirmation email, it takes me to the product page with the $900 price. Very odd, so I'm hoping it ships.

It was on slickdeals. Enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scratchdesk said:

It was on slickdeals. Enjoy it!

I'm glad I didn't hesitate too much and bought it as the deal is expired and Adorama no longer has the white Arc in stock. Thanks again! 

Oh, and I received an email this morning saying my Arc has been packed and is ready for shipping. Woohoo!

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I'm glad I didn't hesitate too much and bought it as the deal is expired and Adorama no longer has the white Arc in stock. Thanks again! 

Oh, and I received an email this morning saying my Arc has been packed and is ready for shipping. Woohoo!

It was actually very quick as I clicked the link not longer after it was posted and poof!  So well done on the quick trigger. Keep us all posted how you like the sound once you have it installed and time to test out.

We are also in the market for an Arc to go along with our two 1's and a single 5.  So I was looking to get the black one to match the others. 

Now to keep my nose to the ground for any upcoming discounts...

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...