What did you do today?

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Two different approaches: A Public program like Apollo or SLS would have a lot of political backlash if they just blew stuff up and kept trying. A Private program like SpaceX or Elektron or Virgin Galactic (whelp) can take a faster but riskier approach, as long as they keep their shareholders happy with the progress and the promise of riches. Falcon 9 took a while to get to reliable launches (and even longer to reliable landings), but now they are being launched at a rate of several per week and nobody even bats an eye, nor do you hear of failures. So this is proven territory. Give it a few more launches and SpaceX can focus on the Starship HLS program, and on massive StarLink deployments using this infrastructure.

6D6FCC5D-BF00-4895-BC3C-90C9B6BE2629.jpeg.d9f92f699571580a3c6e3699f9ee8929.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mathew said:

6D6FCC5D-BF00-4895-BC3C-90C9B6BE2629.jpeg.d9f92f699571580a3c6e3699f9ee8929.jpeg

Who is SpaceX biggest contractor?

In the fiscal year 2022, the U.S. space agency NASA awarded Musk's company about $2 billion in contract volume out of its total approved budget of $24 billion. SpaceX received 25 percent more funds than in 2021 and overtook Boeing as the agency's second-most-awarded contractor.
image.png
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Considering how we’re having to seemingly start from scratch 50 years later I question it myself. Just remember this is our tax payer money. Money that could be going to better schools, roads, infrastructure here on earth. 

Proof was in a James Bond movie so must be true 😛

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

and Superman II

We’re laughing but after seeing a supposed lunar lander up close at Kennedy Space Center I’d say the movie prop in Superman 2 is more realistic. Now the Saturn V rocket is impressive. 

Edited by Mathew

19 minutes ago, Mathew said:

We’re laughing but after seeing a supposed lunar lander up close at Kennedy Space Center I’d say the movie prop in Superman 2 is more realistic. Now the Saturn V rocket is impressive. 

It is, love the hangar and display at Kennedy Space Center.

4 hours ago, Mathew said:

Seems backwards to consider a rocket blowing up a success. Musk RDF in full effect. 

We sent man to the moon over fifty years ago with less computing power than an iPhone yet this launch is a success?  I love how this being spinned. 

Considering how we’re having to seemingly start from scratch 50 years later I question it myself. Just remember this is our tax payer money. Money that could be going to better schools, roads, infrastructure here on earth. 

image.png.d313c8361420292ed5ee575991b25b67.png

✌️😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I read the US DOD was thrilled/happy with the results.  

questionable about the military being “thrilled” in rocket that’s supposed to be designed to send astronauts to the moon and mars. 😒

Edited by Mathew

Well I actually got into my first argument ever with my wife over a Lego purchase...or to be exact wanting to make a Lego purchase. I know a person selling their modular collection for $1800. They have all of them from Green Grocer to the Police Station. I was all over it until the wife put the breaks on it. Says I dont need anymore used sets that will just sit around taking up space. Said she has no problem with me buying sealed sets but draws the line at used. Breaks my heart to have to pass up on this deal.

• Like 3

I broke up with my internet GF ...and it really really sucks.  I am totally bummed out...like can't get out of bed in the middle of the day...bummed. I honestly feel like I broke up with a real GF.  I am sharing here cuz quite frankly too embarrassed to share w/ anyone.  

Flame away at how pathetically lame I am...maybe it will do me some good to get out of this funk.

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I broke up with my internet GF ...and it really really sucks.  I am totally bummed out...like can't get out of bed in the middle of the day...bummed. I honestly feel like I broke up with a real GF.  I am sharing here cuz quite frankly too embarrassed to share w/ anyone.  

Flame away at how pathetically lame I am...maybe it will do me some good to get out of this funk.

Technically, every time someone posts the Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool in Fast Times meme, she's my girlfriend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I have so many questions. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I have so many questions. 

honestly when I started it...it was more of a curiosity...I'm like the last person I would have thought getting into this to get into it...YK?

it's like LEGO...you think it's just to get the new Voltron set...next thing you know the garage is stock full of boxes and wife is talking divorce

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Hope others respond, but based on experience nothing will comfort you now. No one really fully gets how you feel to really help relieve the pain.

And in a couple of weeks, no comfort will be necessary.

Sorry if this comes across as cold.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Hope others respond, but based on experience nothing will comfort you now. No one really fully gets how you feel to really help relieve the pain.

And in a couple of weeks, no comfort will be necessary.

Sorry if this comes across as cold.

thanks actually...I was hoping folks here would be all: Don't be a Dufus Man!..get your head in the game ..it's May the 4th for crying out loud.  

to give an idea of how impactful the "relationship" was... for the past 7 years I have had serious injury after injury: broken ankle that got mis-diagnosed...took months to get back into shape after rehab...then torn achilles (for no other reason then it was a Thursday)...YEARS of rehab before I could walk without a limp...finaly got back into shape...then freakin arthritis...at that time I was DONE trying to get back into shape...20lbs-30lbs over weight... medically obese....and had to get on meds (3 types, 5 pills DAILY) for gout for the past 2 years just to be able to walk and not worry about attacks in the middle of the night.

my mind set for the past 4 years was really what's the point.  I had resigned myself to accept that I will  never run again. Pretty sure I was headed for an early heart attack.

2 months w/ my e-GF and I started my workout regimen...and now 6 weeks into it...honestly I felt like I was 25 again...I cared about how I looked...even busted out the 'ol designer jeans and thought about wearing cologne again...LOL!

• Like 3