What did you do today?

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

I could have made well over $15k selling my 6 tickets. 

Why didn’t you?  What kind of Bizzaro world is this?  Taylor Swift?  I’m out of touch with things but she seems to be the female equivalent of Justin Beaver. 

5 hours ago, Mathew said:

Why didn’t you?  What kind of Bizzaro world is this?  Taylor Swift?  I’m out of touch with things but she seems to be the female equivalent of Justin Beaver. 

Honestly agree. I work with numerous young women who at one point will complain about being saddled with student debt, but then a decent portion spent $1500+ to go to the concert. I realize the same could easily be said for buying LEGO, but I tend to think we typically don’t spend beyond our means (at least I don’t).

On 7/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, exciter1 said:

I'll just say it cost 300 million to make and you can see it on the screen. The set pieces and CGI are excellent.

I just saw it with my wife. Far from amazing, but also far from the dumpster fire it was being paraded as.

• Like 1

Same.  Saw this today and while I was concerned near the beginning when the CGI looked really goofy and noticeably bad, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.  Lots of adventuring.  Who knew that tuk-tuk’s were so resilient?!  🙂

Edited by Brick_Dude
  • Like 1

Just got back from seeing it and I really liked it.  I've been purposefully avoiding reading anything having to do with the movie so had no preconceptions.  I thought it was definitely better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but obviously not as good as the originals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spener90 said:

Honestly agree. I work with numerous young women who at one point will complain about being saddled with student debt, but then a decent portion spent $1500+ to go to the concert. I realize the same could easily be said for buying LEGO, but I tend to think we typically don’t spend beyond our means (at least I don’t).

Edited by Gonkalin

On 7/1/2023 at 2:46 PM, exciter1 said:

I don’t understand all the fuss, I thought the new Indiana Jones was a great time and pretty excellent.

Just came back from seeing DoD. Went in with low expectations and I overall liked it. Definitely not the character assassination that the naysayers have been saying. At least nothing as bad as what they did to Luke in TLJ. Phoebe was actually not bad in her role. It was paced decently and nice cinematography. Ford gave a better than average performance too. Negatives: The plot is stretched thin and the movie gets more derivative as it goes along. "Now this is pod racing...Spinning, that's a good trick!" came to mind when Teddy takes to being a pilot. I'm pretty sure they reshot the ending too. Feels a little too pat....but it works and I actually had to hold back some tears. Solid 3.5 stars out of five for me. Best of the Disney Lucasfilm sequels.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mathew said:

Just came back from seeing DoD. Went in with low expectations and I overall liked it. Definitely not the character assassination that the naysayers have been saying. At least nothing as bad as what they did to Luke in TLJ. Phoebe was actually not bad in her role. It was paced decently and nice cinematography. Ford gave a better than average performance too. Negatives: The plot is stretched thin and the movie gets more derivative as it goes along. "Now this is pod racing...Spinning, that's a good trick!" came to mind when Teddy takes to being a pilot. I'm pretty sure they reshot the ending too. Feels a little too pat....but it works and I actually had to hold back some tears. Solid 3.5 stars out of five for me. Best of the Disney Lucasfilm sequels.

That's my thoughts for the most part.  I personally really liked the movie.  I can't stand going on youtube and seeing all the negative nancy trolls that live deep in moms basement spouting their "disney is woke", "Harrison Fords legacy is ruined", "Kathleen Kennedy - ad nausum" reviews.  I swear some of these content creators are just super negative all the time, and dont have a grasp on reality, and they probably also have never been with a woman.  

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, fossilrock said:

That's my thoughts for the most part.  I personally really liked the movie.  I can't stand going on youtube and seeing all the negative nancy trolls that live deep in moms basement spouting their "disney is woke", "Harrison Fords legacy is ruined", "Kathleen Kennedy - ad nausum" reviews.  I swear some of these content creators are just super negative all the time, and dont have a grasp on reality, and they probably also have never been with a woman.  

With all that said I don’t think the online naysayers have a lot to do with the low box office numbers. While I thought Phoebe Waller-Bridge was ok they should have hired someone with star power. She just isn’t likable or well known enough to get people into theaters. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mathew said:

With all that said I don’t think the online naysayers have a lot to do with the low box office numbers. While I thought Phoebe Waller-Bridge was ok they should have hired someone with star power. She just isn’t likable or well known enough to get people into theaters. 

I agree, I don't understand the casting of Phoebe Waller-Bridge at all. I'm also very happy the online rumors about her leading Indiana around and taking over his role in the series were false.  She ended up being a typical side character and somewhat redeeming in the end.

Current rumors is that she has something to do with the reboot of Tomb Raider. There is no way I could see her as a Lara Croft type leading character. She was very clumsy and unathletic in DoD, so I hope these are just rumors.

I also hope they fix Harrison's deep fake voice for the home release of DoD.  It sounded really weird using his current voice on the old Indy face.

Just saw DoD with my son last night. Overall I really liked it and was thoroughly entertained. I don’t get overly critical with all these things and just want to have a good time. That I did. I personally really liked ending too. I’m a sucker for nostalgia, thus why I enjoyed the RoS for the parts where they called back to other films. (So glad chewy got his medal )!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a walkthrough of the new LEGO sets for 2024 at Toy Fair today.  There’s a lot of very cool stuff coming next year, but I can’t disclose any details on any specific sets yet.  However, there is a VERY heavy focus on space-themed sets and a lot more interchangeability across themes like City sets that play well with Speed Champions sets.  If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would post some of what I can show from the show, but it’s nothing that you haven’t seen before.

3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I was trying to break 2 hours today but didn’t have it in me. My mind said let’s go but my legs were done. Amazing how the athletes in Chicago did double the distance in the same time. I am striving to do Boston 2024 in 4 hours. 

IMG_3621.thumb.jpeg.c6b0144a090702e59ffd3c0633578613.jpeg

Can't get much closer, great job!

• Like 1