What did you do today?

13 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I'm not a big gamer. I have a PS4 and I mainly only play two games. God of War and Batman, but mainly God of War. Should I give Horizons Zero Dawn a try?

If you like GOW you will love HZD.Start with first one obviously,  it should  comes with the expansion kit ( frozen wild ). The gameplay, missions, side quests, enemies and story line are top notch. High end of RPG if you ask me .

also I’m a sucker for dystopian worlds. Future boy Conan and the great tide are big favorites of mine 

• Thanks 1

I installed 32 GB of RAM onto my ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 laptop that I bought in November. The hardest part? Unscrewing the laptop screws AND the hidden screws behind some rubber. I miss the days when you could easily remove a laptop battery and insert memory chips. Remember when laptops didn't solder their memory and hide the expansion slots inside?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Like 4

I installed 32 GB of RAM onto my ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 laptop that I bought in November. The hardest part? Unscrewing the laptop screws AND the hidden screws behind some rubber. I miss the days when you could easily remove a laptop battery and insert memory chips. Remember when laptops didn't solder their memory and hide the expansion slots inside?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.
You didn't do it right if you didn't have at least a screw left after you were done ...

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, exciter1 said:

DE1EE568-F108-4850-93B8-F944AA030F3C.jpeg

F9322656-0FF8-4225-BE6A-9B1EBBCB2731.jpeg

B3961F4E-CF37-4894-80F4-4FA2BA9ED0CB.jpeg

4D504514-E1B0-477A-87F5-BA18C7C6E399.jpeg

That looks amazing!  A couple weeks ago I went to the Iowa Orchestra who played for John William's 90th birthday a bunch of his movie tunes.  There was a screen but sadly a static image for each song and no videos from the actual movies.  Probably have to pay for licensing to be able to show that.  I'm glad there are still places where you can have these types of experiences!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

That looks amazing!  A couple weeks ago I went to the Iowa Orchestra who played for John William's 90th birthday a bunch of his movie tunes.  There was a screen but sadly a static image for each song and no videos from the actual movies.  Probably have to pay for licensing to be able to show that.  I'm glad there are still places where you can have these types of experiences!

It was an amazing sound system. The movie special effects/dialogue sounded amazing along with the live orchestra.

Raining all day and freezing here so I thought I’d do some inventory while the kids watched a movie. My son is only 6 and hasn’t shown any interest in Star Wars, so I thought I’d build a copy of 75142 to take pictures and sell. Well, that didn’t quite work out. He came into the room about six times asking to play with it and to “help you sell it, daddy.” The last time he brought his Christmas money-$15 and said he’d buy it. And started crying saying he knew it wasn’t enough. I gave it to him on the spot, little bogger. Will be doing inventory after bed time in the future.

9f2c2cde563ea32392bd4a59a3ef461e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Graphicski said:

I took my other half to see empire strikes back in London with live orchestra. Was amazing, both the live music and a chance to see it on a big screen. Royal Albert Hall has the return of the Jedi later this year.

We’re going to keep our eyes open for an ESB performance sometime in the future.

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Raining all day and freezing here so I thought I’d do some inventory while the kids watched a movie. My son is only 6 and hasn’t shown any interest in Star Wars, so I thought I’d build a copy of 75142 to take pictures and sell. Well, that didn’t quite work out. He came into the room about six times asking to play with it and to “help you sell it, daddy.” The last time he brought his Christmas money-$15 and said he’d buy it. And started crying saying he knew it wasn’t enough. I gave it to him on the spot, little bogger. Will be doing inventory after bed time in the future.

Yesterday I put my 5 year-old daughter to work helping me load lego sets into storage boxes. We'd been butting heads all week, but somehow the prospect of helping me was like some kind of reward?? I mean, sure she got to open a Disney Doorable I picked up on clearance after each box we loaded, but it was fun to get her involved. She calls our basement Dad's Discount Toy store.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Graphicski said:

I took my other half to see empire strikes back in London with live orchestra. Was amazing, both the live music and a chance to see it on a big screen. Royal Albert Hall has the return of the Jedi later this year.

I saw this in Nassau Coliseum with my kids and it was so great! Very memorable and immersive experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

I saw this in Nassau Coliseum with my kids and it was so great! Very memorable and immersive experience

Royal Albert Hall does a few films a year. Working their way through poxy Harry Potter films. Gutted I missed out on Aliens, gladiator and jurrasic Park - all would have been awesome on a big screen let alone with orchestra .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Graphicski said:

Royal Albert Hall does a few films a year. Working their way through poxy Harry Potter films. Gutted I missed out on Aliens, gladiator and jurrasic Park - all would have been awesome on a big screen let alone with orchestra .

Was at the Royal Festival Hall a couple of years back where they showed The Great Escape with Peter Bernstein (the composers son) conducting the BBC Concert Orchestra. And yes they played the theme tune as an encore. A fantastic evening. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

After 3 1/2 months of living in Orlando, dealing with hockey, regular life, unpacking, etc. And then trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to do with my man cave/office space, I finally started on the proof of concept.

97d7f49c24b80a86ea72088215301048.jpg

Will replicate that on the left (need to buy another Besta cabinet at IKEA). I want to put shelves and doors on the bottom storage.

Not quite sure how I’m going to do the stuff above the shelf yet.

The bottom will be for storage and unfinished projects. The shelf will be for the LEGO city, and then display shelves (?) will be above the city.

Can't believe its been over 3 months already...seems like yesterday you were trying to get a Uhaul.

That's a great space you've got planned for LEGO.

Have you considered something less conventional; maybe tiers of desktop/shelfing that will support a super rollercoaster MOC up and thru a LEGO city?

29 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Just got back from our 15-yr anniversary vacation that was supposed to happen in 2020 but got delayed a few times due to the 'vid. We went on a 14-night Disney Panama Canal cruise which departed from New Orleans. We spent five days in New Orleans beforehand to attend Mardi Gras and had a blast. We took the kids to Bourbon Street and it was an eye-opening experience for them. LOL. It was our first time at Mardi Gras, and all the good and bad stuff that you hear about Bourbon Street are true! Outside of Bourbon Street, the French Quarter is a beautiful place to visit. We'll have to go back and check out the Garden District and other places next time. We ate at Top Chef Isaac Toups' Meatery and other great restaurants out there. 

The cruise was amazing. The Panama Canal is an engineering marvel. We also had stops at Cozumel, Cartagena, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. The Grand Cayman port visit was unfortunately cancelled due to their tight COVID restrictions. There was one thing I saw while we were in Gatun Lake in the Panama Canal that made me think of you guys. I saw a Maersk container ship that reminded me of set 10241. Excuse the bed head as it was around 8am when we got through the first locks and into Gatun Lake. 

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great trip!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Just got back from our 15-yr anniversary vacation that was supposed to happen in 2020 but got delayed a few times due to the 'vid. We went on a 14-night Disney Panama Canal cruise which departed from New Orleans. We spent five days in New Orleans beforehand to attend Mardi Gras and had a blast. We took the kids to Bourbon Street and it was an eye-opening experience for them. LOL. It was our first time at Mardi Gras, and all the good and bad stuff that you hear about Bourbon Street are true! Outside of Bourbon Street, the French Quarter is a beautiful place to visit. We'll have to go back and check out the Garden District and other places next time. We ate at Top Chef Isaac Toups' Meatery and other great restaurants out there. 

The cruise was amazing. The Panama Canal is an engineering marvel. We also had stops at Cozumel, Cartagena, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. The Grand Cayman port visit was unfortunately cancelled due to their tight COVID restrictions. There was one thing I saw while we were in Gatun Lake in the Panama Canal that made me think of you guys. I saw a Maersk container ship that reminded me of set 10241. Excuse the bed head as it was around 8am when we got through the first locks and into Gatun Lake. 

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

Awesome trip, sounds like we were in New Orleans at the same time, we got there just after Mardi Gras and stayed a few nights.  My kids were not quite prepared for everything they experienced there.

3 hours ago, zaphoid said:

Awesome trip, sounds like we were in New Orleans at the same time, we got there just after Mardi Gras and stayed a few nights.  My kids were not quite prepared for everything they experienced there.

How old are your kids? My daughter is 14 and my son is 9. She was trying to pull me away from the debauchery while my son was busy catching beads. :lol:

20 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

How old are your kids? My daughter is 14 and my son is 9. She was trying to pull me away from the debauchery while my son was busy catching beads. :lol:

my girl is 14 and boy is 12, my boy was pretty disgusted at times by some of the odors in the French Quarter.  Neither one of them could believe the amount of trash on Bourbon St in the morning.

56 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

my girl is 14 and boy is 12, my boy was pretty disgusted at times by some of the odors in the French Quarter.  Neither one of them could believe the amount of trash on Bourbon St in the morning.

My Son and I were there in September, definitely caught some nasty trash odors down there.