What did you do today?

Interesting discussion.
My son refused to sleep. Sleep training didn't rrally help because although he would go to sleep within 15-30 minutes, he would never stay asleep. His best game was waking up at 10/12/2/4/630, (royal flush?)
Thirty five months later, he finally slept through the night and we jokingly assumed he died. (:

Now, except when he has a cold, he sleeps through the night or at least until 4/5am and we can coax him back to sleep until I wake up

I always assumed that he had trouble sleeping because he was dreaming of my Lego.

What's the solution for when my second child is born? I don't know if I can take another three years of little sleep

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

Interesting discussion.
My son refused to sleep. Sleep training didn't rrally help because although he would go to sleep within 15-30 minutes, he would never stay asleep. His best game was waking up at 10/12/2/4/630, (royal flush?)
Thirty five months later, he finally slept through the night and we jokingly assumed he died. (:

Now, except when he has a cold, he sleeps through the night or at least until 4/5am and we can coax him back to sleep until I wake up

I always assumed that he had trouble sleeping because he was dreaming of my Lego.

What's the solution for when my second child is born? I don't know if I can take another three years of little sleep

Yay LEGO!

Each kid is different. Hopefully number two won’t be wired exactly the same. Try again with the sleep training when they are old enough and you could have better results this time.

kids are all different.  we tried the crying method, but he would cry so much he'd end up throwing up....  i ended up having to hold him for about a half hour until he fell asleep, and then he slept through the night.  it wasn't until he could walk that we got him to get into his bed and go to sleep naturally.

12 minutes ago, JonathanTB said:

kids are all different.  

truer word were never typed...

And it has been my experience that for any trait perceived as a positive there is a negative associated...and vice-versa.  for example; Heard more than a few stories of how so and so baby was "such a good baby" ...so mellow rarely cried etc., later the parents found out the child was too mellow and would not alert them to health problems...my boy's "super power" as a baby was that he never choked on anything he ate...we thought was a good thing until he became older and now dysons his food; barely chews.

parenting is yin/yang 

44 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Daughter just wouldn’t stop while I was changing her. I’d put one on, and it would be instantly soaked. Over and over.

reminds me of the time...

so as parents we're always looking to get diaper deals (Costco, Target, etc) to maximize the cost per poop..ANYWAY, one time while traveling we were caught without a spare and had to purchase the Individually packaged for retail at a 7/11...I think it was like $7...(I know so what)....any way we had to get it because we had no spares or backups...during the rest of the day we were just banking on not needing it till we got to our regular stash...all the time thinking.."well we have some old t-shirts we could jerry rig instead".  Well we ended up not needing it and still have the unopened package to this day...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Kind of anticlimatic, TBH.  My story involves ninja-like reflexes and wiping the wall to the side of the changing station

Yeah it’s not that exciting. I think it’s more of the quaint “first kid, three months old, clumsy dad, in the dark, middle of the night” type of story. My wife thinks it’s hilarious tho.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Placed a fraud alert with experian. Had someone successfully open a wells fargo bank account and try to open a merril lynch account with my ss#. Wells fargo didnt catch them, I noticed it myself when I logged in. Merril lynch called me. 

I had to do the same earlier in the year. Someone tried to claim child tax credits with my SSN. Now I have to see if I get a tax form I have to fight at the end of the year.

29 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Placed a fraud alert with experian. Had someone successfully open a wells fargo bank account and try to open a merril lynch account with my ss#. Wells fargo didnt catch them, I noticed it myself when I logged in. Merril lynch called me. 

Something similar happened to me within the last few weeks. I got several letters over a week saying "Sorry we were unable to open an account with your online application..." from different banks. Thankfully, none were successfully opened. I put a credit freeze for all three credit agencies right away for both me and my wife. 

My neighbor across the street wasn't so lucky. She got hit with new credit cards being opened in her name and then used for fraud. 

• Sad 1

I got my CV vaccine booster today.  Had the Pfizer; opted for the "mix" and got the Moderna booster which is apparently 1/2 the original vaccine dose.  I was told Pfizer booster was still the full original  Pfizer dose.  Seems consistent w/ my understanding that the original moderna was about 3x the original Pfizer dose.  Kids 12 and under get half the original Pfizer dose in a small needle.

arm felt sore immediately after getting shot (moreso than i remember the Pfizer shots); its been about 5 hours and no symptoms yet other than being a bit drowsy and low energy...but that's likely my typical nap time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I got my CV vaccine booster today.  Had the Pfizer; opted for the "mix" and got the Moderna booster which is apparently 1/2 the original vaccine dose.  I was told Pfizer booster was still the full original  Pfizer dose.  Seems consistent w/ my understanding that the original moderna was about 3x the original Pfizer dose.  Kids 12 and under get half the original Pfizer dose in a small needle.

arm felt sore immediately after getting shot (moreso than i remember the Pfizer shots); its been about 5 hours and no symptoms yet other than being a bit drowsy and low energy...but that's likely my typical nap time.

Got mine over a week ago, just a sore arm. 3 jabs in on Moderna