What did you do today?

3 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I live down here. They had a great trash company that would spray cleaner that smelled good and the quarter was nice. Then they changed mayor's and the city didn't want to pay for it anymore so now the quarter is back to how it was.

I hope the recent tornado didn't impact you at all. 

The amount of garbage after the parades, etc. is crazy. I remember the morning after, Canal street had three big trucks that sprayed water and washed the streets. 

15 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My Son and I were there in September, definitely caught some nasty trash odors down there.

From my few Bourbon Street experiences, unfortunately, there is more to those odors than just trash.👃

I was there for a brother's bachelor party during mardi gra 2011.  We stayed at the condo atop the Jaxon brewery across from Jackson square. That place was 5 star accommodations! Hot Tub, rooftop pool, panoramic views of the M.River, it was beautiful!   Meals at Coop's place and late night trips to Cafe du Monde were incredible.

We recently got word the condo is no longer there.  One of the past few storms wiped the entire condo off the Jaxon Brewery rooftop🤯

14 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I live down here. They had a great trash company that would spray cleaner that smelled good and the quarter was nice. Then they changed mayor's and the city didn't want to pay for it anymore so now the quarter is back to how it was.

Thats too bad, sounds like it was a great idea. 

7.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

20.jpg

39.jpg

• Like 2

I am getting drunk, listening to music and remembering my brother-in-law who lost his fight to bowel cancer at the weekend. My sister and I lost our own father at 11 and 9 and her kids are 12 and 8... a repeat in history we could have done without! Enjoy your family and enjoy every second x

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 12

14 minutes ago, mikeyreliable said:

I am getting drunk, listening to music and remembering my brother-in-law who lost his fight to bowel cancer at the weekend. My sister and I lost our own father at 11 and 9 and her kids are 12 and 8... a repeat in history we could have done without! Enjoy your family and enjoy every second x

So sorry for your loss Mike. 

• Thanks 1

Be careful of those built in AC units dripping condensate. My father in law’s condensation waste water line clogged regularly and the resulting water damage cost him an entire standing bookshelf of memorabilia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos75 said:

It's not a regular AC unit. It's a Minisplit unit. So all you see inside is the blower and vent.

The blower is where it will leak from. Trust me, it's an issue with mini split units. You should be fine so long as you do regular maintenance, but I still wouldn't put anything of value directly underneath it.   https://www.hvachowto.com/how-to-fix-a-leaking-mini-split-air-conditioner/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

The blower is where it will leak from. Trust me, it's an issue with mini split units. You should be fine so long as you do regular maintenance, but I still wouldn't put anything of value directly underneath it.   https://www.hvachowto.com/how-to-fix-a-leaking-mini-split-air-conditioner/

Confirmed. My drain got clogged and I could have invited the kids out for a swim on the floor.  
Even unclogged, I find it will still condense on the outside lip of the vents on a humid day and drip on the ground below. 
Unfortunately, they don’t make them easy to service to keep the drain cleaned — lots of stuff to remove to get to the drain pan under the condenser.   I doubt many people bother. 

You guys put the fear in me and I had the installer come visit. He said it's possible but with regular maintenance it shouldn't be an issue. When he installed it he put a tee in the drain line and a coupling where the drain connects for easy clean out. I now have it added to the monthly maintenance list.

Edited by Thanos75
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, TANV said:

So, I got fired at noon yesterday. Less than 3 hours later, I received a job offer from a firm that I had turned down in the fall. They gave me a higher salary and earlier today, I renegotiated for a higher signing bonus and increased PTO. I signed and sent it off a few hours ago and filled out the background information. So needless to say, things are working out and I'll be starting mid-August. Now I just need to find a way to actually log onto NYS Department of Labor Website to file for unemployment somehow...

Congrats to Even Steven!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TANV said:

So, I got fired at noon yesterday. Less than 3 hours later, I received a job offer from a firm that I had turned down in the fall. They gave me a higher salary and earlier today, I renegotiated for a higher signing bonus and increased PTO. I signed and sent it off a few hours ago and filled out the background information. So needless to say, things are working out and I'll be starting mid-August. Now I just need to find a way to actually log onto NYS Department of Labor Website to file for unemployment somehow...

You know sometimes things happen and it will sort itself out. I was not happy at my previous company and actually got an offer from my current company but I declined since I wasn't keen on moving from a perm to contract. A year later there was a large restructuring at my current employer and I got a much better offer after they started a large hiring drive. 

Good luck with your new position! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coelian said:

You know sometimes things happen and it will sort itself out. I was not happy at my previous company and actually got an offer from my current company but I declined since I wasn't keen on moving from a perm to contract. A year later there was a large restructuring at my current employer and I got a much better offer after they started a large hiring drive. 

Good luck with your new position! 

Yeah, I agree. The job was at first exciting for me then it turned into a slog. I was subject to constant criticism, overloaded work, and despite efforts made to improve, it was never good enough. Also, I realized that I started suffering from depression, anxiety, and dread during the last two months at the job. I was losing weight, lack of sleep, and my nerves were frayed a lot at home. At one point, I somehow cried myself to sleep one night. So, I determined it was necessary to get out.

I'd never really undergone depression before in my life until this job. Everyone has bad days and some days are blah but months of dread, anxiety, and weeks of not wanting to go to work because you hate your job? Yeah, that was a new one.

I reached out to the firm that had offered me a job and it ended up working out in the end. No regrets.

• Like 1