What did you do today?

Last summer I built a castle MOC that covered 6 baseplates. It was my most ambitious project to date and I acquired a lot of new parts for it. I had a lot of fun building but eventually lost interest - it was going to take another significant round of investment and more space to keep it progressing, so I got it to a "good enough" stage and stopped. Anyway, I spent at least 8 hours yesterday and today finally breaking the thing down, sorting all the parts, and figuring out new storage for all the addition parts. I have some Akro Mills containers I use for my BL store, but these are harder to find at a good price right now, so I got a few Craftsman small parts containers from Lowes and am very happy with them. But man, breaking it all down sure felt like work, whew! 

• Like 2

My 9 year old wanted to play video games so I said sure let's do 1k air squats thinking he will decline. He said yes and we each did 500 squats, I'm still aching now...

Its my first workout after catching covid 9 days ago but feels good to be able to push myself. I refrained from training as I felt I was stuck at 90 and not 100% the past week. I'm pretty sure my booster helped somewhat, I was talking to a friend and he told me he's still 60% after 2 weeks. He's not boosted. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coelian said:

My 9 year old wanted to play video games so I said sure let's do 1k air squats thinking he will decline. He said yes and we each did 500 squats, I'm still aching now...

Its my first workout after catching covid 9 days ago but feels good to be able to push myself. I refrained from training as I felt I was stuck at 90 and not 100% the past week. I'm pretty sure my booster helped somewhat, I was talking to a friend and he told me he's still 60% after 2 weeks. He's not boosted. 

My trainer had me not exercise after getting Covid For two weeks. Some pretty good information showing good exercise is not helpful with recovery. Which is pretty crazy because usually when I get a cold or something exercising soon as I feel up to it really helps.

8 hours ago, coelian said:

Wait, were the air squats done before the video games or instead of the video games? Now I'm curious what the game was, my guess:

prank-pack-extreme-chores-prank-gift-box-640x533.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, House Schubert said:

My trainer had me not exercise after getting Covid For two weeks. Some pretty good information showing good exercise is not helpful with recovery. Which is pretty crazy because usually when I get a cold or something exercising soon as I feel up to it really helps.

I had a fever for a day then was fine after that, like I said I was 90% for many days prior (slight stuffy nose) and I waited until I felt completely OK before I restarted. 

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

Wait, were the air squats done before the video games or instead of the video games? Now I'm curious what the game was, my guess:

prank-pack-extreme-chores-prank-gift-box-640x533.jpg

It was done before gaming of course, we played and hour and a half of switch after that. I'm hurting lots today even after lots of stretching and massage gun use. Lol

• Like 1

i got covid few weeks back..  went to work for a few days, didn't feel right so got tested on the 3rd day of not feeling well and was positive.  didn't feel that bad except for a low fever(100 and less usually) and sore throat.  got better after a few days.   kicker is i still went to work, never missed a day.  wore a mask every day, as most do at my work anyway.  nobody at work got covid, my family didn't catch it, even though i cooked all their food and ate with them and hung out as normal.

very odd, makes me believe that its not as transmittable as you think as long as you wash your hands and keep your distance/be careful.  

i had my second covid dose nearly a year ago, no booster yet.  so hopefully just lucky and healthy :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coelian said:

I'm surprised you could go to work with covid. Me and my daughter pretty much stayed in the covid (daughters) room most of the time. Thankfully no one else got it. I highly suspect my son already had it at some point. 

i needed to work, so I didn't tell anybody at work, nor school.

I imagine there are a lot of people that are doing the same, sending their kids to school, etc... we gotta live our lives and being out of work for 10 days just doesn't work. i've had strep throat that was worse than my covid lol

11 hours ago, JonathanTB said:

i needed to work, so I didn't tell anybody at work, nor school.

I imagine there are a lot of people that are doing the same, sending their kids to school, etc... we gotta live our lives and being out of work for 10 days just doesn't work. i've had strep throat that was worse than my covid lol

If you cannot wfh or get paid time off, for sure people will do that. Hopefully no new variant that is more serious comes up, I'm hopeful we are seeing the end of this pandemic. 

I'm surprised you could go to work with covid. Me and my daughter pretty much stayed in the covid (daughters) room most of the time. Thankfully no one else got it. I highly suspect my son already had it at some point. 
Someone close to me works at a federally funded hospital. Workers there are (officially) required to have the shot. When they test positive they get 5 days off, then go back to work. They currently have 125 employees working that are COVID-positive, seeing sick patients all day. Employees that choose not to get the shot and test negative cannot (officially) work there.
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-positive-nurses-hospitals-bidens-100122169.html

I don't know what to think anymore.  Seeing "reports" how cancer rates are increasing, blaming the shot.  Media just blows everything out of proportion either way, just can't trust anything anymore.  That's why i said **** it and went to work and am not letting Covid rumors and misinformation (true or not) control my life anymore.  2 years of this buillshit is just ridiculous

13 hours ago, coelian said:

I'm hopeful we are seeing the end of this pandemic. 

The main story over. People just cannot see it yet. The majority of people will need to be "informed" its over by their media preference in order to believe it. For some reason most humans cannot see reality with their own eyes. 

Biden will suddenly and very soon lift the mask mandate. This will be his "mission accomplished" moment. 

• Like 2