75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

31 minutes ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

So its officially up on LEGO Shop at Home now as "coming soon"... Assume that "warning choking hazard" is a direct reference to re-sellers choking on their tears.

10188 owners can probably give a good review for potential buyers :(

Untitled.jpg

I'm more offended that they are the audacity to put new on the tag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kumas said:

it is priced at 555€ in my country ...

Yes, when i saw that 14.999CZK price tag, I was shocked. I expected a lot less. It will be even more terrible, when czech national bank stops intervening on currency, so the FX rate for EUR/CZK will return back to its natural level, so it will be precisely 600EUR...

9 hours ago, Hennessy said:

Yes, when i saw that 14.999CZK price tag, I was shocked. I expected a lot less. It will be even more terrible, when czech national bank stops intervening on currency, so the FX rate for EUR/CZK will return back to its natural level, so it will be precisely 600EUR...

Luxury goods tend to be more expensive in CZ I noticed (like Macbooks for example). Don't you guys just order most lego from countries like Hungary anyway?

Edited by Legojona

4 hours ago, Legojona said:

Luxury goods tend to be more expensive in CZ I noticed (like Macbooks for example). Don't you guys just order most lego from countries like Hungary anyway?

the poorer you are, the more you pay - seems ecenomy works that way

nobody understands Hungarian so nobody can order from there :)  (I did once Witcher 3 Collectors Edition with help of my hungarian colleague when everywhere else it was sold out)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kumas said:

the poorer you are, the more you pay - seems ecenomy works that way

nobody understands Hungarian so nobody can order from there :)  (I did once Witcher 3 Collectors Edition with help of my hungarian colleague when everywhere else it was sold out)

Pretty funny as it's a Czech game right? :D

I buy from Hungary via Bricklink a lot. Seems they have some more reseller stores there that are very affordable. 

26 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I buy from Hungary via Bricklink a lot. Seems they have some more reseller stores there that are very affordable. 

Not surprising, as Nyiregyhaza is in Hungary and one of TLG's major factories. Must be a lot of folks with connections in the factory picking up bricks on the cheap.

• Like 2

In the same way you can buy some discounted sets from czech lego factory in Kladno.On the other han, these are only sources where you can get discounted some larger sets (lets say 150USD+ RRP), as most of the toy shops usually do not have them and the few ones with wide range of Lego do not give discounts on these at all. Anyway, Czech market is small, so noone cares a lot and despite this fact, the amount of people who are trying to earn some money on Lego resale increased significantly last days, especially after the "lego is better investmnt than gold" topics in czech media :-/

12 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

In the same way you can buy some discounted sets from czech lego factory in Kladno.On the other han, these are only sources where you can get discounted some larger sets (lets say 150USD+ RRP), as most of the toy shops usually do not have them and the few ones with wide range of Lego do not give discounts on these at all. Anyway, Czech market is small, so noone cares a lot and despite this fact, the amount of people who are trying to earn some money on Lego resale increased significantly last days, especially after the "lego is better investmnt than gold" topics in czech media :-/

I can imagine. At least the pivo (beer) is very cheap, so you can compensate the losses there. :D

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Pelt me with rotten eggs if this is common knowledge, and I know we all don't care, but "early VIP access" for this brand new Death Star starts Sep 15, as per the big poster at my local LEGO store. Do you think they'll open early for VIPs?

Rotten eggs?! How about this :)

image.png

• Like 3