75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

@ironbrick summoned @redcell by posting again, better get popcorn  

And like @Alpinemaps said, ironbrick had to miss several pages here if he thinks no valid points were gives as a reason for new DS dislike, but then again, I'm probably "WRONG, INCORRECT".  

Nah, not today...got better things to do than argue with the collective wisdom of an entire universe of unnamed experts.
  • Like 1

Nah, not today...got better things to do than argue with the collective wisdom of an entire universe of unnamed experts.

I'm happy to provide names. Or log onto Facebook and go to Star Wars Builders Gather fb group. The admin and I are friends. As in, he lives down the street from me.

There are plenty of people you can talk to there. You don't have to take my word for it.

I stopped reading Jang's review after the point about inflation.  Give me a break.  Generally speaking, imported manufactured goods decrease in price over time, even in nominal dollars.  Look at computers, tennis shoes, boomboxes... Anything but cars, really (the ever-increasing government mandates -- mandatory 15 airbags and rearview cameras, for example -- and potential for massive class-action suits probably accounts for the difference there).  What drives our inflation rate is three categories: housing, higher education, and medical care (i.e. the three items most heavily subsidized by the government).  Which of those categories includes Lego?  Hint: It's a trick question.

• Like 8

I'm happy to provide names. Or log onto Facebook and go to Star Wars Builders Gather fb group. The admin and I are friends. As in, he lives down the street from me.

There are plenty of people you can talk to there. You don't have to take my word for it.

I wasn't taking a dig at you, I was mocking IB's penchant to support his arguments by saying that he doesn't really think what he's daying, but is simply channeling the wisdom of countless "experts." Always struck me as a pretty lame way to support an argument.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostDad said:

I stopped reading Jang's review after the point about inflation.  Give me a break.

Well we know Lego bricks are made from oil and the price of oil has skyrocketed .... Oh wait.

3 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Anyone look at the box and think Lego is giving secret messages?

Looks like the silhouette of Hans $100 hairpiece.

• Like 3

Jang should stay away from math. How did the original one land at $400'since it has 22 real figures?

By his math, the old death star was roughly 0.87 per brick. That translates to a real 14% increase in price, not 4.4%.

You can spin this anyway you want... Lego has left lots of room to go either way with this set.
  • Like 4

Jang should stay away from math. How did the original one land at $400'since it has 22 real figures?

By his math, the old death star was roughly 0.87 per brick. That translates to a real 14% increase in price, not 4.4%.

You can spin this anyway you want... Lego has left lots of room to go either way with this set.

He totally missed the point ... If there was no 10188, this set is totally fine!! The reason why this is not good for all Lego fans is because of 10188. It's out for 8 years and effectively retired basically about 1/2 a year ... While they were planning 75159, 10188 is still in production!!

We do not want to encourage Lego to keep releasing the same Lego set for over and over again because we do know that Lego is capable for creating new and beautiful set. That's why we hate it so much to see this re-release.

The more positive people are towards this and the AOH sets, the less they will come up with truly amazing sets in the Star Wars line.

I think he really miss what people are ultimately mad about!
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Lol I was thinking the same thing. It's like he's trying to come up with any excuse possible to defend Lego. 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 4

Lol I was thinking the same thing. It's like he's trying to come up with any excuse possible to defend Lego. 

Here's a perfect example:
If you look at 2008 2+2=4 but because of inflation and Pluto no longer being a planet we get 6-2=4 (different number as you can see)
Now to adjust this to 2016 we need to flip a coin at a 32 degree angle and if it lands on potato we need to then times that by 6. Thus we see why Lego was forced to charge the extra 100 dollars.

This math makes perfect sense to me...can't speak for the rest of you but i agree now after doing the math.

You can also times Han's hairpiece by the width of the cheese slope..solve for Y and you can clearly see Lego is not lazy.....

#IDefendLego
  • Like 4