75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

Here's a perfect example:
If you look at 2008 2+2=4 but because of inflation and Pluto no longer being a planet we get 6-2=4 (different number as you can see)
Now to adjust this to 2016 we need to flip a coin at a 32 degree angle and if it lands on potato we need to then times that by 6. Thus we see why Lego was forced to charge the extra 100 dollars.

This math makes perfect sense to me...can't speak for the rest of you but i agree now after doing the math.

You can also times Han's hairpiece by the width of the cheese slope..solve for Y and you can clearly see Lego is not lazy.....

#IDefendLego

I'm not totally following, can you turn that into a pie chart to help me out? ;)

3 hours ago, redcell said:

I wasn't taking a dig at you, I was mocking IB's penchant to support his arguments by saying that he doesn't really think what he's daying, but is simply channeling the wisdom of countless "experts." Always struck me as a pretty lame way to support an argument.

donald_trump39-620x412.jpg

Lots of people, smart people, they're saying . . . all the time they tell me, the Death Star, it's gonna be great. It's going to be so great. I get tweets from these people saying, let's make the Death Star great again.

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

donald_trump39-620x412.jpg

Lots of people, smart people, they're saying . . . all the time they tell me, the Death Star, it's gonna be great. It's going to be so great. I get tweets from these people saying, let's make the Death Star great again.

Are we going to make Lepin pay for the Death Star?

• Like 2

I just logged in and saw Walmart has AoH on sale. For whatever reason, I decided to check it out even though I have no intention of buying that rubbish at the sale price. While I was there I guess I was feeling a little masochistic and decided to read the reviews. This was my favorite so far

Not that great
 5/17/2016

Customer review by slenos

2.0 stars by slenos

Honestly this is a pretty below average set. It has decent play value but the price is awful high for what you get. To me it is too expensive for most children and it is too unpolished for adult collectors. Has very little display value without the use of other sets like 75054 and more snowtroopers. Not recommended, wait for the death star and hope it is better.

4e0.gif

Edited by gbg108
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, JosephMali said:

Of course, there are other factors, like the notable increase of resealers, but the new Death Star, at least in my view, marks the end of a Lego investing era. There is still money to be made, but I'm not sure it is worth my time anymore.

Is that increase of resealers you speak of really a widespread phenomenon. Personally, I didn't come across any resealed sets yet.

• Like 5

Someone should do a comparison with the new disney castle once this is released. Both 2016 releases, both 4000pcs, both Disney licences. im sure the castle has more small pieces but does that justify the £110 difference considering the castle actually had an assumingly costly development stage over the cheese wedge update of 75159?

1 hour ago, 1archimedes said:

Someone should do a comparison with the new disney castle once this is released. Both 2016 releases, both 4000pcs, both Disney licences. im sure the castle has more small pieces but does that justify the £110 difference considering the castle actually had an assumingly costly development stage over the cheese wedge update of 75159?

Playing Devil's advocate here, the difference in the number of whole minifigures between the 2 might be the difference in cost.

• Like 1

Race to the bottom officially reached. Someone on Amazon just put up a 10188 for 399.99 + 14ship. There is about an $80 diff between him and the 2nd seller but I wonder how long it will take for the rest to drop. Or maybe its just a one off

That's the same genius from the other day.

The more I think about this one, I'll more than likely purchase the new one in the future.  We haven't tapped into our Death Star boxes, yet, and so I might wait till this goes to about 380 on clearance, or wait till it's end of life (could be as early as next year the way the rotten tomatoes keep getting tossed), and then buy one for about half off and that will be the one to build... If this is the better model, and design issues are fixed, that would be the one i'd want my son to build, if I were to let him build one. I do think the minifigures in the new one sort of fit with all the sets from the last 4 years..  So, it goes well with more current sets (2011-2016) like ISD, Tie Fighter, droid escape, all of those tatooine sets, etc than the old one would have.  This set would go better with that then the old one. So, once it falls into clearance mode, i'll probably jump on one a few years from now.  Until then... what's next, Lego?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

The more I think about this one, I'll more than likely purchase the new one in the future.  We haven't tapped into our Death Star boxes, yet, and so I might wait till this goes to about 380 on clearance, or wait till it's end of life (could be as early as next year the way the rotten tomatoes keep getting tossed), and then buy one for about half off and that will be the one to build... If this is the better model, and design issues are fixed, that would be the one i'd want my son to build, if I were to let him build one. I do think the minifigures in the new one sort of fit with all the sets from the last 4 years..  So, it goes well with more current sets (2011-2016) like ISD, Tie Fighter, droid escape, all of those tatooine sets, etc than the old one would have.  This set would go better with that then the old one. So, once it falls into clearance mode, i'll probably jump on one a few years from now.  Until then... what's next, Lego?

Speechless.

At the very least, Lego missed out on a awesome opportunity to release a new great UCS set.  This isn't just a random spaceship that appeared briefly in one of the Star Wars films and that would be soon forgotten.  This is the Death Star - an instantly recognizable icon of the Star Wars genre.

It would have been cool if they designed modular rooms that were based on different movie scenes and that could be connected different ways.  They could have add-on sets that came out later and allowed you to build your Death Star even larger.  I'm sure all the creative people at Lego could have found a way to do this.

As for Jang, I wonder how his fans would feel if he "re-released" one of his MOCs in a new video and just added a handful of new pieces.  Surely they wouldn't criticize him, right? ;)

HansOverpricedHairpiece.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I feel a dislike button is needed for brickpicker after reading that.

• Like 1