75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
This might seem a little odd for a first post on this particular thread, but I'm a long time Lego fan and have a 10188 Death Star set, and all the comments about the cheese wedge were bugging me.  Unless I misunderstood, the general cheese wedge joke was about a cheese wedge being added to the end of the sliding door base in the new Death Star set. 

However, this is not the case.  It may have been a running change at some point, but my copy of the 10188 Death Star set has this cheese wedge.  It is black instead of grey, but it's there, shown on page 57 of the instructions.  So to those of you who thought you would be getting a new cheese wedge, you really aren't.  It was there before, just in a different color.

You rock! This is the best news in weeks.
  • Like 9

One thing to consider:

What can a company do with a set that has still in huge quantities, is very old and is not selling any more?  

Answer:

Post a  sell out, give all market stock in 1 week and make a remake that will be almost identical everything (including the core bags) and with an adition of some new elements and minifigures from new movies !!!!!! Cost for the company, just 1/10 comparing with a new set and no parts stock anymore. 

Edited by kos999

52 minutes ago, keith1833 said:

For those in the US, buy this before the end of September and get a chance to win a space slug.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-TandC

Um, no thanks.

Alternatively, to enter without making a purchase:

1) Send us an email at the address below, with the following information:

• Write “LEGO Star Wars™ Escape the Space Slug™ Sweepstakes” in the subject line
• First and Last Name
• Email Address
• VIP Card Number

2) Send the email to [email protected]

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bobofischer said:

Haven't followed the thread. However the new Death Star can be purchased at the Disneyland Paris Lego store already (VIP Members). 

Also available at SAH so I imagine other Lego stores will get their copies, I believe today was the official VIP release of this set, but like most others I didn't give a toss when it was !! ;o)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KvHulk said:

Alternatively, to enter without making a purchase:

1) Send us an email at the address below, with the following information:

• Write “LEGO Star Wars2122.png Escape the Space Slug2122.png Sweepstakes” in the subject line
• First and Last Name
• Email Address
• VIP Card Number

2) Send the email to enterVIP@LEGO.com

"...US and Canada (excluding Quebec), may enter to win..." Hmm, why is part of Canada excluded?

23 minutes ago, BoomBoomFlash said:

"...US and Canada (excluding Quebec), may enter to win..." Hmm, why is part of Canada excluded?

3 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Just like in the U.S., some places have laws against certain types of drawings and stuff like that. 

http://business.financialpost.com/entrepreneur/why-many-contests-exclude-quebec-residents

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Just like in the U.S., some places have laws against certain types of drawings and stuff like that. 

Does anyone here know someone who won a drawing by submitting your name in the box at a chinese restaurant?  Just curious?

This might be an inside joke with myself, if I'm the only one who's ever noticed these boxes in the restaurants.

• Like 4

(Re)selling prices on 10188 are now dropping, dropping, drop....:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-Brand-New-/201661168714?hash=item2ef3f13c4a%3Ag%3Am7QAAOSwQaJXRbDy&nma=true&si=rh%2BwaR2UDbapjKSgU2g5oT8zNbE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

...and 20 USD below RRP (399 USD)!

Edited by dk_collector