75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Still in stock despite 2xvip and calendar. If there was one set I was expecting to sell out quickly, this was it as you can only get it from Lego and you get a boatload of VIP points. Have they oversupplied or are people not biting?

Only idiot could buy this s...t just for 2x vip + calendar (which mean around 12 % discount). Its EUR 500 monster, after 2x vip + calendar it costs around EUR 435-440. Most of the people bought the 10188 with at least 20% discount (for example in TRU), i.e. EUR 336. Who will pay EUR 100  more for the same set, which all collectors have for their collection (collectors had enormous 8 years for buying). There is just small number of AFOLs, who doesnt have it. And they still can buy the old version under EUR 400. Plus, zero investors are buying this sh...t, which has unpredictable EOL + risk of another new version. Also 20 % discount is small for this set. Only with 30 + % discount it makes sense to buy it - and just people who dont have the 10188.

15 minutes ago, fantomas007 said:

Only idiot could buy this s...t just for 2x vip + calendar (which mean around 12 % discount). Its EUR 500 monster, after 2x vip + calendar it costs around EUR 435-440. Most of the people bought the 10188 with at least 20% discount (for example in TRU), i.e. EUR 336. Who will pay EUR 100  more for the same set, which all collectors have for their collection (collectors had enormous 8 years for buying). There is just small number of AFOLs, who doesnt have it. And they still can buy the old version under EUR 400. Plus, zero investors are buying this sh...t, which has unpredictable EOL + risk of another new version. Also 20 % discount is small for this set. Only with 30 + % discount it makes sense to buy it - and just people who dont have the 10188.

Plenty of "idiots" - I prefer to call them valued customers, have been paying 500 and more for 10188 with the new one out!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, BP said:

This one just popped up at Toysrus.de. 

http://www.toysrus.de/product/index.jsp?productId=84221721

So it's likely going to be only 400€ at the next -20% promo. Unless they keep it as a "top deal".

I'm 100% sure you'll get a smashed box if you order one from Toyrus.de though. Large boxes get kicked around by GLS. I've seen them do it.

27 minutes ago, asharerin said:

37% off true RRP. I don't put any weight into TLG's new MSRPs, and neither do most retailers (except for TRU of course lol).

There will be plenty of opportunities to buy this one cheap.

them huge sales are casing me not to buy anything with less than a  40% discount . don't want to be the holding the one holding the carrot when prices are slashed .. enter SC from last year .