75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

The set looks awesome. I do not agree the building looks boring. It is just the way the building from the movie is.

There is always a chance Lego might retire Ecto-1. To make up for the WTS debacle. 

To fit it in your modulars takes some puzzling. Cause I believe the baseplate for this set is 32x48? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Same price as DS and on a par with Germany. Nothing to complain about!

So no 1% commission for him then - awwwwww.

I don't think the LEGO ideas designers deserve 1% in any case BUT I think LEGO should give them some sort of recognition. (10.000 LEGO VIP points ;-) ).

Somewhere I have read that 30 years ago (or something) there has been a LEGO Ghostbusters HQ building in a Toy R Us in New York (Timesquare?) and that the idea thus isn't anything that new.

Anyhow, I guess I'm not the only one who sees LEGO ideas and the 10.000 vote reachers and compares them to LEGO Sets that are not ideas but looks pretty similiar. (Helicarrier and Ghostbusters HQ for example ;-) ).

Of course the idea behind LEGO ideas is partly just that! What do people want? How could designs look like? (Without paying a lot of extra money they get everything they want for free here! --> see some of my posts from last year probably in the ideas thread (I guess... xD )).

8 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

The set looks awesome. I do not agree the building looks boring. It is just the way the building from the movie is.

There is always a chance Lego might retire Ecto-1. To make up for the WTS debacle. 

To fit it in your modulars takes some puzzling. Cause I believe the baseplate for this set is 32x48? 

Guess it will be a tight fit... but some people like it that way.

(Because it saves them display space!!!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

Anyhow, I guess I'm not the only one who sees LEGO ideas and the 10.000 vote reachers and compares them to LEGO Sets that are not ideas but looks pretty similiar. (Helicarrier and Ghostbusters HQ for example ;-) ).

76042 like the Ideas submission is a Helicarrier, that is where the similarity ends.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

Maybe Lego decided to remake the FB to DS proportions and this was the result. Honestly don´t know what Lego are doing with this set. And there is no helicopter......

Yes, the lack of a helicopter is pretty disturbing.  Not sure how Lego dropped the ball on that one.  Hopefully they redeemed themselves with some flick fires out the back of the building.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

EU Prices vary a lot!

350 euros: DE, AUT

360 Euros: EIRE, IT

380 euros: ESP, PT

390 euros: FR

400 euros: Guess who???

I´ll say another thing - this is classified as an IdeAS set on the web so it is the big kick ass one that some of us had been griping about not having a while ago! Seems we can never be happy.

I guess I'll have to drive to Oberhausen and get it for €50 less....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Locutus001 said:

So you can finally use all your MOC abilities! ;-)

Well... That does not work for me. As I am a perfectionist as well as a purist. I do not change anything to the sets I build. 

Anyhow... I will not buy this set upon release. I will wait for it hitting the stores and get it at a discount. 

Get ready to bust some ghosts at the Firehouse Headquarters!

There’s definitely something strange in this neighborhood! Slide down the fire pole into action, power up the proton packs and start zapping! The Ghostbusters™ are chasing Slimer and other mischievous ghosts. Round them up in the containment unit! Take samples of slime to the lab and analyze photos in the dark room. Or grab a pizza and relax with a game of pool in this detailed play set packed with features true to the movie classics!

• Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost.
  • Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
  • Slide the Ghostbusters™ heroes down the fire pole into action.
  • Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
  • Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
  • Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
  • Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
  • Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
  • Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!
  • Features opening walls for easy play access.
  • Features over 4,600 pieces.
  • Ghostbusters™ minifigures comewith decorated arms.
  • Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!
  • Like 2

Well ideas ecto will fit. And there won't be an ecto included with the firehouse. Guess it's time to grab more ectos. But for as many ectos that will be hoarded, there will only be a handful of firehouses due to the price. I would think a ratio of 10-15 ectos per firehouse.

5 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Yes, the lack of a helicopter is pretty disturbing.  Not sure how Lego dropped the ball on that one.  Hopefully they redeemed themselves with some flick fires out the back of the building.

You mean flick fires out of the basement 'containment unit' ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

You mean flick fires out of the basement 'containment unit' ;)

I trust that they will find an appropriate location for them. 

I'm still mind-boggled by the price.  I know the piece count, but you can rest assured almost all of them all small pieces such as tiles and small plates.  The Haunted House was brought up as a "stand-alone" piece like this.  What would you rather have?  The HH at $180 during retail or this at $350?  Not even close to me.  Maybe I missed it, has there been a designer video yet?  That will give a better perspective on how big this is, but I still figure it will fit right in with the modulars even if it is a bit deeper.  It's not as cool as Fire Brigade and is twice the cost.  Boo.