75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

21 minutes ago, bricketycricket said:

I said it before the reveal, but it's even more applicable now: 4600 pieces for a plain brick building with a lousy license behind it. What a waste.

Can't agree more. Compare to any of modular buildings, this GB HQ looks really plain and boring. It is just a B grade movie with a very catchy tune.

21 minutes ago, bricketycricket said: I said it before the reveal, but it's even more applicable now: 4600 pieces for a plain brick building with a lousy license behind it. What a waste.

Can't agree more. Compare to any of modular buildings, this GB HQ looks really plain and boring. It is just a B grade movie with a very catchy tune.

Wow. You are dead to me now. ;)

• Like 7

The description of the set on LEGO Shop at Home makes it sound like the interior is going to be spot on. I think it will be much like the original IDEAS version just some recoloring and a few tweaks here and there. I can't wait to build it. I kind of don't want to see any more pictures, they are starting to feel like spoilers hehe

53 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:

Am I the only one who can't tell clearly how this thing is going to open to see the inside? Or is it just open on the back? It doesn't seem that wide for

It is very unusual.  You can clearly see the floors separated by plates and tiles, so I think it lifts off like a modular.  But I think it also opens like a clamshell on the back side.   Similar to the Kwik-E-Mart that opens but also has the roof lift off. 

As you can read in my comments before this set really gets to me. I mean I want it NOW!

Reading all these "negative" comments I have no doubt that most people here who are writing them now will BUY BUY BUY the set later.

And I'm betting that some of you will even love this set for yourselves.

I didn't like Kylo Ren's Shuttle (and still won't build it) but having seen it on display I must confess that it looks better than I thought it would be.

I agree that LEGO could have added some minor exterior details to improve this model even more but this is a solid build with or without nostalgia. If you can't see that comparing it to the modulars then maybe you will once you see it in person. The Quick-E-Mart or the Simpsons House both look rather plain to me as well but opening them you can discover all kind of fancy details that make these sets awesome. (And the exterior isn't half-bad either).

But please: Everyone who thinks this set is boring, too expensive, should have been better, etc. please please please!!! just stay away from this set. Don't buy it for yourselvesl. Don't buy it as investment. Don't even buy it for others. Leave this set to people who love it already. I guarantee you this one will be a winner as soon as it is released as well as down the road. Please feel free to quote me if I'm wrong later on :-P

By the way: http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Feuerwehr-Hauptquartier-75827

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 3

EU Prices vary a lot!

350 euros: DE, AUT

360 Euros: EIRE, IT

380 euros: ESP, PT

390 euros: FR

400 euros: Guess who???

I´ll say another thing - this is classified as an IdeAS set on the web so it is the big kick ass one that some of us had been griping about not having a while ago! Seems we can never be happy.

Edited by valenciaeric

9 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

EU Prices vary a lot!

350 euros: DE, AUT

360 Euros: EIRE, IT

380 euros: ESP, PT

390 euros: FR

400 euros: Guess who???

I´ll say another thing - this is classified as an IdeAS set on the web so it is the big kick ass one that some of us had been griping about not having a while ago! Seems we can never be happy.

Guess my dutch neighbours?

Sorry to hear that! I'd like to know about LEGOs pricing logic someday. Did you ever write to LEGO about it? I did regarding the U.S. - European prices and got a short polite answer ^.^ But would be interesting what they answer you regarding 400€ vs 350€

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

£275 in the uk, was hoping for £250.

Same price as DS and on a par with Germany. Nothing to complain about!

5 minutes ago, wceagles said:

according to Brickfan:

Update: Although the product page says it is a LEGO Ideas set, designer Marcos Bessa has stated that it is an error on Shop@Home and that the set is not part of the line.

So no 1% commission for him then - awwwwww.