75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

Guest brickcrazyhouse
56 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

Who you gonna call? RE-SELLERS!

the number you have called has been banned please hang up and call a lego store near you

32 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

It's actually 4634 pieces. That's well cheaper than 10 cents per piece. Good value in my book.

I've noticed that as well after I posted my calculations but since it's still ca. 8cent per piece I didn't change it ;-)

It's awesome! With 4634 pieces it would be the third largest set of all times!!! (right after the millenium falcon UCS)

28 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

It's actually 4634 pieces. That's well cheaper than 10 cents per piece. Good value in my book.

A lot of small pieces.  Don't let the piece count fool you.  The weight is not that much for a 4600 piece set.  The 10188 is a much better value.  As for the set, I like it, but I am not a huge Ghostbusters fan.  I hope the inside is amazing, because the outside is certainly accurate, but not overly impressive.  I will wait until I see the interior detail before I make any more comments on it.

4 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

A lot of small pieces.  Don't let the piece count fool you.  The weight is not that much for a 4600 piece set.  The 10188 is a much better value.  As for the set, I like it, but I am not a huge Ghostbusters fan.  I hope the inside is amazing, because the outside is certainly accurate, but not overly impressive.  I will wait until I see the interior detail before I make any more comments on it.

If they have even a fraction of the detail of the Simpsons sets or the Tower of Orthanc I'd be very happy. I don't have any of the modulars yet so I suppose that's the best yardstick.

20 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

I've noticed that as well after I posted my calculations but since it's still ca. 8cent per piece I didn't change it ;-)

It's awesome! With 4634 pieces it would be the third largest set of all times!!! (right after the millenium falcon UCS)

In piece count, not size.  Let's put things in perspective.  The 10179 was over 22 lbs. of ABS plastic.  The 10188 was almost 18 lbs.  This is around 14 lbs.  With all those small pieces, this makes for one long and repetitive build IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

With all those small pieces, this makes for one long and repetitive build IMO.  

I cannot agree here. The interior will probably be ery detailed. With that in mind it doesn't give of the slightest impression of being a potentially repetitive build. But we'll know for sure in January.

6 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Or good news. As we all know about LEGO......we know nothing of their plans.

According to LEGO...

• Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!

As far as I like Ecto to retire, I guess with that statement Ecto will be around a longer than the normal Ideas life cycle. Maybe I have to rethink my investment strategy:mda:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

One would hope they have something planned for the new film too as it seemsa strange time to go all in on the old franchise.

And the building is rather plain and not iconic. Only thing is nostalgia, as ghostbusters music is probably etched in many adults' memory, but will this translate into sales?

16 minutes ago, chipbee said:

And the building is rather plain and not iconic. Only thing is nostalgia, as ghostbusters music is probably etched in many adults' memory, but will this translate into sales?

Forget Lego Light up bricks, they need a Theme Music playing Brick to play the iconic Ghostbuster's Theme song!  Or as my 2 year old says "GO BUSTERS!"

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Maybe Lego decided to remake the FB to DS proportions and this was the result. Honestly don´t know what Lego are doing with this set. And there is no helicopter......

• Like 1