75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

1 hour ago, mfortunek said:

I'll bet it ends up being very cool, and I'm not one to complain really, but my only thought is whether they could have used a slightly different red brick color so that it didn't look exactly like the FB. If they are asking $350 for this set (which is what it sounds like), couldn't we have gotten a rare new color brick?  Something to really elevate the value of this set?  More of a burnt orange color like the previous photos that were floating around online.  That would really soften the price tag for buyers, in my opinion.

I think you'll find that LEGO, with their evident disdain for anything that benefits the reseller model, care very little about elevating the value of a particular set.

The building looks good, I like it... wondering how people will react vs. Fire Brigade 10197 at roughly the same price (if $350 price is true), now that they have seen the actual fire station. Of course we all have to see the inside before making full judgement.

Thinking out loud: Maybe it is time for those with 10197 to sell sooner, rather than later...(my thinking could be wrong, feel free to disagree).

Edited by Kevink24

10 minutes ago, Kevink24 said:

The building looks good, I like it... wondering how people will react vs. Fire Brigade 10197 at roughly the same price (if $350 price is true), now that they have seen the actual fire station. Of course we all have to see the inside before making full judgement.

Thinking out loud: Maybe it is time for those with 10197 to sell sooner, rather than later...(my thinking could be wrong, feel free to disagree).

I doubt this will have any impact on sales of 10197, completionists will want to collect all modulars.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎05‎:‎12‎, Crustybeaver said:

Where did you fidn that picture?

Awesome minifigs, although I don't like the slimerversion and I'm not sure about Janine... she is the version from the first movie but her hairpiece looks odd and only looking at the picture in large allowed me to see that it's her and not some random guy.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎45‎:‎47‎, Kevink24 said:

Well I hope you're wrong because I still hold some of them that I bought post EOL ;-)

I guess there'll always be collectors for the original modulars though. But that has been my exact thought when I heard about the GBHQ for the first time.

They look different enough though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 10230 said:

A sort-of nice building, but $350, seriously? Maybe half of that, or a little more due to the figs.

350/4200 = 0,083333

So the price per piece is VERY LOW at 8cent

It sure includes many small pieces.

To compare it to another set: Helicarrier comes with 2996 pieces at 350(€) which is 0,1168... so almost 12cent per piece.

Didn't hear that much complaining about the Helicarrier price.

By the way: "Maybe half of that, or a little more due to the figs". Would be like 180 --> ca. 4 cent per piece... now we're getting a little bit unrealistic aren't we?

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

There should be no stickers on a $350 set. Period.  

Even though I agree when it comes to disliking stickers: Why?

There really is no other reason than your(our) convenience.

TripleE shouldn't have come with stickers!

UCS TIE-Fighter shouldn't have come with stickers!

I'm pretty happy that LEGO sticks to their non-sticker policy when it comes to ideas sets.

But as I pointed out with the price: As for price per piece it is very low and thus you could almost be happy about it.

The DS comes with 3803 pieces!!!

So the price has nothing to do with stickers and having this disjointedness I'd say that your remark (as much as I share the thought!) is not justified.

Also: There probably are not that many stickers and - I only can guess here- I think it would have been more expensive if LEGO had opted for the non-sticker version. I take 350 sticker-version before 400 non-sticker any time.

Edited by Locutus001
  • Like 1

On October 25, 2015 at 2:10:18 PM, Locutus001 said:

Yeah but Ecto-1 is called "Ecto-1" and not "Death Ecto-1" :-P

"Life Ecto-1" is more like it like the "Life Star".  But they hunt Ghosts, which are dead.  So maybe "Death Ecto-1" is more fitting.

I Ain't Afraid of No Retirements...

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎09‎:‎32‎, Locutus001 said:

Even though I agree when it comes to disliking stickers: Why?

There really is no other reason than your(our) convenience.

TripleE shouldn't have come with stickers!

UCS TIE-Fighter shouldn't have come with stickers!

I'm pretty happy that LEGO sticks to their non-sticker policy when it comes to ideas sets.

TripleE and Tie Fighter don't cost $350. I understand your point but if they are doing a premier high dollar set like this it's just a little tacky that it comes with a sticker sheet. The printed pieces are so much nicer than the stickers it just would make the set even better.