75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

Do we even know what movie this set will be based on?  Is the same building being used in the new Ghostbusters movie?  The Cadillac in the new movie is certainly nothing close to the 1959 Cadillac from the first two movies.

I'm not sure a $350 piece would be a wise choice for a possible flop...

• Like 1

You are assuming it will be a flop.  Might not be.  The new set can be based on the new movie, with the new Ecto-1 and the new characters.  The building might be the same....or slightly different.  I think there is a fair chance that the current Ecto-1 will be unique.  Just a guess. There are a lot of questions.  What if the building is the same, but has new characters and car?  Maybe the original Ecto-1, with the old characters becomes super desirable.

• Like 1

Do we even know what movie this set will be based on?  Is the same building being used in the new Ghostbusters movie?  The Cadillac in the new movie is certainly nothing close to the 1959 Cadillac from the first two movies.

I am still hoping for the cartoon version with the huge containment unit in the basement ;)

latest?cb=20110605170749

You are assuming it will be a flop.  Might not be.  The new set can be based on the new movie, with the new Ecto-1 and the new characters.  The building might be the same....or slightly different.  I think there is a fair chance that the current Ecto-1 will be unique.  Just a guess. There are a lot of questions.  What if the building is the same, but has new characters and car?  Maybe the original Ecto-1, with the old characters becomes super desirable.

Last night the wife and I watched "The Spy."  Same director as new ghostbusters, Paul Feig.  It SUCKED.  And I like some of the cast being used in new ghostbusters but based on last night, I'm calling "Flop" as well.

• Like 1

this would be ideal for us :)

Imagine the outrage should the new characters turn out to be minidolls :devil:

Hi there,

My guess is that the HQ will be released thanks to the success of the ecto1 set.

Meaning that Lego planned to sell the HQ to people who already bought the ecto1.

An HQ without ecto1 wouldn't surprise me at all. They even can stop to produce the ecto1 whenever they want...

All of this can sound suprising, and even if I would not bet on it, I wouldn't say it's not possible either...

edit: and what about the thounsands of guys who bought an ecto1 set ? If Lego put the same vehicule inside the HQ set, it means they will have another one. Lego sets are expensive but I doubt they act like so. I highly doubt that the HQ will feature the ecto1 (ideas set). But an ecto1A from ghostubsters 2... yes, why not.

Edited by biniou

Last night the wife and I watched "The Spy."  Same director as new ghostbusters, Paul Feig.  It SUCKED.  And I like some of the cast being used in new ghostbusters but based on last night, I'm calling "Flop" as well.

i dare say that any large lego building that opens up with a hinge will not be a flop, regardless of the movie ;)

75827 will be based on the original movie. I also suspect there will be a wave of sets for the new GB movie and that would include the new Ecto-1 with the girl minifigs. 75827 is going to be epic and fans of the original movie are at the age where they are making top dollar so will spend top dollar - good news for us.

We should get more details and pics soon unless they flip flop the Big Ben landmark July release with the Jan 1st GBHQ. Slimer and slimed Venkman confirmed for 75827!

• Like 2

75827 will be based on the original movie. I also suspect there will be a wave of sets for the new GB movie and that would include the new Ecto-1 with the girl minifigs. 75827 is going to be epic and fans of the original movie are at the age where they are making top dollar so will spend top dollar - good news for us.

We should get more details and pics soon unless they flip flop the Big Ben landmark July release with the Jan 1st GBHQ. Slimer and slimed Venkman confirmed for 75827!

What about an Ecto? Honestly, I can't imagine LEGO cannibalizing* their own sales, but... 

*having two versions of the same model available at the same time. 

Have I missed something here?