75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fear that this set may take a hit if GB HQ comes to fruition...

I think FB would be more likely to take a hit since they are both fire stations but ultimately GBHQ is a different scale and will not fit in a modular lineup without alot of modding. It opens up like the Haunted House hinge style so it would be best to have it as a standalone anyway. The only set GBHQ is going to kill is Ecto-1. I am sitting on my TH for another few years :)

Edited by gregpj
** Mod Edit - posts moved trom Town Hall thread. Above quote from dcdfan was in reference to set 10224 - Town Hall **
  • Like 1

I think FB would be more likely to take a hit since they are both fire stations but ultimately GBHQ is a different scale and will not fit in a modular lineup without alot of modding. It opens up like the Haunted House hinge style so it would be best to have it as a standalone anyway. The only set GBHQ is going to kill is Ecto-1. I am sitting on my TH for another few years :)

You're speaking factually about the GBHQ as if you know its scale, and its build style, and ...............if it exists at all. 

Aren't those all huge assumptions, based on a rumor?

I think FB would be more likely to take a hit since they are both fire stations but ultimately GBHQ is a different scale and will not fit in a modular lineup without alot of modding. It opens up like the Haunted House hinge style so it would be best to have it as a standalone anyway. The only set GBHQ is going to kill is Ecto-1. I am sitting on my TH for another few years

Did we miss something (or just me)? How do we know it opens up hinge style?

Not that I'm complaining, that would be cool as I think it'll get displayed with the Ecto 1 (and slimer and stay puft from dims) in my empty display case spot.

The hinged doll house style was confirmed ( well as much as can be at this point) on another board by just2good. It is confirmed big enough to house the current ecto-1 but no news on if HQ comes with the ecto-1. Going to be interesting for sure as you would think they would want the printed arm pieces for HQ and 4600 pieces goes along way.

• Like 1

The hinged doll house style was confirmed ( well as much as can be at this point) on another board by just2good. It is confirmed big enough to house the current ecto-1 but no news on if HQ comes with the ecto-1. Going to be interesting for sure as you would think they would want the printed arm pieces for HQ and 4600 pieces goes along way.

IIRC same guy said no Ecto but all this talk could be done better in the appropriate GB HQ thread, right?

IIRC same guy said no Ecto but all this talk could be done better in the appropriate GB HQ thread, right?

I was on a work call, :phone: Give me a chance! :P

Oh ok, thanks. I can't see it coming with the Ecto-1 set - maybe a scaled down version? I'm more curious about which minifigs it will come with since Slimer and Stay Puft were in dimension packs they are prime candidates to be included!

You'll forgive me if I don't dump my stash of Ectos based on this rumor.

I think you'd be foolish to. This will only make the Ecto-1 more desirable whether the HQ comes with an E1 or not. People's stashes of E1s will become TRU parking lot hotcake material.

To say that ghostbuster HQ would lower the value of townhall or fire brigade is like saying simpson kwik emart will lower value of green grocer.

If this set ever becomes reality, it will be good complement to HH and the monsters minifigs. Some may modify it to modular building standards. It will help keep afol happy and continue to play with lego.

To say that ghostbuster HQ would lower the value of townhall or fire brigade is like saying simpson kwik emart will lower value of green grocer.

If this set ever becomes reality, it will be good complement to HH and the monsters minifigs. Some may modify it to modular building standards. It will help keep afol happy and continue to play with lego.

I didn't say "lower the value" I said "take a hit." And I'm saying a $350 set (which would probably be bigger) next to what is currently a $500+ set, I'd probably take the $350 set. Yes, they're not the same but I would NEVER compare a cartoon...

I think you'd be foolish to. This will only make the Ecto-1 more desirable whether the HQ comes with an E1 or not. People's stashes of E1s will become TRU parking lot hotcake material.

Well, the only way to make Ideas Ecto-1 more desirable is if the HQ does not come with an Ecto1 AND 21108 retires before HQ is released.  Any other scenario means there will be at least one version of Ecto-1 on the primary market.

I haven't seen anyone propose this, but IF this is all true, and they do the HQ, perhaps they'd include the Ecto-1A from GB2 which is SLIGHTLY different. 

That could preserve the value of the Ecto-1, allow it to retire this year, and still not have everyone screaming about how they don't get an Ecto with a huge set.

ghostbusters_ecto_1_by_twinypix.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't seen anyone propose this, but IF this is all true, and they do the HQ, perhaps they'd include the Ecto-1A from GB2 which is SLIGHTLY different. 

That could preserve the value of the Ecto-1, allow it to retire this year, and still not have everyone screaming about how they don't get an Ecto with a huge set.

I will cry if the HQ comes with an ECTO:notme:

• Like 1

I will cry if the HQ comes with an ECTO:notme:

I'm definitely not thrilled about it either. I bet fairly heavily on the Ecto1.

I guess my question is what would be better? A slightly different Ecto1a that comes with this Rumored GBH OR if they keep the existing Ecto1 in production all the way through the release of the GBH.

Perfect world, the Ecto disappears soon (as many have predicted) and people REALLY want it to go with the Rumored GBH.

• Like 1