75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

More people have said no than yes. As to whether it retires, soon we have to define soon as earlier than later. I think it will be around for this Xmas and possibly till the launch of this set if it is Q1 16 but not much longer - same as RI and Delorean last year.

The problem is that sets like the Delorean have created a precedent belief that Ideas sets retire within 2 years.

Personally I don't see any connection between this and the Death Star. DS is very expensive and due to this fact has a propensity to be generally less hoarded. Ecto is cheap and massively hoarded, and if it sticks around for another few years may not be the winner many people think it'll be post eol. I myself have a few stored away and I find this HQ news kind of depressing. At least I bought all of mine below retail (or with free points vouchers) so I can flip some to free up more capital in the event it lingers for ages.

If the Canadian TRU description is correct, then there is no Ecto one in the HQ. It makes little sense to retire the Ecto in this case. It's no secret that the Ecto is one of the most popular Lego sets ever and it looks like they might have plans to milk the GB franchise.... and milk it hard.

I'll bet it ends up being very cool, and I'm not one to complain really, but my only thought is whether they could have used a slightly different red brick color so that it didn't look exactly like the FB. If they are asking $350 for this set (which is what it sounds like), couldn't we have gotten a rare new color brick?  Something to really elevate the value of this set?  More of a burnt orange color like the previous photos that were floating around online.  That would really soften the price tag for buyers, in my opinion.

Edited by mfortunek