75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

2 minutes ago, pete411 said:

You're two months and two billion dollars late on this argument.

More like 15-16 years too late. Fact of the matter is that people are buying tickets and products based on them and it's up to TLG to make products to satisfy new demand. As a reseller, it is up to each of us to decide if there's money to be made, or if we'll be throwing money away. I feel like in 2018 we're going to see the black and orange X-Wing on Force Friday. I feel like this one will disappear in September, December at the latest. You'll have 6 months to make whatever you're going to make.

After they were gone everywhere in North Carolina I did an out of the way trip to find some in January.  I found a few with 35r5 dates. 

Then the last two walmarts were fully stocked with 51r5. 

So pretty recent based on when I found them. 

I assumed that meant I'd soon see a flood of them but a full month later and they're still nowhere to be found.  Quite odd in my opinion. 

Are they hard to find in other states? 

On 2/15/2016 at 9:35 AM, uaford said:

These are all over the place around me...even picked two up for half price that had been discounted at a local WM last week (thought this is definitely not the norm, most are $79).  I am pretty new to the Lego scene, but I don't understand why this one, which seems like it should be relatively popular,  would be tagged for a quick retirement.  I am not someone who stocks up on Legos and resells, but if I was I could drive to many stores in a 15 mile radius and pick up lots of these at TRU and WM.  

Un-relatedly...what does red tag mean at WM?  Haven't hear about that one. If it is retiring soon I want to pick on more up to build with my son.

Thanks!

Care to share your area or state?  These are not CLOSE to being  all over the place in the areas I look in.  I'd like to check your area for inventory to see what the numbers are.  

On 2/15/2016 at 0:06 PM, Sfcommando14 said:

That is a question you will have to ask yourself. Only time will tell. It depends on when it retires, if it's featured in Ep VIII and how many times it goes down to $40 for some of these lucky SOBs.

A little tip on why some of the new TFA sets were marked down at WM;  they had a bunch of new stock left over after the holidays sitting in the warehouse.  This was distributed out to the stores.  The mods at WM stores vary by location, size, etc.  The mods at some of the stores that received these sets didn't include the Snow Speeder, KR's Ship, etc.  Those were marked down 50% as they weren't in the new mods.

4 hours ago, uaford said:

What are the latest seal codes people have seen on this one? (Maybe there is a thread where this kind of thing is posted, but I couldn't find it...feel free to point me in that direction.)

Just received my back ordered X-Wings with seal codes 03R6. Pretty fresh....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Brick said:

Me too. I got my 5 in from Lego today with the same seals. I'm going 25 deep on these. Should be a winner.

Did you buy these at LEGO Shop at Home? Separate orders I assume.

Any news what polybag they're giving away on May? Hopefully it's in the same caliber as Revan. If not, will be buying these on March.

On 15/02/2016 at 2:48 PM, Haay said:

Over at the Google+ Lego Community I made this quick poll to see how the Poe's X-Wing compares with the upcoming Resistance X-Wing.

At 45 votes from Lego 'consumers' (mostly kids, teenagers and AFOLs who build Lego instead of investing in it) the preference looks quite clear:

56c1d6a64f8ec_X-Wingvergelijking.png.896

The message is clear: get those Orange coloured X-Wings whenever you can because that's the one the Lego fans want! :) 

After amassing 340 votes at this moment, the tally is now a very stable: 69% in favour of Poe's X-Wing, and 31% in favour of the Resistance X-Wing.

I don't know how many collectors out there collect multiple ships for displaying, but it's likely that they would get a few resistance x-wings and only one poe's x-wing. There was only one black/orange x-wing in the movie, but a ton of blue ones.

Although I imagine most collectors just get a single ship.

15 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

Stupid question...when did the black x-wing appear in the movie?

I'm surprised at the survey results. Need to stock up on these before they go poof. Got nil at the moment.

Have you seen the movie? After Poe Dameron's blue X-Wing gets blown up at the beginning of the movie, his XWing is the orance and black one. It first shows up when the Resistance attacks the First Order at Maz Kanata canteen. The rest of the movie Poe flies the black and orange one.

12 minutes ago, chipbee said:

Dont quite understand this rumor. There is no indication of early retirement, and still available at lego LEGO Shop at Home buy limit 10. It is a new set and highly popular after the movie is released. Why would lego poof this set now?

Because it doesn't make a massive amount of sense to have two X-Wings on the market at the same time in the same price range. But hey, this is Lego we're talking about.

2 hours ago, znjndmawn said:

Stupid question...when did the black x-wing appear in the movie?

Honestly it's not that stupid of a question. I had asked myself this exact same question after I watched the movie the first time. The second time I watched it I did so to critique the movie rather than just enjoy it like I did the first time. The aerial battles, minus the Falcon chase scene which was ok, are utterly terrible. It's so all over the place I felt like I had A.D.D. The Maz Kanata defense is just a bunch of stuff on the ground being shot at and blown up. The Starkiller base attack is hard to follow along with and there isn't any real suspense or doubt ever. Most of the fighting around Starkiller base just shows the pilots faces and reactions and you don't see any real strategy or skill going on, just random mayhem. If I didn't fly around in an x-wing in the Battlefront game all the time, I would've never been able to fully appreciate how hard it was for Poe to fly around in a tight circle shooting the reactor stuff or whatever he did (if I remember that unmemorable battle correctly).