75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

I haven't seen one in a few weeks. I checked the target and walmart stock trackers, and these are still empty in a 100 mile radius of me.  But, they are easy to score online, so who knows.  This is really the only bet I am semi-hedging at the moment.  But, I wouldn't be shocked if these are still findable up until the summer wave is released.  The summer wave from my understanding comes out in July.  So, if they are running 2 similar x-wings than maybe production will run for the rest of this year into next.. If they only plan on running one x-wing, then i'm sure they'll produce them until March or so, then wind it down.  

I will say though, these have potential.  During Christmas, I snagged 2 at BAM on a BOGO50% and flipped them for about 115 each on amazon.  But, when I really think about this, even if it does go away, is it as iconic as Luke's x-wing?  I don't think so.  I doubt they go as high as 9493 has.  So, I guess that's something to take into consideration before going all-in.  I'm sure they will do better than most other FA sets once retired, but i'm not sure this theme has OT retirement legs.  This will be about as good of a test as it gets though.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I haven't seen one in a few weeks. I checked the target and walmart stock trackers, and these are still empty in a 100 mile radius of me.  But, they are easy to score online, so who knows.  This is really the only bet I am semi-hedging at the moment.  But, I wouldn't be shocked if these are still findable up until the summer wave is released.  The summer wave from my understanding comes out in July.  So, if they are running 2 similar x-wings than maybe production will run for the rest of this year into next.. If they only plan on running one x-wing, then i'm sure they'll produce them until March or so, then wind it down.  

I will say though, these have potential.  During Christmas, I snagged 2 at BAM on a BOGO50% and flipped them for about 115 each on amazon.  But, when I really think about this, even if it does go away, is it as iconic as Luke's x-wing?  I don't think so.  I doubt they go as high as 9493 has.  So, I guess that's something to take into consideration before going all-in.  I'm sure they will do better than most other FA sets once retired, but i'm not sure this theme has OT retirement legs.  This will be about as good of a test as it gets though.

I honestly think it's possible that this will retire at the 12 month mark, but it will only be about 1 year before the release another Black/Orange X-Wing

26 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I honestly think it's possible that this will retire at the 12 month mark, but it will only be about 1 year before the release another Black/Orange X-Wing

We'll see. The scarcity is already begun, and I think it will be gone from most of the wild by the 9 month mark (june)..  July the next one comes out (Poe's blue one), and that will more than likely be out in mass.  Most kids will be more than happy with that over the black version, and only collectors will care about the black one.  It may spike, but I just dont know if it will spike much to call it a big investment winner.

Also with the box sizes shown for Rogue One,  2 of those boxes are prime candidates for a OT style x-wing (which has been shown to be in the movie). 

X-wing over-saturation is in full swing. Maybe Poe will pain one purple for Episode 8.  Or green.  Green x-wings haven't been done yet.

Edited by fossilrock

This set went out of stock at TRU during their presidents day sale today.  Now its only left as a set you can backorder at Lego shop@home.  This set might provide the best CAGR if you flip next christmas.  Hardly any hoarders on this one either.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54946976&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID20241704:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_20241704&eESource=CAPLA_DF:54946976:TRUS

15 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

This set went out of stock at TRU during their presidents day sale today.  Now its only left as a set you can backorder at Lego shop@home.  This set might provide the best CAGR if you flip next christmas.  Hardly any hoarders on this one either.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54946976&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID20241704:TRUS&cagpspn=plat_20241704&eESource=CAPLA_DF:54946976:TRUS

Was it discounted at TRU? 

Edited by Salimr

Over at the Google+ Lego Community I made this quick poll to see how the Poe's X-Wing compares with the upcoming Resistance X-Wing.

At 45 votes from Lego 'consumers' (mostly kids, teenagers and AFOLs who build Lego instead of investing in it) the preference looks quite clear:

56c1d6a64f8ec_X-Wingvergelijking.png.896

The message is clear: get those Orange coloured X-Wings whenever you can because that's the one the Lego fans want! :) 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Haay said:

Over at the Google+ Lego Community I made this quick poll to see how the Poe's X-Wing compares with the upcoming Resistance X-Wing.

At 45 votes from Lego 'consumers' (mostly kids, teenagers and AFOLs who build Lego instead of investing in it) the preference looks quite clear:

The message is clear: get those Orange coloured X-Wings whenever you can because that's the one the Lego fans want! :) 

73% of the people have no taste, 98% of the time. At least I'm 65% sure on that one. :jester:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Haay said:

Only 17 offers on Amazon with the lowest at 129...  Unopened versions of this set for long term value are looking up...that is if there is no more production runs.  Judging from how long it's taking lego.com to complete fulfillment orders, I like those chances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Only 17 offers on Amazon with the lowest at 129...  Unopened versions of this set for long term value are looking up...that is if there is no more production runs.  Judging from how long it's taking lego.com to complete fulfillment orders, I like those chances.

It is available from Amazon for $78.79 right now and keep in mind that this is gated along with the other TFA LEGO sets so the number of sellers is drastically lower than it could be and has artificially inflated the Amazon third party prices.  If it was retired today most resellers still couldn't list this on Amazon.

Edited by zskid00

3 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

It is available from Amazon for $78.79 right now and keep in mind that this is gated along with the other TFA LEGO sets so the number of sellers is drastically lower than it could be and has artificially inflated the Amazon third party prices.  If it was retired today most resellers still couldn't list this on Amazon.

That 78.79 price just happened within the hour.  Looks like there are only 2 left.

I flipped two about two weeks before christmas at amazon for around 115 a piece.  Just didn't use the actual listing, and used a secondary listing.  There's way's around it.  Best way to beat the gate, is just to bundle stuff.

These are all over the place around me...even picked two up for half price that had been discounted at a local WM last week (thought this is definitely not the norm, most are $79).  I am pretty new to the Lego scene, but I don't understand why this one, which seems like it should be relatively popular,  would be tagged for a quick retirement.  I am not someone who stocks up on Legos and resells, but if I was I could drive to many stores in a 15 mile radius and pick up lots of these at TRU and WM.  

Un-relatedly...what does red tag mean at WM?  Haven't hear about that one. If it is retiring soon I want to pick on more up to build with my son.

Thanks!

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm not taking the bait on these unless they are heavily discounted. I finally went to see EP7 last weekend and I was a bit disappointed TBH. It's just like a rehash of the original with modern effects (which were excellent), rather nice eye candy but, very little else. However, it had told me to keep hold of my R2-D2 sets since he was woken up and rumoured to play a big part in EP8. Our movie industries really need some totally new ideas. The original trilogy is where the money is at.

Why make lots of prequels and sequels? Let a sleeping dogs lie I say

Edited by TabbyBoy

Coming from someone who loves Legos and cool looking ships but has never seen any of the 7 movies(yes those people exist) from start to finish the black one looks way cooler than the blue gray one.  

Now coming from the parent stand point if when the new one is released and the black one is retired it would depend on the price.  If the black one is $50 more on the aftermarket I would have no problem paying the extra money so my kid could have the cool ship but I feel I would be in the minority in that choice.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm not taking the bait on these unless they are heavily discounted. I finally went to see EP7 last weekend and I was a bit disappointed TBH. It's just like a rehash of the original with modern effects (which were excellent), rather nice eye candy but, very little else. However, it had told me to keep hold of my R2-D2 sets since he was woken up and rumoured to play a big part in EP8. Our movie industries really need some totally new ideas. The original trilogy is where the money is at.

Why make lots of prequels and sequels? Let a sleeping dogs lie I say

You're two months and two billion dollars late on this argument.

• Like 2