75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

1 minute ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I don't think most of this is horde. This is the cheapest TFA big set and a variant on an iconic ship. It appeals to SW fans new and old and the price point is better than Kylos CS and MF and even the FO Transporter. The WMs near me only seem to get 4 at a time and they disappear almost immediately while the other ships are stacked 5 deep.

Amen to that. I've never seen these last long on shelves. Very recognizable ship, excellent play value, and great price. If I were a kid (still really am just a big kid anyways :) ) that's where my eyes would get drawn to. Plus, it is one of 2 sets that has BB-8, the other one being the twice as expensive 75105 MF (unless you got one for $35 as some of us did ... cursessssssss).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BoomBoomFlash said:

I should have posted it in "alternate MOCs." I had too much time during spring break so I built it from the $64 Imperial Assault Carrier parts. Poe's is very hard to find now in Florida, even the SoFlo Lego store doesn't have any recently.

I suspected as much :) Looks pretty good for a MOC based on a limited number of parts .... 75102 still difficult to find here as well (Ohio) but there are plenty online shops that will sell you one and ship it for free.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On February 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM, justapilgrim said:

Picked mine up for BOGO 40% shopko with coupons. Broke down to around $54 each. I think can do better than $70, just need to look around

On February 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM, midbenne said:

Thank you for the info! Here's to hoping we might get a better deal within the next 30 days. I grabbed the 2, but for $63 + tax it's not a terrible deal...it's that stupid tax that makes it less attractive. I do appreciate the response...If I can snag a couple more for less these can go back, but till then, we'll just hope...but you know what people say about hoping :) 

When did you get your's from shopko?

Those 2 posts answer a question I was going to ask if those are worth picking up at $70-$75. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2016 at 2:54 PM, thoroakenfelder said:

This seems to be the set that is most commonly sold out of stores near me. I kind of doubt that it's on its way out yet. I feel like ~6 months is the right range in which it will be gone.

My target which always had a display of 75102 and a shelf tag with a permanent empty spot above it finally got a few in the other week. Not yet done.

I'm curious to see what happens to the sales of 75102 when Encounter on Jakku (75148) hits the shelves. Although it's obvious that the X-wing is one of the most popular SW ships I think BB-8 can shoulder some blame as to why 75102 is out of stock consistently.

• Like 1

I hear a blue resistant X wing is upcoming. Who knows if this helps things or hurts them. Poes involvement in the next few movies will also dictate a remake or involvement in other sets. This is oddly one of the only TFA sets I don't own yet lol.

1 hour ago, jstodda said:

I hear a blue resistant X wing is upcoming. Who knows if this helps things or hurts them. Poes involvement in the next few movies will also dictate a remake or involvement in other sets. This is oddly one of the only TFA sets I don't own yet lol.

Some people are saying they will discontinue this one in order to make room for the new one. If so, that would be very good for people who invested in this (at a discount). There is a timegap between TFA and Rogue One so it's possible they will discontinue it. However, I do think it will make an appearance in episode 8 so there will be a remake at some point.

There's always a risk, but I would definitely get some of these if you have some spare cash. I don't see these lowering in value, and Lego prices are not going to drop either.

Just received 2 of these 75102, with a seal-code of 12S6. One is for my own collection, and the other one for long(er) term hold, just in case it may grow in value over time. ;)  I'm not convinced it will increase in value a lot after eventual EOL, but acquired at a decent discount I won't lose money on it either.

Edited by Haay

On 03/05/2016 at 0:55 PM, c_rpg said:

I hope you didn't get them at toysrus.nl

Loving the 'Top Deal!' at 99,99€

Ha ha ha, I noticed their ridiculous "top deal" and had to laugh hard about that. Raising the price from €90 (RRP) to €100 first and then calling it a top deal to have a 20% discount on it for the May 4th circus. Dumb marketing idiots. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow BPs, I just came out of the closet as an AFOL and am fairly new to Lego collecting/investing.  I have done some seemingly dumb thing as a newb (like purchasing two 75054s for $190 and $185 on eBay last month).  Considering the 75102 is only 9 months old, and it can be purchased for $60-$65 on CL and eBay, is the general consensus here to buy now at that price and hold (perhaps 2-3 years?), or would the preference be to hold off on buying until just pre-EOL and hope for deep discounts/clearances from Lego.com and big box retailers?  I've read the Forum threads advising against tying up capital for 2-3 years.  But my thought is, if I leave say, $3000 in a bank CD, I'd be lucky to earn $30 in 3 years.  I'd rather have some fun with it and buy and sell Lego sets as I'm pretty sure, I'd earn >$30 doing so?  Thanks for sharing any thoughts on this.

I have the same question for the 75105, but in observance of proper BP Forum etiquette, I'll post that in the appropriate discussion...