75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

10 hours ago, The Rookie said:

I have yet to sell on eBay.  But I think here in the US ebay charges 10% on sell price and shipping cost.  While Paypal charges 2.9% on sell price and shipping cost.  For a grand total of 12.9%.  Can someone please confirm that?

Paypal doesn't charge on the shipping cost.  But do the math on a $100 item: free shipping would be $3.20 paypal ($2.9+$0.30) and $85+$15 shipping would be $2.77 ($2.47+$0.30).  So $0.43, but you want to consider the optics of free shipping versus shipping and how it might affect a buyer's choice on your listing versus the one before and after you.

Edited by hockeyweasel

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Legojona said:

It really seems like the cheap X-wings are gone in Europe now: https://www.brickwatch.net/nl-NL/set/75102/Poe-s-X-Wing-Fighter.html

Good that I added 2 to every order I got from Amazon.co.uk :D

Makes me wonder though how many have been bought be resellers like you and me and others frequenting this forum. I.e. how big our competition will be when this set has finally retired and we're hoping to make a profit on it... :P 

• Like 1

I think it will be selling at or below RRP for at least a year after retirement.  Same with MF.

They seem the most popular with hoarders of all the TFA sets. They've been discounted so often there will be plenty of people happy to sell at Lego RRP and i don't think people will be prepared to pay much more while rebel x wing is still on sale.  Then you've got the worry about a remake with new films coming. I've picked up only 2 and I'll be surprised if these ever hit 2 x rrp.

• Like 1

Yeah I've only picked up two at a €57 buy in. It's a tricky one to call I think. 9493 surprised a lot of people who thought it would be too hoarded, but it did very well because the demand was so strong. This set will have strong demand too, but it was also €20-30 more expensive at RRP. I think it can reach €120 within 2 years of EOL which is fine by me. Assuming it retires sometime this century of course.

On 9-9-2016 at 0:04 PM, Legojona said:

It really seems like the cheap X-wings are gone in Europe now: https://www.brickwatch.net/nl-NL/set/75102/Poe-s-X-Wing-Fighter.html

Good that I added 2 to every order I got from Amazon.co.uk :D

Seems it will have another batch at the end of September: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SDTTJLQ/?tag=brickwatch-21&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

For me this set has been priced down for a reason, and i think then over hoarded, assuming quantities and levels of excitement i read on here are true.

I don't see this as being such an essential to a collection as other X wings. Also not sure Poe is that great/popular a character to merit all the excitement.

Willing to be wrong, and could miss out, having bought precisely zero of this set

On 9/9/2016 at 0:39 PM, BarryZola said:

Using a £5 voucher I can get one from Toys R Us 1 min's drive down the road for £40. Still can't really be bothered to get another with the way it's looking.

Says it all really!

16 minutes ago, Seal Cutter said:

For me this set has been priced down for a reason, and i think then over hoarded, assuming quantities and levels of excitement i read on here are true.

I don't see this as being such an essential to a collection as other X wings. Also not sure Poe is that great/popular a character to merit all the excitement.

Willing to be wrong, and could miss out, having bought precisely zero of this set

Says it all really!

Hasn't been discounted much in the US, not more than 20%.

• Like 2

I think most of us like this set, which could be an investing nightmare. They weren't discounted around me either during last WM clearance but many people did buy them for $40. I think my purchases averaged at about $45 with different deals and discounts, plus I got about 4 of them for free or even with money back in my pocket when I got them with couple free space slug sets that sold for over $200

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

I also like those sets, partially based on the fact that they are the only 2 TFA sets I didn't see on clearance at Walmart around my area

In my area this has been my experience as well. I'm in Green Bay, which is about 3 1/2 hours north of Chicago. Maybe it's a regional thing? Neither of those sets were ever on clearance at Walmart or Target in my area. Every other TFA set was put on clearance. Shopko ran Poe's on clearance at $56 earlier this summer, but that's hardly a price to get real excited about, so they didn't move. I scooped them all up and stacked a $10 off $50 to get them lower. There are still some available at retail in a few of my WM and Targets. If those survive the holiday rush and drop next January / February then I'll grab those too. Shopko never restocked them after I cleaned them out, which is a good sign. Has anyone noticed a restock on Poe at a Walmart that previously blew them out? Walmart is known to do that, but if they haven't then that's also an indicator that this one could be near the end.

Edited by terrymc4677