75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Because it doesn't make a massive amount of sense to have two X-Wings on the market at the same time in the same price range. But hey, this is Lego we're talking about.

So long as both x wings are selling well, why would it not make sense? Afterall episode 7 has problem of low number of craft designs, so having x wings in different colours may be a tactic to create more revenue.

23 minutes ago, chipbee said:

So long as both x wings are selling well, why would it not make sense? Afterall episode 7 has problem of low number of craft designs, so having x wings in different colours may be a tactic to create more revenue.

Because they'll cannabalise each others sales. There's only so many X-wings you can sell at any one time, no matter the colour scheme.

1 hour ago, capsa77 said:

Honestly it's not that stupid of a question. I had asked myself this exact same question after I watched the movie the first time. The second time I watched it I did so to critique the movie rather than just enjoy it like I did the first time. The aerial battles, minus the Falcon chase scene which was ok, are utterly terrible. It's so all over the place I felt like I had A.D.D. The Maz Kanata defense is just a bunch of stuff on the ground being shot at and blown up. The Starkiller base attack is hard to follow along with and there isn't any real suspense or doubt ever. Most of the fighting around Starkiller base just shows the pilots faces and reactions and you don't see any real strategy or skill going on, just random mayhem. If I didn't fly around in an x-wing in the Battlefront game all the time, I would've never been able to fully appreciate how hard it was for Poe to fly around in a tight circle shooting the reactor stuff or whatever he did (if I remember that unmemorable battle correctly).

Really?  I've only seen it once myself as well, but I didn't miss the orange and black X-wing.  When it starts streaming, I'll watch it again and count the number of times the ship is seen or referenced.  I'm thinking the over/under is 12.

3 hours ago, DFC01 said:

Have you seen the movie? After Poe Dameron's blue X-Wing gets blown up at the beginning of the movie, his XWing is the orance and black one. It first shows up when the Resistance attacks the First Order at Maz Kanata canteen. The rest of the movie Poe flies the black and orange one.

57 minutes ago, capsa77 said:

Honestly it's not that stupid of a question. I had asked myself this exact same question after I watched the movie the first time. The second time I watched it I did so to critique the movie rather than just enjoy it like I did the first time. The aerial battles, minus the Falcon chase scene which was ok, are utterly terrible. It's so all over the place I felt like I had A.D.D. The Maz Kanata defense is just a bunch of stuff on the ground being shot at and blown up. The Starkiller base attack is hard to follow along with and there isn't any real suspense or doubt ever. Most of the fighting around Starkiller base just shows the pilots faces and reactions and you don't see any real strategy or skill going on, just random mayhem. If I didn't fly around in an x-wing in the Battlefront game all the time, I would've never been able to fully appreciate how hard it was for Poe to fly around in a tight circle shooting the reactor stuff or whatever he did (if I remember that unmemorable battle correctly).

1 hour ago, Steve Brule said:

When they attack the Death Star... I mean Star Killer. The planet destroying base used by the Empire... I mean New Order.

Yes I did but I wasn't able to distinguish or identify it in the movie. Was probably overwhelmed by everything that was happening. Gotta watch it again.

I'd buy these now if LEGO Shop at Home had a decent polybag to go with it just to offset some of the cost.

It's interesting if TLG will retain both 75102 and 75149 in the shelves. Imagine if they'd release an OT X-Wing for the upcoming Rogue One movie...3 X-Wings all at the same time. lol!

21 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Luckily it sat on a frosty Illinois porch long enough while I was at work to cool down. Are you building yours right away when it arrives? I haven't decided on mine yet

Nope ... waiting for a good moment to give it to my son as a present ... likely after he has seen TFA (he's not comfortable with movie theaters and the DVD/BR is going to arrive only sometime in April).

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:48 AM, Haay said:

After amassing 340 votes at this moment, the tally is now a very stable: 69% in favour of Poe's X-Wing, and 31% in favour of the Resistance X-Wing.

Looking at those two set images, can anyone tell what Poe's X-wing does with the extra 300 pieces?  Presumably it has 75% more pieces than the Resistance X-wing...

Disney Store has a sale running right now and you can get this for 25% off if you get over $100 (which is the 25% off bracket) and you get free shipping...so 2 for me in IL would come out to $70/ea. I just grabbed one from Amazon at $71 + tax so this is a decent price, just not sure I need another 2. I mean I need them, I just don't NEED them...Thoughts on the $70 buy in including tax/shipping?

Disney Store has a sale running right now and you can get this for 25% off if you get over $100 (which is the 25% off bracket) and you get free shipping...so 2 for me in IL would come out to $70/ea. I just grabbed one from Amazon at $71 + tax so this is a decent price, just not sure I need another 2. I mean I need them, I just don't NEED them...Thoughts on the $70 buy in including tax/shipping?

Picked mine up for BOGO 40% shopko with coupons. Broke down to around $54 each. I think can do better than $70, just need to look around

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Picked mine up for BOGO 40% shopko with coupons. Broke down to around $54 each. I think can do better than $70, just need to look around

Thank you for the info! Here's to hoping we might get a better deal within the next 30 days. I grabbed the 2, but for $63 + tax it's not a terrible deal...it's that stupid tax that makes it less attractive. I do appreciate the response...If I can snag a couple more for less these can go back, but till then, we'll just hope...but you know what people say about hoping :) 

When did you get your's from shopko?

Edited by midbenne
question

The lunacy of the horde never surprises me. Keep an eye out for hundreds of returns in 90 days

I don't think most of this is horde. This is the cheapest TFA big set and a variant on an iconic ship. It appeals to SW fans new and old and the price point is better than Kylos CS and MF and even the FO Transporter. The WMs near me only seem to get 4 at a time and they disappear almost immediately while the other ships are stacked 5 deep.

• Like 1