75102 - Poe's X-Wing Fighter

jaisonline

Has anyone seen these discounted yet? It´s not a protagonist in the Xmas catalogues so is being sold here at full price (90 euros). That looks expensive when compared to the reduced MF at 120.

In previous years, 9493 was always reduced to around 60 euros but it seems this year they just want to push the big sets.

20% off but that still makes it almost the full RRP of 9493!

In any case, I´m staying away from this one this year till we get a better idea of how well the new sets sell compared to OT and to be sure there are no more QC  issues like the cockpit on this one.

Edited by valenciaeric

9 hours ago, Haay said:

In The Netherlands the lowest price currently is € 76,49  which is a 26% discount. But I'm not interested.

In general or as investment? Just asking ^.^

For 69€ I just couldn't resist. I mean I wanted to have this one either way for my collection so this seemed like the best bargain I'll find in some time.

As investment I'm skeptical. I guess for 69 I could have bought a couple more but this looks like another potential 10€ deal I don't have time to waste on right now ^.^

Either way I gotta confess that I really just bought it for the minifigs *g*

43 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

In general or as investment? Just asking ^.^

For 69€ I just couldn't resist. I mean I wanted to have this one either way for my collection so this seemed like the best bargain I'll find in some time.

As investment I'm skeptical. I guess for 69 I could have bought a couple more but this looks like another potential 10€ deal I don't have time to waste on right now ^.^

Either way I gotta confess that I really just bought it for the minifigs *g*

I'm generally not interested to have multiple versions of basically the same model, and I prefer to have the best version of any given model. So the best currently available set of the X-Wing model is the Red Five, and I have two of those (still MISB). Why would I buy a Poe's X-Wing when it's inferior to the Red Five? At least for my own collection that is.

Maybe after I've watched the new Episode VII movie my opinion of the investment value of Poe's X-Wing will change. But I kind of doubt it...

6 minutes ago, Haay said:

I'm generally not interested to have multiple versions of basically the same model, and I prefer to have the best version of any given model. So the best currently available set of the X-Wing model is the Red Five, and I have two of those (still MISB). Why would I buy a Poe's X-Wing when it's inferior to the Red Five? At least for my own collection that is.

Maybe after I've watched the new Episode VII movie my opinion of the investment value of Poe's X-Wing will change. But I kind of doubt it...

Jek Porkins´ lawyers will be contacting you soon as 9493 is clearly the only version worth having in his view!

37 minutes ago, Haay said:

But dude! Nobodys gonna fly your UCS X-Wing! It comes without minifig!!! ^.^

I'll probably build the X-Wing and afterwards disattach it and use the parts for MOC later on.

35 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Jek Porkins´ lawyers will be contacting you soon as 9493 is clearly the only version worth having in his view!

^.^

But I guess he's no longer available...  ;-) Not only did he live long long ago in a galaxy far far away but also there is footage of him dying there. Even though he probably is one of the fans all time favorite characters. Just like Ponda Baba. I mean Cornelius Evazan is probably more important in the movie but I think people prefer Ponda Baba.
And don't forget about Oola!

9 minutes ago, Locutus001 said:

But dude! Nobodys gonna fly your UCS X-Wing! It comes without minifig!!! ^.^

I'll probably build the X-Wing and afterwards disattach it and use the parts for MOC later on.

No minifig is driving my 10220 VW Camper. No minifig is driving my 10242 Mini Cooper. No minifig is driving my 10248 Ferrari F40... ;-)

I guess I'm just less obsessed with minifigs than some others are here... *LOL*

1 hour ago, Haay said:

No minifig is driving my 10220 VW Camper. No minifig is driving my 10242 Mini Cooper. No minifig is driving my 10248 Ferrari F40... ;-)

^.^ True ;-) I guess I could build a DS out of my minifigs *g*

4 hours ago, Haay said:

If no minifigure is behind the wheel....then I shudder to think what evil force drives....your cars....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow X-Wingies. It seems I missed the instruction how to read and interpret Lego seal codes in order to find out about production series, production date, maybe even the molding plant locations. I also wonder if the defective cockpit canopy sets have a different seal code from the improved sets? Appreciate your thoughts.

On 19/11/2015, 20:14:34, BoomBoomFlash said:

Hi fellow X-Wingies. It seems I missed the instruction how to read and interpret Lego seal codes in order to find out about production series, production date, maybe even the molding plant locations. I also wonder if the defective cockpit canopy sets have a different seal code from the improved sets? Appreciate your thoughts.

There was a topic about seal codes on Brickpicker, if my memory serves me well, but I can't find it any longer. 

All I know is that the format xxRx or xxSx signify the weeknumber before the R or S and the last digit of the year number after the R or S. And the R is for the US/Canada market, coming from the Mexico factory, while the S is for the European market, coming from the Hungarian (?) or Czech (?) factory (?). Other letter codes also exist. I've seen the letter O as well, but don't know what factory that is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haay said:

There was a topic about seal codes on Brickpicker, if my memory serves me well, but I can't find it any longer. 

All I know is that the format xxRx or xxSx signify the weeknumber before the R or S and the last digit of the year number after the R or S. And the R is for the US/Canada market, coming from the Mexico factory, while the S is for the European market, coming from the Hungarian (?) or Czech (?) factory (?). Other letter codes also exist. I've seen the letter O as well, but don't know what factory that is.

Hey thanks. Indeed, there is a forum, found it with additional requests to the admin and mods in here, it is http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10400-assumed-lego-factory-tape-seal-date-codes-for-set-boxes/ Now, my xwing has 28R5, which means the 28th week of 2015, it is the second week of July. I did not assemble it, so I wonder if it is one with the defective canopy? Did someone check this? I did not assemble mine, and considering the current shortage and my believe that the ones with a defective canopy will be actually more valuable, I probably won't exchange it. 

6 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

Anyone watching this set for Xmas?  $100 on Amazon right now... out of stock at Target.com... though $79 at Walmart (limit 3?) and ToysRUs.com (limit 2).  I recall my local TRU had only 1 on the shelf... hmmm.

Only one in my target today.