Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

11 minutes ago, lego rules said:

hmmmm....that one doesn't look anything like the one I was thinking.  I thought you were talking about the Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4

Read my post! It´s the same chassis apart from the rear suspension (I only have 2 old style black hubs) but the bodywork is mine (I was missing some non technic parts and colours I also wanted to incorporate PF). With sets 8070, 42000, 42029 and 9394 you have pretty much everything you need to build the 2700 part original, though.

Edited by Val-E

14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Read my post! It´s the same chassis apart from the rear suspension (I only have 2 old style black hubs) but the bodywork is mine (I was missing some non technic parts and colours I also wanted to incorporate PF). With sets 8070, 42000, 42029 and 9394 you have pretty much everything you need to build the 2700 part original, though.

and how much do those sets cost?

You are missing my point that building Technic Supercar MOC's are expensive.  I doubt this Porsche will have things as good as what others have made, but Lego designers have constraints to work with where MOC's don't.  I also believe that particular model also involves buying NON Lego rigid / pneumatic hose.

Edited by lego rules

Total cost for me was 120 euros but I did use some donor parts from other sets and the PF´s, which is why 200 is closer to ballpark for the final model. There are some custom parts but you can do a workaround. The Alfa 4c did cost a lot more, which is why I didn´t build it.

I have well over 40 Technic sets; three of which are the ones you mentioned; that I can use for donors and I only have 82.5% for the yellow and slightly higher for the white Lambo.  I personally don't cut corners to save costs if it hurts the model.  I have just under 90% for the Alfa but the devil is in the details.  Some of the remaining parts in both models are not so easy or cheap to get in NA.

I am almost done the ICARUS and then am debating between the F40 or Simple Super car next.  The Porsche will be a nice change to be able to  build a supercar without the hassle of inventorying and gathering pieces.

• Like 1

I remember one of the first posts on Eurobricks said it would be a Porsche and that it would be a disappointment. Certainly, the new panels and tyres will be useful and if there are hubs and gears, happy days. Problems is I think they invested more in the booklet than the car itself. Don´t think it will outdo 42043, which for me was a high point.

I think price for porsche is someones craziness.Yes I beg for supercar for long time, but with this price I rather dont have any.More I read about it, then I less want it.

I can buy 42043 for 160 € I think its more fun, Pneumatic alone cost a lot, it has L motor and many, many functions.

I never open, well sometimes, cheap polybags plus one damaged exo suit, but this baby is awesome, I don't care if technic fans will complain that it's too simple or not, doesn't have this or that is non-working, don't care. I'm buying it (gonna have to find some deal though ;) ) , building it and displaying.

2 hours ago, Pomodoro said:

42056 has now been announced as a June 1st release, and it will be Lava Orange, as speculated:

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/10153647882953403/

Does Lego accept Facebook friend requests from people that are banned from ordering from Shop at Home? That would be sort of shallow and two-faced wouldn't. The irony....

8 hours ago, Average Guy said:

Does Lego accept Facebook friend requests from people that are banned from ordering from Shop at Home? That would be sort of shallow and two-faced wouldn't. The irony....

I don't see how they would know?  I would bet good money that they don't follow that stuff and don't care who follows them.  Even if you are banned, you can still find ways around it and buy stuff from them.

The guy on Eurobricks who said we´d be disappointed 6 months ago got it right. No way 300 plus Euros for this on parts value alone (no PF, printed or exclusive parts except for the wheel arches).

The manual had better be something special.

Edited by Val-E

Well this definitely makes up for the last 2 big disappointments from Lego this year.  Lego can have my money again.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

The guy on Eurobricks who said we´d be disappointed 6 months ago got it right. No way 300 plus Euros for this on parts value alone. The manual had better be something special.

You do have to factor in the licensing fee as well.  Not to mention this thing appears to be massive just by the dimensions alone.