Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

brickset.com:

42056 {Unnamed Super Car} - The stickers shown on this model will not appear on the final version. The pattern seen on this model is intended to replicate the camouflage graphic used on real cars when in testing. I think it is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

i dont know if this is true coz the box shown also has this prototype camouflage. id guess its alot unecessary work to do another version for the "final" release.

32 minutes ago, Hogi said:

brickset.com:

42056 {Unnamed Super Car} - The stickers shown on this model will not appear on the final version. The pattern seen on this model is intended to replicate the camouflage graphic used on real cars when in testing. I think it is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

i dont know if this is true coz the box shown also has this prototype camouflage. id guess its alot unecessary work to do another version for the "final" release.

I could see them go to that length, but it actually looks quite cool that way.

17 minutes ago, Ensche said:

That is what no one knows ;)

I love a good mystery!

16 minutes ago, inversion said:

Don't think so, that was only a recolor of an average set, that's why it could be limited.

I assumed this was the expensive 'supercar' that the rumours for H2 2016 were going on about. Some were speculating and complaining that the supercar would come with a price tag of 400 dollars/euros.

10 minutes ago, Seal Cutter said:

I think I need all of these

Cut all the seals!!!

Me too.

Does anyone know when these sets will hit? I'm in for the Porsche...and the tractor, but I can't see that tractor right now, all I see is Porsche Porsche Porsche.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I hope it's available as shown rather than a different color. I bet it's just LEGO trying to be clever though and it will most likely be a color. I hope it's something unique if it has to be a color, GT3 RS style like baby blue, bright orange or lime.

• Like 2

Seems TLG is really taking onboard the idea of producing larger sets that are not buildings or UCS editions. 3 licensed items is also a novelty.

I think that the porsche may not be as mechanically advanced as some might hope,but I´m going to have to sell some TH or DS to finance these 3 purchases!

• Like 1

I was not onto new age Technic until now. But holy brick, I have to own these. Even the tractor. I think LEGO realized that flagships have basically become AFOL fodder. I hope these sell well because I want this trend to continue. 

The crude reality is that stuff has to cost a lot to be really amazing. Only the high price ranges can produce truly jaw dropping things, and finally we seem to have enough demand to justify these products.

Edited by inversion

just watched the videos, these things look great! 

would really like to have the porsche and claas tractor. btw, anybody noticed, they put the wheels on the xerion in wrong direction?:D usually the "v" profile points to driving direction.

The BWE is very, very impressive, and it's yellow construction equipment.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say, this will only add to the value of flagship sets, especially 42009, possibly 42030, and maybe 8043 (which is already at $500).  42006 and a few other yellow mid-line sets may benefit as well.  8264 may actually see a massive swell thanks to this set; I think it pairs with the BWE beautifully.

I think lego has built yellow construction into a beautiful theme, and the completionists are going to take notice of the BWE, and some of them will go after the earlier large retired sets.  IMHO, YMMV.

Edited by diablo2112