Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

LOL Lego does not lose any money. They take all the orders from retailers at the beginning of the year and they ship what they can base on priority level. I assume Lego stores/Lego Theme Parks will have first priority. Big box stores and giant retailers will be right behind them. Then small chain stores but not giant big box stores will probably be next in line. Whatever is left will go to the mom and pa stores. Lego sets the price on wholesale level way in advance whether retailer wants to sell at discount or not does not affect Lego's bank.

As for the LEGO Shop at Home end, they just continue to take orders and fill them when they can and that means less available for retailers if Lego can sell direct to consumers.

5 hours ago, Mhd747 said:

So the other two new technic sets that lego released on August 1st 42054 (Claas Xerion) and 42055 (Volvo Ew160E) are already out of stock and on back order at SAH.

Is it just me or is Lego totally messing up recently? Granted that these sets have been highly anticipated but it's not like they are Star wars UCS sets that are flying off the shelves on release date.

Lego must be losing so much money first with the porsche shambles, now that isn't even a lego exclusive and is already starting to be on sale at 5-10% in UK. Every other retailers has these sets in stock so has Lego under estimated demand?

Looking forward to see how lego copes with the Disney castle, on back order after day 1?

The tractor is probably selling better than expected. Same happened with Arocs last year too as Technic production is lower than for more popular themes. I think it´s partly deliberate marketing - looks good if new items sell out. Remember that neither Batcave nor Hoth sold out and this reflects public opinion about their quality.

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

The tractor is probably selling better than expected. Same happened with Arocs last year too as Technic production is lower than for more popular themes. I think it´s partly deliberate marketing - looks good if new items sell out. Remember that neither Batcave nor Hoth sold out and this reflects public opinion about their quality.

I think you got that the wrong way around: public opinion about their quality was negative, which made them not sell out ....