Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...

I am fine with spending that money on a nice GT3RS model. What do you think about a potential release date? I just saw "later in 2016" as a comment, which could be any month now taking into account that statement was made in January. If they mean Q4, I'd buy another Technic set in the mean time. When do the new Technic sets usually hit the shelves? Thanks!

I thought someone said and I read,  August for the release date, but I'm not 100$ sure. Just going by what i read and heard..    I'm fine with spending the money too, as long as it's in a color I like. It would be awesome if we could choose our colors. I'm wanting a purple  or a nice blue. Some said it may be Lava orange, I heard it may be the blue like new technic dragster, and so on with the colors. Only time will tell. 

25 minutes ago, house72 said:

I thought someone said and I read,  August for the release date, but I'm not 100$ sure. Just going by what i read and heard..    I'm fine with spending the money too, as long as it's in a color I like. It would be awesome if we could choose our colors. I'm wanting a purple  or a nice blue. Some said it may be Lava orange, I heard it may be the blue like new technic dragster, and so on with the colors. Only time will tell. 

The GT3RS comes in four colours so... http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3-rs/

White or silver with the option of Lava Orange or Ultraviolet wraps.

Edited by Battrax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, house72 said:

I heard anywhere from 250-300 euro. I also head Power functions, no power functions, etc, etc.   I figured with NY toy fair going on, we would hear or see more about this. Maybe in the upcoming days.. 

It´s amazing in today´s camera monopolised world that not one single person who attended the three toy fairs has taken a photo of the open engine bay and posted it or even asked the stand hosts as that would have clarified everything.

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

It´s amazing in today´s camera monopolised world that not one single person who attended the three toy fairs has taken a photo of the open engine bay and posted it or even asked the stand hosts as that would have clarified everything.

I'm thinking they weren't allowed to. Leaving some mystery and speculation.  It's creating a huge buzz, so I think LEGO is happy about that..  I also think the model may be screwed down to it's platform. Since we don't see the undercarriage either..   I like how LEGO put the stickers on it, just like car companies do when they are testing their new vehicles. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, house72 said:

I'm thinking they weren't allowed to. Leaving some mystery and speculation.  It's creating a huge buzz, so I think LEGO is happy about that..  I also think the model may be screwed down to it's platform. Since we don't see the undercarriage either..   I like how LEGO put the stickers on it, just like car companies do when they are testing their new vehicles. 

They weren´t allowed to take pics of SW at Nurenberg and we got a full HD video 2 days afterwards! There is even a side on photo of the Porsche with the engine bay open. One would think that observers would have mentioned in their summmaries if it had PF or nor - how hard can it be to ask?

19 hours ago, Val-E said:

They weren´t allowed to take pics of SW at Nurenberg and we got a full HD video 2 days afterwards! There is even a side on photo of the Porsche with the engine bay open. One would think that observers would have mentioned in their summmaries if it had PF or nor - how hard can it be to ask?

Pretty hard I gather since no one has mentioned if it has PF or not.  lol..  Lots of mystery still surrounding this set..  

• 1 month later...

A Swiss retailer has added some placeholders for the summer sets. Main conclusions are that the Porsche will cost at least 300 euros and does not require batteries - that likely means  no PF included. Strange box size too, like the Mini but twice as thick.

It has all the hallmarks of being the August exclusive release.

• Like 3

To drive that using PF aren't you going to need lots of power? It looks huge!

Doesn't sheepo (google if not familiar) use 2 XL motors to drive his vehicles, along with one of his own sequential gearboxes? I would guess his chassis are a similar size to this, possibly smaller actually. I doubt Lego would like using multiple motors on the same drive train

Motorising a supercar has the danger of it only moving at a lame speed. Moving it at a speed faster than that would point to using it outdoors, to avoid collisions, which i think TLG also frown upon

13 minutes ago, Seal Cutter said:

To drive that using PF aren't you going to need lots of power? It looks huge!

Doesn't sheepo (google if not familiar) use 2 XL motors to drive his vehicles, along with one of his own sequential gearboxes? I would guess his chassis are a similar size to this, possibly smaller actually. I doubt Lego would like using multiple motors on the same drive train

Motorising a supercar has the danger of it only moving at a lame speed. Moving it at a speed faster than that would point to using it outdoors, to avoid collisions, which i think TLG also frown upon

I like sheepo's design very much, bought an instruction from him once and built one super car, it's amazing. If TLG can make a super car like his or even better, I am all for it, will buy multiple copies.