Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

I don't know this website but when I searched for 42056 I found this on technicfactory.net, is it orange or stays like the original pics...

So, finally the Ultimate IP Car is not a Mercedes or McLaren, but a Porsche 911 GT3. Body of the car is covered by white stickers, which are often visible on spy-shots of test cars. Owners will be able to decide if they want to apply them, or not. The car is beautiful, new parts really helps style : new rims, new panels for wheels arch, and some other new smaller panels. Regarding functions, this Porsche may include a 6-cylinder engine at the back and sequential gearbox. Lots of details also, like yellow brake calipers. Globally, this set is awesome and it could be the better Lego Technic supercar ever made.

Parts : Approx 1300, with Power Functions, without Pneumatic
Estimated Retail Price : USA: $249.99, Europe: 229.99€

Orange has been used before on the crawler, Unimog and Arctic truck - unless they choose a different shade. Don´t mind getting more panels in that colour instead of green, black, yellow, red or white.

This set will be an investment dilemma for many as it will be the first Technic based exclusive and the RRP is already pretty high. Can´t see it doing too well unless production is short.

9 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Yeah I got you, "des Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2016 in Lava-Orange"

Just to clarify one thing: Pormobricks only speculates about the colour of the Lego incarnation. First the article says that the colour of the real car might be Lava-Orange, as it is discussed in some car forums. The author then speculates further that the Technic model should have the same colour as the street version. So no definite info about the colour yet.

9 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

I don't know this website but when I searched for 42056 I found this on technicfactory.net, is it orange or stays like the original pics...

So, finally the Ultimate IP Car is not a Mercedes or McLaren, but a Porsche 911 GT3. Body of the car is covered by white stickers, which are often visible on spy-shots of test cars. Owners will be able to decide if they want to apply them, or not. The car is beautiful, new parts really helps style : new rims, new panels for wheels arch, and some other new smaller panels. Regarding functions, this Porsche may include a 6-cylinder engine at the back and sequential gearbox. Lots of details also, like yellow brake calipers. Globally, this set is awesome and it could be the better Lego Technic supercar ever made.

Parts : Approx 1300, with Power Functions, without Pneumatic
Estimated Retail Price : USA: $249.99, Europe: 229.99€

The parts count and price seem to be way off on this one.  I trust promobricks enough to believe it will be a 300 euro set.  Plus, with the size and density that the car looks like it has, 1300 pieces is way too low of a number.

As far as color, it could be in hot pink and it will still look sexy as hell.  I don't know what it is, but the more expensive the car, the better it looks in really odd bright colors.

There is something I don't get when it comes to pricing, I mean this is supposed to be THE ultimate Technic, the price announced is anywhere between 230-300€ and it has, say sub-2k parts. The Excavator on the other hand has staggering 4k Technic parts and it's considered another large Technic, not an exclusive?? I can't imagine a universe in which Porsche would be more expensive than the Excavator...

50 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

The parts count and price seem to be way off on this one.  I trust promobricks enough to believe it will be a 300 euro set.  Plus, with the size and density that the car looks like it has, 1300 pieces is way too low of a number.

As far as color, it could be in hot pink and it will still look sexy as hell.  I don't know what it is, but the more expensive the car, the better it looks in really odd bright colors.

The data from that source is already acknowledged as innacurate - 249 USD is the 42055 BWE price. The Porsche will have upwards of 2k parts - you can tell by looking at it and the only small doubt is if it will carry any PF or other goodies. My guess is that it won´t and we are looking at a premium AFOL targetted licensed set with limited release that will include some special type of manual à la Architecture series.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The data from that source is already acknowledged as innacurate - 249 USD is the 42055 BWE price. The Porsche will have upwards of 2k parts - you can tell by looking at it and the only small doubt is if it will carry any PF or other goodies. My guess is that it won´t and we are looking at a premium AFOL targetted licensed set with limited release that will include some special type of manual à la Architecture series.

Hm, 249$ for 4k set?? That's sort of hard to believe considering that sets that carried half that many parts cost 50$ less...

• 3 weeks later...

Someone on Techlug cleverly noticed that 42051 was not completely out of the picture. It was displayed on screen in Nuremberg in January, as you can see in this video.

There's still hope for it to be released eventually. Brickset lists it as: This set may have been cancelled or pushed back to 2017.

42051_2.PNG

Edited by Pomodoro

Meanwhile at Eurobricks, confirmation that there are no PF and that they have taken the Architecture road of premium packaging to bunk up the price. And it will be orange.

LEGO Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS omschrijving
Ervaar de iconische 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS met deze authentieke LEGO Technic replica voorzien van een gedetailleerd koetswerk en stoere velgen en remschijven. Bouw het motorblok, open de deuren en bekijk de werkende versnellingsbak en het stuur met de schakel-flippers. Dit oranje monster is een must voor iedere verzamelaar!
In de doos ontdek je een speciaal verzamelaars boek met interviews van LEGO Technic en Porsche teams evenals 4 originele design-velgen met het RS embleem. De Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set maakt deel uit van het thema Nieuw.

LEGO Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Description
experience the iconic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS with this authentic LEGO Technic replica. Provided with a detailed bodywork, cool rims and brakedisks. Build the cilinderblock, open the doors, and look at the working gear box and the steeringwheel with shifting-pads. This orange monster is a must for every collector. In the box, you will discover a special collectors-book with interviews from LEGO Technic en Porsche teams. just like 4 original design-rims with the RS-emblem. The Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set is part of theme New.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Meanwhile at Eurobricks, confirmation that there are no PF and that they have taken the Architecture road of premium packaging to bunk up the price. And it will be orange.

LEGO Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS omschrijving
Ervaar de iconische 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS met deze authentieke LEGO Technic replica voorzien van een gedetailleerd koetswerk en stoere velgen en remschijven. Bouw het motorblok, open de deuren en bekijk de werkende versnellingsbak en het stuur met de schakel-flippers. Dit oranje monster is een must voor iedere verzamelaar!
In de doos ontdek je een speciaal verzamelaars boek met interviews van LEGO Technic en Porsche teams evenals 4 originele design-velgen met het RS embleem. De Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set maakt deel uit van het thema Nieuw.

LEGO Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Description
experience the iconic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS with this authentic LEGO Technic replica. Provided with a detailed bodywork, cool rims and brakedisks. Build the cilinderblock, open the doors, and look at the working gear box and the steeringwheel with shifting-pads. This orange monster is a must for every collector. In the box, you will discover a special collectors-book with interviews from LEGO Technic en Porsche teams. just like 4 original design-rims with the RS-emblem. The Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS set is part of theme New.

Thanks!

I must admit though... I'll probably still buy it. Maybe after I can get some discounts....  after the Bucket Wheel; Excavator.

22 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The Lambo Aventador MOC has an excellent 5+R gearbox plus 4WD.

The difference between a MOC gearbox and the gearbox here is that it will most likely be similar to the gearbox in 8880. It will be a new single component or it will be made up of new compenents. MOCs gearboxs are much larger and more complex than what could be included in this set. A new piece or pieces will be made to create this gearbox making it smaller and simpler meaning it will be easier to implement a gearbox system in future MOC. Think about suspension. You could make a 4 wheel independent suspension on your own with basic, standard pieces. But the best, most realistic suspension is built with pieces created specifically for it. 

• Like 1