Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

7 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

Well this definitely makes up for the last 2 big disappointments from Lego this year.  Lego can have my money again.

You do have to factor in the licensing fee as well.  Not to mention this thing appears to be massive just by the dimensions alone.

We would need to factor it in on Speed Champions too  to be consistent. A Ford costs the same as a Porsche there! Size is on a par with 42000 grand prix racer ,just much better detail and closed body. Sorry, but it´s a rip off similar to Hoth.

It´s a 250 euro set absolute tops and Unimog and Arocs were both 200 with better parts and a license.

Edited by Val-E

8 minutes ago, citymorgue said:

Well this definitely makes up for the last 2 big disappointments from Lego this year.  Lego can have my money again.

You do have to factor in the licensing fee as well.  Not to mention this thing appears to be massive just by the dimensions alone.

Looks to be about 1-2 inches smaller than 41999 and the 9398.  This new set seems overpriced.

Side note: I'm also not a fan of orange.  Classic Porsches are generally red, black, sliver, white, etc...  Maybe even yellow for a racer. Not orange though.

It'll still be an instant purchase from me.  Yes I understand that it's more pricey than any other technic set, but this is a beauty of a set.

4 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Looks to be about 1-2 inches smaller than 41999 and the 9398.  This new set seems overpriced.

Side note: I'm also not a fan of orange.  Classic Porsches are generally red, black, sliver, white, etc...  Maybe even yellow for a racer. Not orange though.

I can understand your opinion on the color, but I differ in that the more expensive/exotic a car is, the better looking crazy colors are on it.  Like it would be dumb to see a ford or a chevy, or whatever in orange.  But you take a Lambo, Bugatti, etc, you could put neon pink and it would sexy as a mofo.

The colour is fine by me, just that orange is an investment jinx - Arctic truck, Unimog. I can see them selling quite a few arctic trucks to Mocers now as they will need more panels and beams to do their thing.

Also interesting that they have confirmed it is a 2 month SAH exclusive. I can see some QF potential there and it may turn out to be a short production run so that´s why the price is so high.

A comment on brickset states this will be limited to 10,000 units---consistent with the unique serial number mentioned in the complete press release.

I, personally, have very fond memories of an orange Porsche, much like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596cOK0YMMc.  For me, red or black has been overdone----I'm ecstatic to see the orange.

I'm so, so, so, SO, looking forward to this release.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpaceFan9 said:

A comment on brickset states this will be limited to 10,000 units---consistent with the unique serial number mentioned in the complete press release.

That´s a what a lego store person told me quote, so unconfirmed. I have my doubts as Lego would be the first to put LIMITED EDITION on the box or press release. I think they will make a 6 figure number but maybe the run will be short à la Tumbler,

If it is true, prepare for 41999 madness all over again then! Moderators may merge with bubble thread.

Edited by Val-E

I hope that it's Limited, but I also hope that it's not just 10,000 units.  That would be insane.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So prepare for 41999 madness all over again then! Moderators may merge with bubble thread.

I feel that if people thought that madness was crazy, this is only going to be a million times harder, because of the name and car.  Hold onto your horses people.  This is going to be one awesome ride.

41 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Probably the best exclusive that Lego has released this year. Day one purchase for me.

It is NOT an exclusive. It will be LEGO Shop at Home only (and Germany/Austria Lego shops) for the first 2 months, then full availability as of August. As per Huw at Brickset.

I still think LEGO should create "Porsche custom color" add-on sets that include only the orange plates in different color (say 1 set for red, 1 for white, and another for black).  For $100 a set they would make a killing on those plates

Unless they plan to keep releasing these in different colors...

Looks more like a Pink FLoyd boxset than a Lego. Anyone who thinks they will find this in their local supermarket is mistaken - it has exclusive written all over it.

Few printed parts but those new hubs look interesting - they could help us make 4x4 with steering and suspension a whole lot more easily than with the current ones.

Edited by Val-E