Technic 2016

TheOrcKing

53 minutes ago, Hogi said:

just watched the videos, these things look great! 

would really like to have the porsche and claas tractor. btw, anybody noticed, they put the wheels on the xerion in wrong direction?:D usually the "v" profile points to driving direction.

51 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

Pah, amateurs!

The thing is, there's no correct way since you can operate in both directions with the swivelling cabin. In their own presentation video they have both configurations depending on the implement used: http://www.norway.claas.com/products/tractors/xerion5000-4000-hrc

If you are going to push a rear-mounted implement, as opposed to dragging it, you want to have the tires in that orientation.

Edited by Pomodoro
typo

10 minutes ago, inversion said:

My only complaint with the BWE tho that it does not resemble any real vehicle.

This is the idea I think:

Trencher4.jpg

(Copyright Swapmeetdave, reference purposes only, picture will be deleted upon first request)

These gigantic machines, towering several hundreds of feet into the sky, are mainly to be found in Germany. Their purpose is to dig coals. In another hobby, urban exploration, I love to go and visit stuff like that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roy vd M. said:

These gigantic machines, towering several hundreds of feet into the sky, are mainly to be found in Germany. Their purpose is to dig coals. In another hobby, urban exploration, I love to go and visit stuff like that. 

I know what this is meant to represent. However the proportions are way off. The back of the arm should be much longer and the tower structure does not resemble any actual model.

It is a good model, but obviously it has limitations. To make it faithful it would have needed about 1000 more pieces and that would be too much.

12 hours ago, inversion said:

I know what this is meant to represent. However the proportions are way off. The back of the arm should be much longer and the tower structure does not resemble any actual model.

You might be more impressed with this MOC

I see that the MOC was built in 2014 and the same buckets are used in the new Technic model. Inspired? 

At first I was thinking to myself, there isn't too much to be excited about this year.  We've had little to no information about any upcoming Star Wars UCS sets, or anything too major.  And now... I've been proven wrong.  Why this surprises me, I have no idea....

First off, once I saw the initial list of a bucket wheel excavator, I was stoked, and now I'm even more pumped to actually see the model.  That thing is STUPID beastly.  I'm drooling all over myself here.

And the Porsche looks pretty good right now as well.  And as far as that goes, I'm going to assume, this isn't close to the final model, and we're going to have to wait a while before we get a better idea of everything, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Ugh, damn you Lego for being so badass and making me poor!!!!

14 hours ago, Val-E said:

Seems to be the DS box for BWE. Doubts are creeping in about the Porsche - it could be that the model is unfinished but it seems to lack visible technical features - same as those Ferrari speed champions sets from back in the day.

There's a danger that a car like this becomes too much about getting a big unit and getting the paneling/shape right, but without what feels like enough Technic content. This is why the Porsche is actually my least favourite of the new releases from yesterday

9 hours ago, Seal Cutter said:

There's a danger that a car like this becomes too much about getting a big unit and getting the paneling/shape right, but without what feels like enough Technic content. This is why the Porsche is actually my least favourite of the new releases from yesterday

Latest pics from the fair seem to suggest the Porsche is not RC after all (no battery box up front and fake engine in the rear). I remember reading a post about this set a few months ago saying it would disappoint people in terms of functionality.

Yes, it´s either that or some imitation function that does something different. We are missing a good photo of the engine bay and the chassis underside (why the first thing is so hard is a mystery, the second will be impossible as the model is bolted to the turntable)

Edited by Val-E

6 hours ago, Pomodoro said:

Promobricks.de has provided us with pictures of the B-models (from the boxes, no live photos):

TLG is trying hard to get us all to buy two of the 42055! It seems the processing plant has an actual working sorting mechanism.

Dammit. It connects perfectly with the excavator. Now I have to buy 2.

• Like 1

My total fantasy, not-gonna-happen-but-I-can-dream scenario is that 42055 prompts a mad rush on 4204, popping the price on this old City set into the stratosphere.  They actually could pair pretty well, especially with 4x-6x of 4204 giving a nice working face for the excavator wheel.   Yeah, right.

Edited by diablo2112

33 minutes ago, diablo2112 said:

My total fantasy, not-gonna-happen-but-I-can-dream scenario is that 42055 prompts a made rush on 4204, popping the price on this old City set into the stratosphere.  They actually could pair pretty well, especially with 4x-6x of 4204 giving a nice working face for the excavator wheel.   Yeah, right.

It may give a boost to 42035 Mining Truck if it retires at the end of 2016.  It may also boost 42028 bulldozer, although it could probably use a bucket instead of a blade on the front to maximize the relevance of the pair.  Not that 42028 needs a boost - $75-$80 and rising...

It may give a boost to 42035 Mining Truck if it retires at the end of 2016.  It may also boost 42028 bulldozer, although it could probably use a bucket instead of a blade on the front to maximize the relevance of the pair.  Not that 42028 needs a boost - $75-$80 and rising...

On a side note: 42028 currently available at target for RRP http://m.target.com/p/lego-technic-bulldozer-42028/-/A-15647710

6 hours ago, Val-E said:

Latest pics from the fair seem to suggest the Porsche is not RC after all (no battery box up front and fake engine in the rear). I remember reading a post about this set a few months ago saying it would disappoint people in terms of functionality.

Can always MOC given the large amount of space within. Key thing is the exterior shape, which should contain a number of new pieces