TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

On 2/27/2016 at 4:19 PM, Zunar Doric said:

I see the website shows the new batmobile poly, but when I went to my local, they said street date March 1st :drag:

Odd, did not see your post before i posted the same thing, ah well.

I did place an order for in store pickup with the $20 coupon, we'll see what happens..

Probs because it's a penny under $100 :( I was trying too...

You can add a $1.99 Crayola Crayons package for in-store pickup, and then just donate it or something (that's what I've done in the past).

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2016 at 11:41 AM, Zunar Doric said:

Probs because it's a penny under $100 :( I was trying too...

No, I had added a polybag and was over $100. I'm assuming that the Expert Creator line doesn't qualify under the "Babies" discount, but who knows.

On 2/28/2016 at 2:28 PM, Sandwraithx157 said:

Sites been down for a bit.. but anyone snag some Poe's from TRU.ca with the coupon code?!

Also noticed the new Batmobile poly is available for in store pickup in some stores around me:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?prodFindSrc=cart&productId=84548226

Still only $4.99 too.

And now that's off the site - hope I can still p/u in retail!

40 minutes ago, Zunar Doric said:

And now that's off the site - hope I can still p/u in retail!

passed to my toys-r-us ... they removed them from the floor becasue it will be in two weeks a free gift with 25$ purchase, this friday will be a tie-fighter poly i think but next week will be the batmobile with 25$ purchase

I was at TRU this morning (Winnipeg), and seems they have started a promotion where if you spend >$25 (before tax), you get a free Star Wars Rebels 30275 - TIE Advanced Prototype polybag.  I didn't see this promotion last weekend when I was there, and I'm not sure how widespread it is.  

I believe it was in the flyer for this week. This polybag has been around forever and in ample amounts, not a very desirable promo :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

I believe it was in the flyer for this week. This polybag has been around forever and in ample amounts, not a very desirable promo :(

Yeah, 2015 release, and lots of listings on Ebay.  I grabbed one for the collection, nevertheless.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2016 at 5:31 PM, TargetZero said:

passed to my toys-r-us ... they removed them from the floor becasue it will be in two weeks a free gift with 25$ purchase, this friday will be a tie-fighter poly i think but next week will be the batmobile with 25$ purchase

next week is gonna be batmobile

2 hours ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Got some BOGO clearance. Marked down to $3.99 I believe, so if you bought them in pairs you were around $3.00 + tax...so not a very valuable promo. The mini batmobile might turn out to pretty valuable if they ever released a UCS version of the new movie version, and you could pair them. Buyers seem to like the mini VW and mini Mini...

Not sure if anyone saw, but they've got some Hydra Fortress Smash online for 33% off. I'm sure most of you stocked up on these if you wanted them by now, but I hadn't diversified into Super Heroes yet... Tumbler changed that of course. Figured I'd grab my limit 3 with 3 WKBs to add to that stack. Not sure if this was around last week during the BRCFEB deal or not.... if so the stacked discount would've made for a very nice buy in. Maybe some of you scored. 

Edit: As an aside afterthought... their site is weird. If you search using their filters, and filter to Brand: Lego, then sort by price... WKB will not exist in the list. However if you search Lego in the main search bar, then click the button for "show all Lego", then sort by price, its one of the first results. I located the HFS that way too. Worth noting I think. 

Edited by Zelgazra

On 3/6/2016 at 10:56 PM, Zelgazra said:

Not sure if anyone saw, but they've got some Hydra Fortress Smash online for 33% off. I'm sure most of you stocked up on these if you wanted them by now, but I hadn't diversified into Super Heroes yet... Tumbler changed that of course. Figured I'd grab my limit 3 with 3 WKBs to add to that stack. Not sure if this was around last week during the BRCFEB deal or not.... if so the stacked discount would've made for a very nice buy in. Maybe some of you scored. 

Edit: As an aside afterthought... their site is weird. If you search using their filters, and filter to Brand: Lego, then sort by price... WKB will not exist in the list. However if you search Lego in the main search bar, then click the button for "show all Lego", then sort by price, its one of the first results. I located the HFS that way too. Worth noting I think. 

HFS is still in store at most of my locals... not too sure why, maybe it's not a hit with the kids right now. I'm sure if the BOGO clearance was still going they'd be gone.

As for the TRU site search results; yuuuppp, it's pretty bad. The worst is when they take a listing down (lets say Sea Cow) and they get new stock of it in and re-list it... the item won't come up in basic searches for a good few hours. You have to have a direct link or have had it in your "recently viewed" section at the bottom of the page. 

yea but... when commonly available overstocked sets like those go on sale >40% everyone and their dog picks them up by the trunk full to part out so those parts quite quickly launch a massive race to the bottom & you end up with drawers full of parkers.

Edited by Thumper