TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

On 3/21/2016 at 7:14 AM, Thumper said:

Not a chance! not with 4 acceptably viable versions already issued, it's just too often reproduced & will surely be released again in a new format (probably in 2018 & probably motorized).  It's also been on significant sales forever so all your competitors can easily undercut listings negating any decent roi before the next version.

Im not so sure about that. With the new star wars movies set to release over the next 2-3 years all i can see is new sets from the new movies. doubtful they will revisit episodes 1,2,3 in the near future.

Im not so sure about that. With the new star wars movies set to release over the next 2-3 years all i can see is new sets from the new movies. doubtful they will revisit episodes 1,2,3 in the near future.

See Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor. We will see Prequel content going forward.

• Like 1

hmm weird, my toysRus had a load of MTT and antartic boat that is 150$. Both full price. Saw the starwars police vehicule with anakin i think fully priced too.

They might be preparing for a bogo? Hope so, on some legos and call of duty mb.... still 2 at least 20 pirate ships...full range of JW, like 20 of each. 

No poes X-wing...that set will be gold I think even at msrp, will see.

Edited by TargetZero

11 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

They might be preparing for a bogo? Hope so, on some legos and call of duty mb.... still 2 at least 20 pirate ships...full range of JW, like 20 of each. 

Your TRU still has Brick Bountys? I haven't seen any at retail since December. I don't get the interest with Poe's X-Wing. To me, that thing is hideous, like a Halloween variant. I'm much more interested in the new grey and blue one coming out this year.

54 minutes ago, flord said:

Your TRU still has Brick Bountys? I haven't seen any at retail since December. I don't get the interest with Poe's X-Wing. To me, that thing is hideous, like a Halloween variant. I'm much more interested in the new grey and blue one coming out this year.

yeah, and my canadian tire just putted in a container until xmas 20 of them has well. And a library here has 5-6... but that x-wing is very rare in retails store all i am saying.

but yes many many brickbountys, all the bottom of the row. Maybe the manager will clear them someday. Last year I purchased some big star wars set that were manager's sales.

1 hour ago, TargetZero said:

hmm weird, my toysRus had a load of MTT and antartic boat that is 150$. Both full price. Saw the starwars police vehicule with anakin i think fully priced too.

Also saw all 3 at a local TRU today as well at full price.

9 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Also saw all 3 at a local TRU today as well at full price.

Weird, because why clear something, at good price with bogo, for than have all store get full... and no discount? hydra fortress is still in clearance... anyway, they told me they cannot know when, but it's about 3-4 time a year, with summer coming, i think it's coming. 

Oh and yeah, Also think that is the new way, I didn't see any theme in discount(was always 20% off 3 themes, and now, been month now, like aug 2015 i didn't see any discount. Only clearance(-20 40% off chima lego movies turtles etc) because they were gone for good.

And bogo was awsome, than bing nothing, we are now near april... last year i ordered like 100 times at 20% with two coupon, one was 10$ off 40$, and other was 10 off 50$, and shipping was free with 40$ order not 50$.... 

Might be they end of weekly special and coupons, but we will have good clearance

4 hours ago, TargetZero said:

I am finding POE's X-Wing everywhere in Edmonton last couple weeks. 75137Carbon-Freezing Chamber seems to be hard to come by of late.

Also saw a ton of artic boat in today at full price too. I am hoping for a BOGO at clearance price as well.

2 hours ago, TargetZero said:

And bogo was awsome, than bing nothing, we are now near april... last year i ordered like 100 times at 20% with two coupon, one was 10$ off 40$, and other was 10 off 50$, and shipping was free with 40$ order not 50$.... 

Might be they end of weekly special and coupons, but we will have good clearance

I spend a lot of $ on TRU.ca last year because of that coupon + airmiles. Hope they bring it back for the summer to stock up for xmas.

Also, is anyone less inclined to go to TRU now since they no longer offer airmiles? I now go to what's convenient for me. Where as before I would prefer Lego store or TRU because of the points. No more airmiles, no incentive to shop in TRU vs Walmart etc.

40 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Also, is anyone less inclined to go to TRU now since they no longer offer airmiles? I now go to what's convenient for me. Where as before I would prefer Lego store or TRU because of the points. No more airmiles, no incentive to shop in TRU vs Walmart etc.

Well, no?... When we ran the math, Airmiles turned to be worth a 0.5% discount or something ridiculous like that.

From my point of view, it's not even worth the time managing them.

1 hour ago, Stragus said:

Well, no?... When we ran the math, Airmiles turned to be worth a 0.5% discount or something ridiculous like that.

From my point of view, it's not even worth the time managing them.

Sometimes you luck out when they have 5x or 20x Airmiles on random weekends tho. I don't know I racked up $200 in GC from one year of collecting airmiles just from shopping at TRU. It was ok I guess.

Edited by tacsniper

The only items I ever got with airmiles were the car wash coupons and the cinema for 2 coupons. They got rid of car wash coupons a few years ago, and recently they got rid of the cinema coupons... I got rid of my airmiles mastercard, and soon... I'll get rid of the airmiles card. 

I make enough air miles in a year to get a flight. That's mostly from buying during special promos at Rexall plus using my air miles AMEX. They also have good sales for flights for members that can take 20% or more off. Definitely nothing to sneeze at. I didn't get many from TRU itself so I won't feel that loss. 

I have seen Poes Xwing, the MTT, and the Coruscant gunship at a few TRUs lately. Must be clearing out the warehouse. Only saw 3 brick bountys at one store and someone seems to have taken them all:victory:

• 2 weeks later...