TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

I only got into this around last April when those sales were going on. There was then multiple promo codes floating around until maybe September 2015. From someone who's been around longer, did they have those promo codes all the time in previous years? 2012-2014? Or was 2015 actually an outlier year with lots of great deals.... setting expectations that it would continue at the same rate? Or has the deals rate truthfully (see what I did there?) declined? 

Just thinking it could be spoiled perspective, after having that 4-5 month run of deals popping up at all sorts of other retailers like C Tire etc from around November onwards... 

3 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

The TRU I went to for the Star Wars general this past week was strict that you had to spend the money on boxed sets to qualify. They would not let me spend $25 on lego series minifigures as an example. I don't know if they permit mixels or things like that in a non box container but a bunch of $3.99 items was not going to cut it. Still managed to get 4 generals though. 

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12027082

I got lucky, then.  I bought a bunch of Disney CMF to get my First Order General.  Although, the cashier didn't even know about the promotion until I asked her for it, so maybe that's why.  Only ended up getting one, though.  Went back later, but they had given the rest away.

Edited by Codes

17 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

I only got into this around last April when those sales were going on. There was then multiple promo codes floating around until maybe September 2015. From someone who's been around longer, did they have those promo codes all the time in previous years? 2012-2014? Or was 2015 actually an outlier year with lots of great deals.... setting expectations that it would continue at the same rate? Or has the deals rate truthfully (see what I did there?) declined? 

Just thinking it could be spoiled perspective, after having that 4-5 month run of deals popping up at all sorts of other retailers like C Tire etc from around November onwards... 

Don't feel spoiled at all. I certainly don't when I see the constant sales and deals BP members get in the USA! It keeps getting leaner and leaner for Canadians to find good deals anywhere.

15 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Canada's economy must be doing really well this year. There has been hardly any decent sales thus far in 2016 on Lego products.

Doubt that, more like the strangle hold of a few big retailers over Canadians is getting worse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember seeing this in the flyer (maybe i didn't look hard enough), but it looks like Minecraft sets are %20 off right now which is pretty rare for TRU. Was waiting for a sale to pick a couple up with airmiles vouchers, so yay.

Keep in mind i believe some of wave 1 has a $5 markup.

Edited by Sandwraith

9 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

I don't remember seeing this in the flyer (maybe i didn't look hard enough), but it looks like Minecraft sets are %20 off right now which is pretty rare for TRU. Was waiting for a sale to pick a couple up with airmiles vouchers, so yay.

lego city 20% off too, wasnt in flyer

Edited by TargetZero

24 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

Anyone loading up on Minecraft? I anticipate the first wave to be retiring soon.

I'm not sure there is anything all that unique in these sets honestly (at least wave 1). Minifigs can pretty much be found in multiple sets, and the pieces are fairly basic ones. The Farm can pretty much be ignored as there is a better "farm" in the Village set haha. And i think we all know the Ender Dragon won't be doing much once retired.

Wave 2 and 3 are a bit more interesting though, so we'll see.

On 6/1/2016 at 6:14 AM, Sandwraith said:

Flyer I received had SELECT Minecraft and City for 20% off

4 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Flyer I received had SELECT Minecraft and City for 20% off

Yeah i see it in this weeks flyer, however these were on sale (online) Wednesday which would fall under last weeks flyer, and i hadn't seen this upcoming weeks flyer. Someone flipped the switch early on TRU.ca i think :P 

42 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Yeah i see it in this weeks flyer, however these were on sale (online) Wednesday which would fall under last weeks flyer, and i hadn't seen this upcoming weeks flyer. Someone flipped the switch early on TRU.ca i think :P 

Oh really? Then I better get shopping!

Went to toysrus, grabbed some friend polybag and some tie polybag at half price... they was that girafe too 3 sets grabbed them, went to pay, and scanner at they registrer said do not sell, price scanner said 4.99$... anyway they didn't sell them to me ...

lady said that they had a major sell 1-2 month ago maximum, didn't see that, 70% off bikeshop etc... and wasnt following mucho toys-r-us.. or in store..

but seems they have ''local'' sell has well