TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

4 minutes ago, Codes said:

@ChristopherJB Thanks for the heads up.  

Will they do the price guarantee despite the fact that the item is currently not in stock online?

Thanks,

Cody

Any answer other than "YMMV" would be just personal experience.

Some have had luck when the item is OOS, some have had no luck. Bottom line is just give it a try both online and in store and see what happens.

I think technically the item has to be in stock (at least in the fine print from what i recall).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Codes said:

@ChristopherJB Thanks for the heads up.  

Will they do the price guarantee despite the fact that the item is currently not in stock online?

Thanks,

Cody

You call them up. Don't do it in store. They will do the price guarantee as long as you get a person on the phone who doesn't know what he/she is doing. They will just see the price and match it without questioning. If you bring it up, your price guarantee is all but gone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

my toysrus got a refresh of jurrasic world..at least 6-7 of each are on shelves.

People are still buying those? Some TRU are restocked. I saw a bunch of IRs on the shelves with those security cables, Good luck. I'd stay away from JW with a ten feet pole now. Check out ebay prices. They are slowly but surely tanking. The game is over, at least for now.

13 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

People are still buying those? Some TRU are restocked. I saw a bunch of IRs on the shelves with those security cables, Good luck. I'd stay away from JW with a ten feet pole now. Check out ebay prices. They are slowly but surely tanking. The game is over, at least for now.

Not necessarily. I haven't seen any Raptor Escapes in stores anywhere for months now even with the restock on other sets and am still selling those for over $100 CDN on Amazon. Bought 15 way back when and am almost halfway through them now.

Not necessarily. I haven't seen any Raptor Escapes in stores anywhere for months now even with the restock on other sets and am still selling those for over $100 CDN on Amazon. Bought 15 way back when and am almost halfway through them now.

Raptor Escape is listed as retired on the Lego website.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It was mentioned in another thread (probably the JW thread) already that the entire line is being continued/re-released in another wave - all except RE supposedly... which is only good news for everyone that got the RE on 30% off at wmt a couple weeks ago...

I didn't even get mine for a discount but am still happy as I have 8 or so left to sell. Might have to wait a bit on the handful of Raptor Rampage I got.

Not really big news (or maybe it will be to some who knows), but that Nexo Knights poly 30371 is available online at TRU.ca:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=84548196

Does seem like its only been sold from Europe, maybe the first we're seeing it in NA? You'd have to buy 10 for free shipping though, bit too many of 1 polybag for my liking.

1 hour ago, lobo1969 said:

Local TRU put 2 Lonely Mountain sets on the shelf but at the regular $149.99 price. Best current options to get these discounted in the store?

No-one to price match with, and with so few Hobbit sets i doubt we'll see a generic %20 off Hobbit sale. Best bet would be airmiles vouchers or wait and hope they go on clearance i think, but i doubt they will last until then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

I exagerated! But it was very very huge compare to that petshop floatting in it.

;) It's really YMMV on TRU... sometimes I get really nice packaging, and sometimes I get the hot water tank box with one lego box in it and one sheet of bubble wrap at the bottom of the box. 

I received 3 bike shops in original lego box last week ... love it even though there is no padding. Boxes are pristine!

I recently opened a Star Wars set that i bought from TRU Online a while back and it was missing bag 1 and in the other bag the little bag that holds the mini figure parts was opened but the big bag around it was/looked factory sealed.The box seals themselves looked also perfectly fine. Obviously somebody bought the set, took the mini figures and bag 1 and returned it to TRU warehouse, but how the bag still looked factory sealed i don't know.

23 minutes ago, massakassa said:

I recently opened a Star Wars set that i bought from TRU Online a while back and it was missing bag 1 and in the other bag the little bag that holds the mini figure parts was opened but the big bag around it was/looked factory sealed.The box seals themselves looked also perfectly fine. Obviously somebody bought the set, took the mini figures and bag 1 and returned it to TRU warehouse, but how the bag still looked factory sealed i don't know.

You should investigate the seals to make sure they haven't been tampered with and I would also call TRU.ca and let them know what has happened.  Maybe they can trace it and catch the crook doing these kinds of things.

13 minutes ago, lego rules said:

You should investigate the seals to make sure they haven't been tampered with and I would also call TRU.ca and let them know what has happened.  Maybe they can trace it and catch the crook doing these kinds of things.

Yeah, unfortunately i bought it almost a year ago so wont be able to return it, but i will still let them know. You can expect these things to happen in store but i never thought this would also be prevalent with online orders. Oh well, learned something from it.