TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

I think it was advertised as a 3 day sale or something.

When I tried to Price Match at Best Buy the support person said they couldn't because it was a 'limited' time sale.  WTF!  Every sale is for a limited time or that would be it's regular price.  They would not give me a threshold for 'limited time', and pretty much just said they wouldn't do it.  Phoned back an hour later and the person I got next had no issue with the 3 days sale and promptly put through the price match.

New code for $10 off of $50.  Sounds like it works on Lego but haven't tested:

NewArrival16

Awesome thanks! Looks like it works on the few LEGO items i've tried. Nothing LEGO related on sale though to combo it with this week :(

Interesting that SW figures/vehicles are already going %20 off this week, might be some good opportunities there.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Amazing, a new $10 off code, thanks Zender!

Now we would just need a simultaneous 20% sale on about anything to place a bunch of orders...

20% off plus $10 off would be a colossal fire sale in CAD with this exchange rate. The last time there was a 20% off, I hammered the Avengers tower hard and made about $15USD each on those after ebay fees and shipping. Just do the in store pickup. The cashier at Lansdowne Mall in Richmond B.C. asked me what the heck am I doing with 25 sets of these.

I have a suspicioun people will be punching in orders for the monsters minifigs this time if it shows up online.

3.99x15 = $60 - $10 = $50

$50x1.12 (BC tax) = $56

Convert back to USD is around 2.75 a pack after taxes. The cheapest I got the minifigs was in Oregon stacking GCs and 5% red card at target, and it was 2.80USD a pack. And I had to go to the store lining up and the cashier had to scan this and that.

So what you really want to see now is the CAD dropping to 72 cents. Then you clean every lego set that is on sale with the code. Minifigures can be used as fillers.

Edited by ChristopherJB
  • Like 2

20% off plus $10 off would be a colossal fire sale in CAD with this exchange rate. The last time there was a 20% off, I hammered the Avengers tower hard and made about $15USD each on those after ebay fees and shipping. Just do the in store pickup. The cashier at Lansdowne Mall in Richmond B.C. asked me what the heck am I doing with 25 sets of these.

I have a suspicioun people will be punching in orders for the monsters minifigs this time if it shows up online.

3.99x15 = $60 - $10 = $50

$50x1.12 (BC tax) = $56

Convert back to USD is around 2.75 a pack after taxes. The cheapest I got the minifigs was in Oregon stacking GCs and 5% red card at target, and it was 2.80USD a pack. And I had to go to the store lining up and the cashier had to scan this and that.

So what you really want to see now is the CAD dropping to 72 cents. Then you clean every lego set that is on sale with the code. Minifigures can be used as fillers.

My local postal worker gave me a lot of strange looks in the spring when I was making so many small orders. I think one day they brought 15 mid-sized boxes to my door. I have so many TRU boxes folded up in my storage room it is ridiculous. Unfortunately they aren't as usefully sized as amazon or TLG boxes, though, and I'm often too lazy or busy to modify them :)

lol.. I had to rent a van and drive to the back of purolator so they could unload the skid... I think the poor purolator guy just "nope-d" his way out of my delivery that one time. hahaha. 

lol.. I had to rent a van and drive to the back of purolator so they could unload the skid... I think the poor purolator guy just "nope-d" his way out of my delivery that one time. hahaha. 

My Purolator guy refused delivery twice with weird online tracking errors such as "Loading dock unavailable". After insisting on the phone, he finally arrived, rang and asked for our help to unload.

It was quite a large truck so I asked " Which boxes are ours?". His reply: " All of them." It was glorious. :)

Edited by Stragus
  • Like 4

It appears to be working on 40 minifigs, just for testing. Did you forget to clear cookies?

Got it to work on minifigs, but no other basic sets so far. Yesterday it worked on basic sets as i picked up a MM and a SW figure.

Tried cookie clearing/diff browser/guest account. 

Edit: Fine print: Save $10 when you spend $50 or more (before taxes) on any baby products.

I guess they applied the "baby" filter recently :(

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Got it to work on minifigs, but no other basic sets so far. Yesterday it worked on basic sets as i picked up a MM and a SW figure.

Tried cookie clearing/diff browser/guest account. 

Edit: Fine print: Save $10 when you spend $50 or more (before taxes) on any baby products.

I guess they applied the "baby" filter recently :(

I guess since the minifig heads are hollow and won't block your airway if swallowed babies can play with minifigs? :)

Good to know we still have baby toys in the house if anyone brings one over!!! :D

• Like 2