TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

I have never bothered with air miles (I just put my mother's number whenever asked), do you know how that translates into a discount percentage?

If you use the cash programme it works out to $10 for every 95 points, you get 1 point with every $20 dollars spent or $25 at the booze store or various other amounts at other partners.  Doesn't seem like much but when you get points along with your weekly groceries and home/auto insurance they build up pretty quickly. they also combine nicely with cash-back visa cards.

The trick with TRU as they don't take air miles at the point of sale like many places do, you have to convert your points into vouchers to redeem in-store.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1

If you use the cash programme it works out to $10 for every 95 points, you get 1 point with every $20 dollars spent or $25 at the booze store or various other amounts at other partners.

Thank you.. So, to summarize:
Each point is worth $0.105 (10/95), and you must spend $20 per point, so the discount is 0.00525 (~0.5%) of the price paid. With TRU's 30x points promotion, it becomes 15.75%.

That's enough to be interesting, slightly better than LEGO's 2x VIP points coming up in October. It's very unfortunate the TRU $10 code just disappeared...

Thank you.. So, to summarize:
Each point is worth $0.105 (10/95), and you must spend $20 per point, so the discount is 0.00525 (~0.5%) of the price paid. With TRU's 30x points promotion, it becomes 15.75%.

That's enough to be interesting, slightly better than LEGO's 2x VIP points coming up in October. It's very unfortunate the TRU $10 code just disappeared...

FYI The base rate is $40 per 1 airmile earned at TRU now. This changed quietly a few months ago.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EarnMilesInStoreSponsorDetails?sponsorId=1120773720639

As it happens I just spent $50 at Rexall and got 130 air miles. That's $13 or a 25% discount.  

You have to jump on the airmiles specials when you can! My best effort was about 500 airmiles on just over $100 at Safeway last year but I won't see that again as they scaled back their coupons since.

You have to jump on the airmiles specials when you can! My best effort was about 500 airmiles on just over $100 at Safeway last year but I won't see that again as they scaled back their coupons since.

They've been scaling back for years. In my first apartment I literally had a wall of jumbo Shreddies and Honeycombs in the eating area. Was worth thousands of air miles... Alas I no longer eat Shreddies or honeycombs. :)

I still use my air miles for flights but 30x even at 1/40 isn't bad. My MC gives 1/15 right now so that makes it roughly 32.67x the air miles. :)

My local postal worker gave me a lot of strange looks in the spring when I was making so many small orders. I think one day they brought 15 mid-sized boxes to my door. I have so many TRU boxes folded up in my storage room it is ridiculous. Unfortunately they aren't as usefully sized as amazon or TLG boxes, though, and I'm often too lazy or busy to modify them :)

Nice. I have noticed that when they ship those longer lego boxes, eg, Milano (which I cleaned a lot of), they sent them in the longer cardboard boxes. They are a bit flimsy.

I was testing out the code on random sets trying to mix and match, not a lot to gain for tomorrow's airmiles bonus. They had to do it on a week when no lego sets are on sale, go figure.

The TRU code no longer works. Probably my fault. :) The Thomas and Friends at 50% plus the $10 off was too good and I cleaned every single piece using the NewArrival code. I think I punched in about 60 orders include a bunch of Call of Duty sets. Must have triggered an alarm on their side. 

Tested it on all kinds of lego sets and it doesn't work.

Not LEGO related, but the Hasbro battle action MF was available online last night when i checked, only had 1 left in stock though. Grabbed it just to see what flipping it will be like this holiday season.

No idea if it will be popular or not, or how heavily produced it will be, but figured i can't go wrong giving it a shot given i don't think it's made its way to stores yet.

Not LEGO related, but the Hasbro battle action MF was available online last night when i checked, only had 1 left in stock though. Grabbed it just to see what flipping it will be like this holiday season.

No idea if it will be popular or not, or how heavily produced it will be, but figured i can't go wrong giving it a shot given i don't think it's made its way to stores yet.

Available at all WM here in near Montreal .. 59.94% + 15% tx..

Back in stock now. This one is worth a gamble. Selling for $170USD plus shipping on ebay. So if you get it after taxes at 170CAD, sell on ebay with 10% fees (assuming no discount), you still make 20% based on exchange. I'll list a few and see what happens. Can't lose, worse case, take it back for a refund after 35-40 days.

The MF toy is this after taxes.

168.00 CAD = 126.105 USD

I saw a bunch sold just now for 170USD plus $20USD shipping.

Product Weight:
4 lbs
Product Dimensions: (in inches)
18.6 x 18.6 x 12.4

To ship from Blaine to the other end of the US (Florida) cost about $11.00USD, so with jacked up shipping and after fees, you stand to make around 50CAD. I'm in for 2. :)

Lots of sealed cases of series 14 CMF's at this TRU location! (total of 7). Debated getting some, but not feeling the full retail without any discount ><

One of the TRU here put a big sign of Limit 20 Minifigures per Customer X_X

Edited by tacsniper