TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

Sure was, I was getting VC sets for more than 25% off because I was pairing the sale prices with flyer coupons for one week

Those were the good old days...TRU was also pretty good in the spring (albeit with rampant abuse of the cineplex codes) but the last bit of summer and the first week of bricktober not so good. If there are no sales for week two I don't know if I want to bother grabbing the second set. I ended up going back to TRU last Friday and paired RR with DA two times, but now my store has no JW (unless a restock hits...but seems unlikely), and what else looks like solid investment or quick flip at MSRP?

Those were the good old days...TRU was also pretty good in the spring (albeit with rampant abuse of the cineplex codes)

Hey I spend a ton of $ in TRU during that period! I bet their executive team did not mind seeing the revenue chart during those months. I am sure TRU did not mind the rampant use of the $10 code or they would of put a stop to it much quicker. And yes, they can change things fast if they are losing money. Prime example when limit 3 for any lego sets kicked in after the huge discount error on their eBay store with no limits.

Edited by tacsniper

Hey I spend a ton of $ in TRU during that period! I bet their executive team did not mind seeing the revenue chart during those months. I am sure TRU did not mind the rampant use of the $10 code or they would of put a stop to it much quicker. And yes, they can change things fast if they are losing money. Prime example when limit 3 for any lego sets kicked in after the huge discount error on their eBay store with no limits.

Sadly there was a limit of 10 per set during that error. :( 

Those were the good old days...TRU was also pretty good in the spring (albeit with rampant abuse of the cineplex codes)?

The cineplex code combined with the various 20% sales was fantastic.

I do feel a little bad that this $10 off $40 coupon wouldn't scale as $50 off $20, $200 off $800 and so on. TRU ended up paying a lot in extra shipping due to the multitude of tiny orders...

I got 10 of every set that had the error. Haha. Was pretty much buy 1 get 9 free. 

Yeah, my 3 of each got cancelled, you should sells one to me at cost :)

TRU flyer for this week - Free JBC when you spend $25 in lego swts (couple of exception themes) combined with the train station for $75

• Like 1

You have the purchase e-vouchers from the airmiles site for TRU, they are pretty much e-giftcards.

And drawback of this is that you can only purchase $10 or $20 denominations and the TRU website only allows you to enter 5 giftcard/ voucher numbers per transaction. So when it comes to airmiles cash on TRU.ca you can only spend up to $100 per transaction (but use CC for any balance over $100). My next few purchases will be fairground mixers at $100 airmiles cash and $70+ in real dollars under this scheme.

Edited by lobo1969

You have the purchase e-vouchers from the airmiles site for TRU, they are pretty much e-giftcards.

And drawback of this is that you can only purchase $10 or $20 denominations and the TRU website only allows you to enter 5 giftcard/ voucher numbers per transaction. So when it comes to airmiles cash on TRU.ca you can only spend up to $100 per transaction (but use CC for any balance over $100). My next few purchases will be fairground mixers at $100 airmiles cash and $70+ in real dollars under this scheme.

Thanks! I like to spend it on $200+ items. Good to know on the $100 limit... Maybe I will settle with a DO for half price =D

Edited by tacsniper

Great 2 days to buy. 7x air miles. Free joker poly and bricktober train set.

Hmm, at 1 mile per $40, or 1 mile per $5.7 @ 7x, and 100 miles per $100 gift card, that is looking to be equivalent to be equivalent of a 17.5% sale? Can anybody confirm?

For what it's worth I placed 2 orders over $75 and didn't get any Bricktober bonus poly or anything, le sigh, I could try again...

Bricktober set is in store only. 

TRU $10 airmiles cash rewards cost 95 airmiles each. 1 mile for every $40 spent at TRU, so even with 7x the airmiles there's not a ton of value just in the airmiles. The real value is in the bricktober set and the joker bumper car poly. The airmiles bonus is just icing on the cake. 

Note: my TRU had a full Jurassic world restock in store, all sets available! (Except RE of course) 

Edited by Hansolo55
  • Like 1

Hmm, at 1 mile per $40, or 1 mile per $5.7 @ 7x, and 100 miles per $100 gift card, that is looking to be equivalent to be equivalent of a 17.5% sale? Can anybody confirm?

For what it's worth I placed 2 orders over $75 and didn't get any Bricktober bonus poly or anything, le sigh, I could try again...

I thought it was 95 miles = $10

Bricktober and Polybags are instore only.

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1