TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

How is WM with Lego anyways? Just a sticker on the box ala Sears style or do they pack it in a proper shipping box?

I've only ever ordered in what I believe was the factory-case number and I got them in the LEGO boxes with a label slapped on them.

I've only ever ordered in what I believe was the factory-case number and I got them in the LEGO boxes with a label slapped on them.

I should add though... Last summer I also ordered some tools. The drill came with a label slapped on the retail box. :)

Guest ph4tb0i

Alright. Ordered a couple of more DSes after approval from the wife (her response: "Emerald night buddy... Emerald night..." >_>) 

Alright. Ordered a couple of more DSes after approval from the wife (her response: "Emerald night buddy... Emerald night..." >_>) 

My first train investment was the Maersk Train... I only bought one though and I recently took it off the investment list and put it into the "ours" closet. :)

ordered another 2 at walmart. really pondering about breaking the bank for this one. 

The ultimate question is what is someone willing to pay for this.  My personal opinion is collectors of big expensive UCS sets will not pay top dollar for this.  It is more of a play set.  But hey, who knows!

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

I thought that about the ucs bwing when i bought it on may the 4th. But 1 (or 2?) years later that thing is appreciating nicely. with the currency working in favour of us it's going to be a fun ride this year. :)

Edited by ph4tb0i

Guest ph4tb0i

I am assuming you are comparing the 50% off b-wing to a full price Death Star?

Time will tell, but I think other large exclusives will trump this set.  I have a stack but I paid way less than MSRP.

350 USD is about... 455 CAD now using a neutral exchange rate (+2.5/3% bias unless you have a way to cash out closer to the neutral rate e.g. Norbert's gambit)? So relative to the Canadian dollar we're about 10% off which is all good. :) 

I'm actually pondering whether Tower Bridge will fly to astronomical levels when it retires as well, but that can't possibly be retiring soon... :P 

350 USD is about... 455 CAD now using a neutral exchange rate (+2.5/3% bias unless you have a way to cash out closer to the neutral rate e.g. Norbert's gambit)? So relative to the Canadian dollar we're about 10% off which is all good. :) 

I'm actually pondering whether Tower Bridge will fly to astronomical levels when it retires as well, but that can't possibly be retiring soon... :P 

True, but when I paid $350USD it was around par.  I am happy they are disappearing, I just think some caution is prudent :)

The ultimate question is what is someone willing to pay for this.  My personal opinion is collectors of big expensive UCS sets will not pay top dollar for this.  It is more of a play set.  But hey, who knows!

I have my reservations about this set too, but i also did with the SSD and only grabbed a couple. I can't trust myself! That's the nature of the beast though.

Worst case scenario i have 90 days to change my mind :P

In for 1 more from WM ;)

Guest ph4tb0i

Bought a total of 9 altogether (8 in the last 16 hours + 1 for 365 during prime deals on amazon.ca). LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Edited by ph4tb0i

Its wiped out clean at most stores for a reason ;). I cannot keep these things in-stock either. The green back with our exchange rate has been a strong force to make me move these products.

I am still waiting for 30x I.Rex, 30 T.Rex to arrive. I have 35 Raptors Rampage in my car. 20 I.Rex in storage. 

If any of these JW short production run rumours are true; this stack here is pure gold.. rest of us may end up scrambling and getting them at retail VS. on sale. Not sure i believe this line will be short, but it's also not comforting to know i have 0 I-Rex's yet!

If any of these JW short production run rumours are true; this stack here is pure gold.. rest of us may end up scrambling and getting them at retail VS. on sale. Not sure i believe this line will be short, but it's also not comforting to know i have 0 I-Rex's yet!

Here is another report today in the USA.

To add more conspiracy to this thread...

In talking with a Walmart Toy Dept Mgr today, they stated that Indominus Rex and Raptor Escape will not be back in stores and that they considered JW to be seasonal. The Raptor Escape is sold out (so no clearance) and the Indominus Rex was pricy - hence the drop to $99 in price, and wanted the shelf space. Those two sets are completely gone in my area and will not be replaced they said. Not sure about the other sets.

Maybe it is not done as a series, but will only be available online as restocks happen at Walmart website or Shop at Home.

Disclosure: Just passing on what was discussed, not sure how accurate, take it or leave it. :derisive:

Here is another report today in the USA.

I've heard the same from my local WM's and TRU's. I was at 3 today and none of them had a single JW set, and could not tell me when new stock was due in.

However i did find 1 location that had some of the Summer sets in were was cool to finally look at in person. Really like the Nether Fortress.

IMG_4882.thumb.JPG.0d359ba357a8cb5496d95IMG_4883.thumb.JPG.effab10804d616be69c99IMG_4884.thumb.JPG.4f90616feef536e0571c6

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

That jokerland set looks awesome! It's going to go great with my Ferris Wheel/Fairground Mixer/Winter Village Market lol...