TRU Canada Sales and Clearance

tacsniper

The 3 per customer limit is now on ebay too, no more groups of 10 because of me.

There, fixed it for you. ;)

Kidding aside, it was bound to happen that they'd put limits up. The only people who are ordering more than three are resellers.. They've always limited the masterpiece Transformers and other collectibles - the website had the means of limiting per order for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the works to limit per name or shipping address at some point.

Phoned my local store and they will match any online price, however, they don't carry the Fairground Mixer...  It is an online exclusive apparently.

Most of the more expensive creator sets are online only. Sometimes you'll find one or two in the store, but probably returns. I'm not exactly sure why not .. I bet sets like the Mini and Mixer would see well enough in store. Oh well, good for future resale as many people will still skip out from online shopping!

Phoned my local store and they will match any online price, however, they don't carry the Fairground Mixer...  It is an online exclusive apparently.

Sorry, when you said BM stores I assumed you were talking about LEGO BM stores price matching, not the actual TRU stores. I still don't think a LEGO store manager will price match on the spot if you should them the online TRU price.

When you check TRU online and choose an item, there is an option for checking to see if local store availability is possible on the item. I did this for the Mixer within 100km of my area with some faint hope there would be local stock but it was NOT in stock. But as gregpj has already said the Mixer like other exclusives are extremely unlikely to be in local stock on the shelf. BUT in the past I have seen lone exclusives like LB and Sandcrawler on the shelf in local stores but the boxes looked a beat up and I suspect these particular sets were return items, as Gregpj also pointed out. If I see these exclusives still in stock in my travels I'll have to check the 'local stock' button online to see if it actually knows about this stock.

In short if you don't believable the online info, then you may have to actually go down to the store or at least try calling them and have someone check the shelf and not the computer...

Edited by lobo1969

Just registered and placed my first ever order with TRU....Can one place 3 separate orders using CineplexFeb individually on each (for total $30 discount) or is that promo code one use per account? Just ordered a 3rd Bike Shop & Cafe for my Modular MOC, and noted it's coming out cheaper than the 2 I bought from SaH during May 4th promo. Looking at returning those two and picking up 2 more from TRU and saving ~$25 more, but it would be next to moot if the Cineplex code can't be applied to the other 2. 

Just registered and placed my first ever order with TRU....Can one place 3 separate orders using CineplexFeb individually on each (for total $30 discount) or is that promo code one use per account? Just ordered a 3rd Bike Shop & Cafe for my Modular MOC, and noted it's coming out cheaper than the 2 I bought from SaH during May 4th promo. Looking at returning those two and picking up 2 more from TRU and saving ~$25 more, but it would be next to moot if the Cineplex code can't be applied to the other 2. 

You can keep reusing the Cineplex code as long as your clear your internet browser`s cache after each time you used it, or you can place an order with another internet browser.

• Like 1

All mine got shipped. Waiting for delivery. On another forum, I read few people got their orders cancelled 2 hrs after placing their order.

That's pretty quick... usually it takes 2 or 3 days for them to cancel when stock really isn't there. I've had it take up to 5 business days to get a cancellation notice.

Regardless, my 2 arrived this morning in a never opened factory box and one of them has a pretty good crush/squish along the bottom (the boxes are in upside down) like it was handled very roughly. Oh well, off to storage they go... Long term hold these are.